ImageImageImage

G3: 12/27/20 Sixers at Cavaliers 7:30 ET

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Re: G3: 12/27/20 Sixers at Cavaliers 7:30 ET 

Post#241 » by Arsenal » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:25 am

76ciology wrote:2 more games before Jan 1. Raptors and Magic.

Tik tok tik tok..

That's the date 2020 draftees can be traded right? So we can include Maxey in a deal then.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#242 » by Black Mage » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:34 am

Tik tok tik tok..

Both could be losses. Magic always seem to have our number.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#243 » by Black Mage » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:35 am

Arsenal wrote:

Tik tok tik tok..

That's the date 2020 draftees can be traded right? So we can include Maxey in a deal then.

Not just Maxey, but all rookies. Could very well be there's a 3rd team who Houston wants their top pick this year versus keeping Simmons with Wall.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#244 » by Openheimer » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:02 am

If Maxey is the deal breaker then you don’t think twice to get a top 4 player
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Post#245 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:10 am

Black Mage wrote:

Tik tok tik tok..

Both could be losses. Magic always seem to have our number.

They also got a good headcoach, that is a very close friend of Brett. Hopefully he’ll have a vengeful heart.

Just let AG and Vuc stay inside the paint live peacefully with those hooks and floaters of Ben inside the paint. Foul him instead of getting easy lay-ups. AG should try to stay on him on transition, which he can do given his tools.

Then run that 1-5 PnR of Fultz and Vuc. Pull Biid away with Vuc’s shooting then Fultz should hunt Seth like how he dominated Neto tonight.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#246 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:11 am

I actually haven’t watched the game. Quite busy today.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#247 » by syntax » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:38 am

So about that sports game today.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#248 » by eyeatoma » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:01 am

End this absurdity and get Harden. At least if he leaves in 2 years we'll have the capspace to sign someone else who can also shoot, and get away from this 16/7/8 **** every game.,
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#249 » by syntax » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:01 am

76ciology wrote:I actually haven’t watched the game. Quite busy today.

If you don't have time I can give you a quick summary
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#250 » by SixthStreet » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:45 am

There are a lot of weird results league-wide for as few games having been played. Some combination of short offseason for the bubble teams and no fans. I'm not surprised we looked really bad without Embiid. Morey's makeover clearly sacrificed talent for fit and while the full roster should be able to win more games they will be much worse when Embiid is out. We probably win this game with Horford. Simmons won't be able to pull this roster to wins without Joel.

Think you just throw out this result and move on. Wouldn't take away much from it.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#251 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:59 am

syntax wrote:
76ciology wrote:I actually haven’t watched the game. Quite busy today.

If you don't have time I can give you a quick summary

I just want part of the game it stopped to be competitive.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#252 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:02 am

SixthStreet wrote:There are a lot of weird results league-wide for as few games having been played. Some combination of short offseason for the bubble teams and no fans. I'm not surprised we looked really bad without Embiid. Morey's makeover clearly sacrificed talent for fit and while the full roster should be able to win more games they will be much worse when Embiid is out. We probably win this game with Horford. Simmons won't be able to pull this roster to wins without Joel.

Think you just throw out this result and move on. Wouldn't take away much from it.

The starting unit doesnt fit, we’ll have more data for this in the upcoming games. Things may change.

And if you think we need more talent around Biid and Ben, then it shows how difficult it is to build around those two. It can be done but it really takes a lot more than what we have now.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#253 » by Kolkmania » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:05 am

Road game, 2nd night of a back-to-back and no Embiid. No surprise we lost this one.

Think that Ben started with the right mindset of attacking the basket. However, his decision making/inability to score through contact was really apparent tonight. He rather performs a hand-off under the basket than initiate contact and attempt a shot. In all honesty that is more disappointing to me than the lack of a jump shot.

Was a good test for Maxey today. At some point they started playing drop coverage on his P&R's and he didn't adjust by slowing down and going for an open jump shot. Not surprising for a rookie who prefers to slash, but it tells me he will lose his effectiveness along the season as more teams will adjust.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,116

Post#254 » by M2J » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:16 am

stormi wrote:I think I feel less and less attached to keeping Simmons when I think about how the Nets gave up Tatum/Brown/Sexton, two of those extremely young and promising players within the division to Boston, and still turned around a built a legitimate contender before them.

But Harden/Embiid/Harris/Shake/Howard is not enough....

Brooklyn is in New York. Clippers are in LA Philly is in... Philly.

Not a destination location, not going to get duos like Kyrie and Durant or George and Kawhi. Unless you already have a guy that players want to play with... Not sure Joel is that guy.

Speaking of JoJo. Still think Philly should consider trading him before Ben. Simply because he's a slight bit older and if he's going to miss 20 games a year, it's not going to work.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#255 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:19 am

M2J wrote:
stormi wrote:I think I feel less and less attached to keeping Simmons when I think about how the Nets gave up Tatum/Brown/Sexton, two of those extremely young and promising players within the division to Boston, and still turned around a built a legitimate contender before them.

Not a destination location, not going to get duos like Kyrie and Durant or George and Kawhi. Unless you already have a guy that players want to play with... Not sure Joel is that guy.

Speaking of JoJo. Still think Philly should consider trading him before Ben. Simply because he's a slight bit older and if he's going to miss 20 games a year, it's not going to work.

If we have Jamal Murray instead of Ben, I’d be more open to trade Biid.

Ben with Harden doesn’t really make you a contender. It just makes you a weaker 2019-2020 Rockets squad.

And who knows.. maybe we’ll trade Biid for Steph Curry after the harden deal.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,116

Post#256 » by M2J » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:06 am

76ciology wrote:
M2J wrote:

Ben with Harden doesn’t really make you a contender. It just makes you a weaker 2019-2020 Rockets squad.

Well, I said weeks ago when Harden came around that the team prior to the trades was easier to build a contender with Ben and Harden vs Joel and Harden. Having a Horford in place of course. After the trades, I'm pretty confident Philly isn't winning a title with Harden either way.

I'm not against trading either Ben or Joel if I'm the Sixers. I think you can get a better, more solid foundation for either than Harden over time.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 709

Post#257 » by Kova » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:38 am

I don't have an issue with losing this game. 2nd night of back-to-back with no Embiid.

What I have a problem with is that in that case, you need your max player to step up. I can't remember one single time that happened in the last two years.

Yes, I'm ranting about Tobias Harris again. He is not making any difference on this team than for example Kormaz. Give Kork those minutes and touches and he would be more effective.

If we can package him in a Harden deal (Simmons and Embiid are off the table in my books), that would be a double win for us.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#258 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:29 am

M2J wrote:
76ciology wrote:
M2J wrote:

Well, I said weeks ago when Harden came around that the team prior to the trades was easier to build a contender with Ben and Harden vs Joel and Harden. Having a Horford in place of course. After the trades, I'm pretty confident Philly isn't winning a title with Harden either way.

I'm not against trading either Ben or Joel if I'm the Sixers. I think you can get a better, more solid foundation for either than Harden over time.

If you think Sixers isnt winning with Harden and Biid. Then you definitely isnt even making the finals with Biid and Ben. Ben is likely to not get any better on offense.

Harden single handedly (no cousins and wall) almost beat a complete Blazers squad last night. He’s better than Biid and Ben, combined.

We didn’t tank to be a first or second round exit team. We tanked to have a chance for a championship which this opportunity to trade for harden gives you.
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#259 » by syntax » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:35 am

76ciology wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:There are a lot of weird results league-wide for as few games having been played. Some combination of short offseason for the bubble teams and no fans. I'm not surprised we looked really bad without Embiid. Morey's makeover clearly sacrificed talent for fit and while the full roster should be able to win more games they will be much worse when Embiid is out. We probably win this game with Horford. Simmons won't be able to pull this roster to wins without Joel.

The starting unit doesn't fit, we’ll have more data for this in the upcoming games. Things may change.

And if you think we need more talent around Biid and Ben, then it shows how difficult it is to build Tobythose two. It can be done but it really takes a lot more than what we have now.

Do I have to call them Biid and Ben?
These two play off each other well. Not a concern.

Early Action for Shooters
Seth,Toby + PnR with Simmo from either wing. Consider slipping screen and going strong here.

Touches for Biid
High post touch or high screen. Pop for 3 or long 2.
Look to hit a cutting Simmo sealing a smaller player down low.
Pump fake/jab step then take your man down low and pound on him. Or smart pass.

Green is our weakest link. He was done last year - I'd love to replace him with someone like Hield.

6th man needs to be identified and given a role and I don't know why Thybulle isn't playing. He is a good defender.1st subs could the ble and Milton for Curry and Green.

Shorten rotations. Remove Scott.
Dwight,Forkmaz,Thybulle,Milton,Maxey
76ciology
RealGM

Post#260 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:47 am

If Morey plans to play Embiid less games after what he learned from his experience with Yao...

How would he feel after he watched the talent that played on this game?

He’s gonna play with the players that played on this game for like 20 games a season.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers