ImageImageImage

Who still wants Harden?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Re: Who still wants Harden? 

Post#1961 » by VDT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:37 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Ben Simmons having a huge contract in your team pretty much implies second round fodder, pretty self explanatory if you ask me.
Go get an all level scorer instead of this primadonna and we are all set.

I thought you wanted to trade Embiid and build around Simmons as recently as this last offseason.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#1962 » by rzzzzz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:37 pm

Arsenal wrote:Will Ben Simmons be "scared straight" enough to start shooting the ball? I have my doubts.

If he wants to show his appreciation to the organization, he starts to at least shoot that little popper when the defense backs off, and draw contact driving all the way to the rim. It’s not much to ask.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#1963 » by ckchen » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:40 pm

GutUNC wrote:
peZt wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
There there's the matter of the 6 1sts and Thybulle....

Yes, and you still do that trade in a heartbeat. Even if I doubt that 6 1sts would've been needed.

Having a genuine shot at a championship but no draft picks >>>> Second round exit for the next half decade but hey you got a handful of late first round picks

There's so much lunacy here, even before you factor in that the trade deadline wasn't today at 5:00.

Honestly, the deal the Rockets ended up getting just goes to show you that they never had any intention of trading him to Philly. All of the talk of needing a cornerstone, all-star player + young prospects + picks in return and all they ended up with really just a bunch of picks and expiring contracts. Apparently that demand only applied if they were trading him to Philly, because Houston knew that they were asking too much. Houston was never going to trade Harden here, whether that's because of Morey or maybe they really didn't want Simmons.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#1964 » by Stanford » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:42 pm

It's a sellers market, let's face it. And it will continue to be for a while, until the moment Joel demands a trade.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#1965 » by the_process » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:47 pm

Mik317 wrote:
the_process wrote:Price was way too high. It's a good thing the Sixers passed on Harden.

BKN mortgaging their future again is hysterical.

What in the world was Indiana thinking flipping Oladipo for only LeVert and a 2nd? That's an awful trade for them.

Dipo wanted out and Indy doesn't get FAs. LeVert is under contract for a bit and basically replaces what Dipo was bringing this year.

I missed where Dipo asked out. Ok, but Indy still should've gotten a 1st with LeVert instead of a 2nd. NBA GM's make some pretty bad trades.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#1966 » by blargh » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:55 pm

All I can say is, the Nets are gonna Net.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1967 » by BullyKing » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 pm

Stanford wrote:It's a sellers market, let's face it. And it will continue to be for a while, until the moment Joel demands a trade.

Silver will unveil a new rule that you can only trade one pick in a trade
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#1968 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:01 am

the_process wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
the_process wrote:Price was way too high. It's a good thing the Sixers passed on Harden.

BKN mortgaging their future again is hysterical.

What in the world was Indiana thinking flipping Oladipo for only LeVert and a 2nd? That's an awful trade for them.

Dipo wanted out and Indy doesn't get FAs. LeVert is under contract for a bit and basically replaces what Dipo was bringing this year.

I missed where Dipo asked out. Ok, but Indy still should've gotten a 1st with LeVert instead of a 2nd. NBA GM's make some pretty bad trades.

Meh, Oladipo just isn't that good anymore.
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#1969 » by nitocobola » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:03 am

let's close this thread and move on.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#1970 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:05 am

Harden didn't go for much. Not sure if it even would have required Simmons levert and a bunch of late round picks what an awful package
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,191

Post#1971 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:07 am

Read on Twitter

I'm guessing Morey tells Rivers, you have till the deadline to get the most out of Ben, or else I'm trading his ass.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#1972 » by zaz102 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm guessing Morey tells Rivers, you have till the deadline to get the most out of Ben, or else I'm trading his ass.
Could be trying to soften blow. Use Doc to regain the trust. Sure its an awkward situation.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1973 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

We get it. You want to trade Simmons.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,828

Post#1974 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:14 am

Trade is done. Time to move forward. Get behind Simmons and support him or stop watching. That's how I feel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#1975 » by DCasey91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep the management has always been enamored with Simmons for this whole time

That’s why he’s super coddled

Don’t ever let players control management decisions

Should 100% be the other way around it’s their job if they suck at it fine they’ll be fired in due time.

Morey knows Harden inside and out and he knows what Simmons truely is.

Harden’s gone

Butler left

Beal?

Politics man

Fish goes from the head down

For all the critics of Jerry Krause he was a very very savvy GM. The Rodman move was genius, so was euro stashing kukoc.

Jordan loathed him even called him “crumbs”. But guess what if you looked at the moves he made they were very astute and most of the time bang on.

Trading Oakley for Cartwright

Getting Harper, Drafting Pippen etc etc etc etc

Jordan’s the GOAT but Jerry Krause doesn’t get the recognition he deserves imo. Turned a **** to a proverbial powerhouse under his tenure.

Getting Tex

The balls to fire Collins for Jackson was another masterstroke.

Ah well we still have Embiid. For how line who knows
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#1976 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 am

VDT wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Ben Simmons having a huge contract in your team pretty much implies second round fodder, pretty self explanatory if you ask me.
Go get an all level scorer instead of this primadonna and we are all set.

I thought you wanted to trade Embiid and build around Simmons as recently as this last offseason.

Build around Simmons absolutely not, but Embiid got exposed in last playoffs, so trading Embiid was a consideration with the condition of getting an all level scorer in return, and also with the idea that Brett was still our coach.
Finally, after getting rid of cancer Brett, all is clear now: Embiid was being held back while Simmons not really, he has always been the same primadonna. Ben was injured too so his trade value was at the lowest possible, so that didn't help either.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,191

Post#1977 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:19 am

BullyKing wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Anything wrong with expressing that? I'm not the only one to say it. I'm merely just adding another tweet. Morey is smart, if he was willing to include Simmons now, he'll be willing to do it later, if he doesn't improve. Let's not act like I'm the only one repeating and beating the trade Ben Simmons drum.
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1978 » by davesilver » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:24 am

blargh wrote:All I can say is, the Nets are gonna Net.

they really just mortgaged their future for a 30+ star... again.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1979 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:24 am

eyeatoma wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Anything wrong with expressing that? I'm not the only one to say it. I'm merely just adding another tweet. Morey is smart, if he was willing to include Simmons now, he'll be willing to do it later, if he doesn't improve. Let's not act like I'm the only one repeating and beating the trade Ben Simmons drum.

Because you're baselessly interpreting every single tweet to fit into your own agenda
NYSixersFan wrote:
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#1980 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:24 am

Tough decision waiting for Simmons: play really well this month and the next to be a lock for the super meaningful all star game, or play really bad to tank his value and avoid being traded? I still think the first is the most likely but cannot underestimate the hate that he has against Biid.
Great takes since 2024-04-20

Return to Philadelphia 76ers