ImageImageImage

2018 draft

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Re: 2018 draft 

Post#21 » by youngcrev » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:10 pm

Stinks that they missed on that first pick, but coming away from that night with Shamet, Shake and a future 1st feels like a pretty successful night to me. I'd say that's considerably better than the expected value of the picks we had.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#22 » by Negrodamus » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:29 pm

76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
Monix wrote:this franchise has blown a bunch of drafts throughout the process

2013, 2015, 2017...

There's a hot take to be made, here.

@76iology, do the honors...

Add 2016

Life wouldn’t be so hard if we have Fultz, Ingram and Embiid.

*Tatum, Ingram, SGA, and Embiid.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#23 » by 76ciology » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:37 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:There's a hot take to be made, here.

@76iology, do the honors...

Add 2016

Also a good alternate option. Not saying the 4 guys in a line-up would be inferior.

But i personally prefer Fultz, Ingram and Biid. It’s a better fit for me. Fultz and Biid can play like how Fultz plays with Vuc. He’s a better complimentary player for Embiid than Tatum. But man.. i wouldnt mind either one of them.

SGA is good, but he’s nowhere as good as Ingram or as good as Fultz can be.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#24 » by Negrodamus » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:48 pm

76ciology wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Add 2016

Also a good alternate option. Not saying the 4 guys in a line-up would be inferior.

But i personally prefer Fultz, Ingram and Biid. It’s a better fit for me. Fultz and Biid can play like how Fultz plays with Vuc. He’s a better complimentary player for Embiid than Tatum. But man.. i wouldnt mind either one of them.

I actually think the fit would be better with SGA. He's a proven C&S option (obviously struggling in the first two games from three because he's not a off the dribble shooter) which would be nice with three other scorers. He's also better at drawing fouls. Fultz would be nice, but I still think we would have sold him for parts even if we had Ingram and Embiid at the time. There's a whole lot of things behind the scenes that disqualifies Fultz from ever being the pick for me. He obviously wasn't prepared to take on the expectations of the 1st overall pick and had some crazy external issues with his mom and adjusting to life as an adult. He's playing well now because the expectations have dropped considerably and he's in central Florida where no one cares. Perhaps you're referring to the Fultz if you remove all these factors.

I'd rather have Tatum who came in and was instantly a high level role player that is evolving into an MVP candidate.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#25 » by 76ciology » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I actually think the fit would be better with SGA. He's a proven C&S option (obviously struggling in the first two games from three because he's not a off the dribble shooter) which would be nice with three other scorers. He's also better at drawing fouls. Fultz would be nice, but I still think we would have sold him for parts even if we had Ingram and Embiid at the time. There's a whole lot of things behind the scenes that disqualifies Fultz from ever being the pick for me. He obviously wasn't prepared to take on the expectations of the 1st overall pick and had some crazy external issues with his mom and adjusting to life as an adult. He's playing well now because the expectations have dropped considerably and he's in central Florida where no one cares. Perhaps you're referring to the Fultz if you remove all these factors.

I'd rather have Tatum who came in and was instantly a high level role player that is evolving into an MVP candidate.

Yup. You have a point and i cant disagree. I think it can go either way.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers