ImageImageImage

G7: 01/04/21 Hornets @ Sixers 7pm ET

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,526

Re: G7: 01/04/21 Hornets @ Sixers 7pm ET 

Post#201 » by youngcrev » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:45 pm

ConstableChaos wrote:Sixers need a stretch big to play the non-Embiid minutes and to give them a bit more versatility.

Simmons-Curry-Green-Tobias-X

I'd like to have a stretch 5 on the roster, but Howard has been outstanding in his role.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,821

Post#202 » by phillynative » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:07 pm

76ciology wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
ConstableChaos wrote:Sixers need a stretch big to play the non-Embiid minutes and to give them a bit more versatility.

Simmons-Curry-Green-Tobias-X
I disagree. I'll take Howard's paint protection and rebounding over a average 3 point shooting big.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah I also disagree.

I dont know if my eyes are fooling me but I find Ben to be better in running the PnR with D12.

I LOOOVE D12. If I’m a shooter, I’d love to play with him. He can anchor the defense and sets great screen.

They want the floor spaced more so Ben can do his best Pseudo slashing pg impression. Dwight clogs the paint
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,153

Post#203 » by Kobblehead » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:07 pm

Dnt hate wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Plan A: Harden
Plan B: Derozan
Plan C: Rose

Derozan for who? Not this new and improved Tobias

I guess it's a matter of perspective.

I think it's incredibly dangerous to consider this stretch a "new and improved" Harris. It's far more probable that this is just a hot streak from a guy playing beyond his sustainable level.

Besides, are you ignoring the contractual aspect of the swap? We'd have a chance to get out of one of the worst contracts in the league for a far better scorer on an expiring!
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,464

Post#204 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:45 pm

sixers4real wrote:I am glad we are playing good, but the reality is, we are playing against worst NBA teams.

Last season this team was hard pressed to beat any bad teams on the road. So we have improved. And that ball movement. OMG...sometimes I rewind a play just to watch the ball movement. 2 positive signs.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,582

Post#205 » by Black Mage » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:33 pm

syntax wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:Didn't get to watch the game, but looking at the box score, how the hell is Ben only a +7 compared to the rest of the starting lineup that had +18 or more? Did Ben play extended minutes in garbage time?

When the starters first come out, it's been Ben + bench last two games.

Hasn't Embiid played with bench unit as well to some degree of success?
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#206 » by Dnt hate » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:40 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Dnt hate wrote:

I think it's incredibly dangerous to consider this stretch a "new and improved" Harris. It's far more probable that this is just a hot streak from a guy playing beyond his sustainable level.

Besides, are you ignoring the contractual aspect of the swap? We'd have a chance to get out of one of the worst contracts in the league for a far better scorer on an expiring!

Tobias is a better shooter and bigger, if we trade them for each other we're going to be stuck looking for another pf that would be so dumb
Dnt hate
Sixth Man

Post#207 » by Dnt hate » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:42 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Dnt hate wrote:

Derozan is overrated, your forgetting his struggles in the playoffs his whole career, I say let it ride this season everyone is improved with spacing and we look great not to mention a great defense which means we can beat anyone in a 7 game series
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,730

Post#208 » by 76thBearCub » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:25 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
sixers4real wrote:I am glad we are playing good, but the reality is, we are playing against worst NBA teams.

Last season this team was hard pressed to beat any bad teams on the road. So we have improved. And that ball movement. OMG...sometimes I rewind a play just to watch the ball movement. 2 positive signs.

I've only seen the 2 last games against Charlotte but they are doing a fantastic job of moving it to the open man in those 2. And you don't see guys hanging their head if a shot doesn't fall, because they know it was still a quality shot.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,464

Post#209 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:56 pm

76thBearCub wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

I've only seen the 2 last games against Charlotte but they are doing a fantastic job of moving it to the open man in those 2. And you don't see guys hanging their head if a shot doesn't fall, because they know it was still a quality shot.

The only game I have not seen good ball movement was the Cleveland game. The ball has really moved very well in the last 3 games. Like I said in my original post. There have been games where I stop watching the live action and rewind so I can go back and watch the ball movement even if they hit the shot or not. That never happened before.

