Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

M2J
Starter
And1: 1,115

Re: G4: Raptors at Sixers 7PM ET 

Post#301 » by M2J » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:58 pm

76ciology wrote:
76ciology wrote:
JojoSlimbiid wrote:Good comeback. Why do games against the Raptors always feel hard.

Because they always have a big who can slowdown Embiid. Then they have Siakam who is as long as a center. Both their big and siakam, would just stay in the paint.

Their deathball in previous years, even includes Ibaka. So overall they can put Siakam, Ibaka and Gasol in the paint.

Nurse is a smart coach he knows our team is handicapped on offense.

Im not saying this will happen everytime but this happens most of the time

Read on Twitter

Anyway just catching the game now.

I think film session on that play vs raptors could still prove fruitful.

3 options could've been for Ben to see that Tobias was open due to the paint pack. He should've easily gotten that pass over lowry.

Ben could've tried to pull Lyn out a bit to either attack him harder if he tried to continue the denial of Joel or utilize the mismatch and actually get the ball to Joel

If they pull that pick and roll o
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#302 » by Black Mage » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:03 pm

On a rewatch for the 4th quarter, the one thing I noticed is that Doc went ape on Milton for not shooting when wide open from an Embiid kick out. I think he was also yelling at Seth about the same.

Meanwhile, Doc says zippo to Ben for passing up open shot after open shot. I don't get why there's always a different set of rules for Ben compared to almost every other guy on the team. This is the same **** Embiid has complained about while under Brett. Everyone asked to sacrifice for the team except certain people a.k.a Ben.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#303 » by Sixersftw » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:48 pm

Black Mage wrote:On a rewatch for the 4th quarter, the one thing I noticed is that Doc went ape on Milton for not shooting when wide open from an Embiid kick out. I think he was also yelling at Seth about the same.

Meanwhile, Doc says zippo to Ben for passing up open shot after open shot. I don't get why there's always a different set of rules for Ben compared to almost every other guy on the team. This is the same **** Embiid has complained about while under Brett. Everyone asked to sacrifice for the team except certain people a.k.a Ben.

I don't exactly mind it the way Doc has explained it. Guys have "their shots" and he's gonna get pissed at a player for passing up their shot if its open. So him freaking out on Shake makes sense. The issue with Ben is... he doesn't have a go to shot so there is no accountability there.

Between Kelle looking pretty damn good and Embiid seemingly poised for a MVP level season I'm starting to run out of patience. The whole Ben Simmons experience has to be figured out in the next month or so imo.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#304 » by phillynative » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:00 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Both Simmons & Embiid have only had half a season with a prototype player that compliments them both by minimizes weaknesses and utilizing some their strengths in butler.

A Vet gaurd that could hit threes at a good clip and run an offence or a two way combo/wing gaurd that can get 20+ and be a playmaker in the half court.

Chris Paul/ George Hill/ Lowry/Dragic & Lavine/Oladipo/Brogdon all come to mind for those particular types. It’s been 3+ seasons to get those types and still to this day Embiid hasn’t played with a competent pg that can run the offense at all times. That’s more of 76ers mismanagement of assets rather than the duo themselves.

A fit Embiid is a DPOY/MVP candidate
Simmons is a DPOY/All NBA 18/8/9 guy with no adjustments, all is needed is getting the line 7+ times and work on one/two got to moves , pull up three, Floater whatever just work on one of those and utilize it once a quarter dead easy.

Our base to work from if they realize their talents and produce is a top 5 & 15 player in the NBA. That’s an absurd base for a championship

No wonder our fan base are so frustrated.
How does Embiid not have a compenent real pg for his whole career bar half a season (combo guard) it’s borderline ignorance.

A shaq/Kobe/Prime Green idea is what the makeup should be for the sixers. We’ve been 2/3’s of the way there for the longest time.

It has been frustrating seeing our top player teamed up with other big men throughout his career. Right now he is teamed up with two PFs who are on the Max.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers