ImageImageImage

G7: 01/04/21 Hornets @ Sixers 7pm ET

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Re: G7: 01/04/21 Hornets @ Sixers 7pm ET 

Post#221 » by Black Mage » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:14 am

76ciology wrote:I posted something in the trade thread.

I think Green, 10M worth of expiring and a pick could get it done.

Tobias for Derozan is an upgrade but it wont move the needle.

But if we can trade expirings and a pick for Derozan then it may move the needle.

Strongly disagree on Derozan. The guy is a turnstile on defense. I think with the way Doc seems to have reached Tobias that's a big step down for us.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#222 » by Dnt hate » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:39 am

M2J wrote:
Dnt hate wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
So what? He's worse at everything else and couldn't dream of being able to score off the dribble as effortlessly as DeRozan can.

So you want to hang onto the worse player on a longterm megadeal because he's tall and can shoot? That seems incredibly irrational.

Derozan is a far more impactful basketball player for the playoffs and he's an expiring contract. Win win.

What are you talking about, why are you overrating Derozan man he sucks, the only thing he beats Tobias on is a better contract, so for that reason fine, NOTHING ELSE HES A HORRIBLE FIT FOR US

I do see why you think hard about that trade. He'd basically be what Jimmy was offensively in theory. A true pick and roll playmaker and shot creator and shotmaker.

I worry about his 3pt shooting, and willingness to take them. He'd need to shoot at least 3, hopefully more.

But a lineup of:

Curry
Green
DeRozan
Simmons
Embiid

Could fit. Add Shake instead of Green, and it definitely works offensively.

Definitely worth exploring.

I haven't been super impressed by Morey. I think a lot of the moves made could've been made by anybody and were speculated moves by this board while Morey was still in Houston. I would be impressed by Morey if he could get an expiring DeRozan who wants to be traded or will leave for nothing for Danny Green, Maxey, Thybulle, filler and picks.

I did not see anyone mention bringing in Seth, Danny, or Dwight so I don't know what your talking about, Morey has been super impressive
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#223 » by Dnt hate » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:45 am

M2J wrote:
Dnt hate wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
So what? He's worse at everything else and couldn't dream of being able to score off the dribble as effortlessly as DeRozan can.

So you want to hang onto the worse player on a longterm megadeal because he's tall and can shoot? That seems incredibly irrational.

Derozan is a far more impactful basketball player for the playoffs and he's an expiring contract. Win win.

What are you talking about, why are you overrating Derozan man he sucks, the only thing he beats Tobias on is a better contract, so for that reason fine, NOTHING ELSE HES A HORRIBLE FIT FOR US

I do see why you think hard about that trade. He'd basically be what Jimmy was offensively in theory. A true pick and roll playmaker and shot creator and shotmaker.

I worry about his 3pt shooting, and willingness to take them. He'd need to shoot at least 3, hopefully more.

But a lineup of:

Curry
Green
DeRozan
Simmons
Embiid

Could fit. Add Shake instead of Green, and it definitely works offensively.

Definitely worth exploring.

I haven't been super impressed by Morey. I think a lot of the moves made could've been made by anybody and were speculated moves by this board while Morey was still in Houston. I would be impressed by Morey if he could get an expiring DeRozan who wants to be traded or will leave for nothing for Danny Green, Maxey, Thybulle, filler and picks.

Go look at Derozans fg % and 3pt fg % in the playoffs in Toronto, the eye test showed how bad he was

Return to Philadelphia 76ers