Right now Shake Milton (who I have big hopes for) is in a minor slump, but if he ever gets his 3 point shot consistent he is going to be a problem for a lot of teams. He may not be the fastest but he has length to get to the hoop and if he gets the shot going watch out.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
aHealthy3
Rookie
And1: 301

Post#210 » by aHealthy3 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:20 pm

What about Lowry? Raptors falling fast in the east and he would fit nicely, Philly guy too obv. I'd certainly prefer him over DDR or Rose.
Sam Hinkie wrote:The illusion of control is an opiate, though.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#211 » by 76thBearCub » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:38 pm

Lowry would be freaking amazing if you can't get a reasonable deal for Harden.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#212 » by Kobblehead » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:57 pm

Dnt hate wrote:Tobias is a better shooter and bigger, if we trade them for each other we're going to be stuck looking for another pf that would be so dumb

So what? He's worse at everything else and couldn't dream of being able to score off the dribble as effortlessly as DeRozan can.

So you want to hang onto the worse player on a longterm megadeal because he's tall and can shoot? That seems incredibly irrational.

Derozan is a far more impactful basketball player for the playoffs and he's an expiring contract. Win win.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#213 » by Kobblehead » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:59 pm

aHealthy3 wrote:

What about Lowry? Raptors falling fast in the east and he would fit nicely, Philly guy too obv. I'd certainly prefer him over DDR or Rose.

I don't see it as feasible.

Lowry will be 35, we need to match his money through trade, we need to pay a lot of draft capital to convince the Raptors to deal him to a division rival.
Young22
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#214 » by Young22 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:59 pm

Black Mage wrote:
syntax wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:Didn't get to watch the game, but looking at the box score, how the hell is Ben only a +7 compared to the rest of the starting lineup that had +18 or more? Did Ben play extended minutes in garbage time?

When the starters first come out, it's been Ben + bench last two games.

Hasn't Embiid played with bench unit as well to some degree of success?

Ben was on the bench for the late 2nd qtr run. He played with the bench early 2nd qtr and subbed out when the staters returned.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,073

Post#215 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:08 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Dnt hate wrote:Tobias is a better shooter and bigger, if we trade them for each other we're going to be stuck looking for another pf that would be so dumb

So what? He's worse at everything else and couldn't dream of being able to score off the dribble as effortlessly as DeRozan can.

So you want to hang onto the worse player on a longterm megadeal because he's tall and can shoot? That seems incredibly irrational.

Derozan is a far more impactful basketball player for the playoffs and he's an expiring contract. Win win.

Spurs aren't doing this it would make no sense for them.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#216 » by 76thBearCub » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:23 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
aHealthy3 wrote:

I don't see it as feasible.

Lowry will be 35, we need to match his money through trade, we need to pay a lot of draft capital to convince the Raptors to deal him to a division rival.

What if they would do it for Green, Scott, Thybulle and this years 1st?
Dnt hate
Sixth Man

Post#217 » by Dnt hate » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:46 am

Kobblehead wrote:

What are you talking about, why are you overrating Derozan man he sucks, the only thing he beats Tobias on is a better contract, so for that reason fine, NOTHING ELSE HES A HORRIBLE FIT FOR US
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,201

Post#218 » by M2J » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:11 am

Dnt hate wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

What are you talking about, why are you overrating Derozan man he sucks, the only thing he beats Tobias on is a better contract, so for that reason fine, NOTHING ELSE HES A HORRIBLE FIT FOR US

I do see why you think hard about that trade. He'd basically be what Jimmy was offensively in theory. A true pick and roll playmaker and shot creator and shotmaker.

I worry about his 3pt shooting, and willingness to take them. He'd need to shoot at least 3, hopefully more.

But a lineup of:

Curry
Green
DeRozan
Simmons
Embiid

Could fit. Add Shake instead of Green, and it definitely works offensively.

Definitely worth exploring.

I haven't been super impressed by Morey. I think a lot of the moves made could've been made by anybody and were speculated moves by this board while Morey was still in Houston. I would be impressed by Morey if he could get an expiring DeRozan who wants to be traded or will leave for nothing for Danny Green, Maxey, Thybulle, filler and picks.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,725

Post#219 » by 76ciology » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:20 am

I posted something in the trade thread.

I think Green, 10M worth of expiring and a pick could get it done.

Tobias for Derozan is an upgrade but it wont move the needle.

But if we can trade expirings and a pick for Derozan then it may move the needle.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,201

Post#220 » by M2J » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:31 am

76ciology wrote:I posted something in the trade thread.

I think Green, 10M worth of expiring and a pick could get it done.

Tobias and Derozan is an upgrade but it wont move the needle.

But if we can trade expirings and a pick for Derozan then it may move the needle.

Yeah, that definitely moves the needle. He'd still need to shoot at least three 3pters. That's again because of Ben. But talent wise, the team would be maybe the best starting 5 in the league, and very similar to the Jimmy version of this team. The fit issue would come into play with him and Ben, but.... worth it

Return to Philadelphia 76ers