ImageImageImage

Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 5,141

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#221 » by Sixersftw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:37 pm

I'm so glad the players recognize what utter bull this is.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,972

Post#222 » by sixers hoops » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:20 pm

76ciology wrote:I only watch one sport, Basketball. And only the Nba.

May I ask are there any casualties of Covid in other sports in america, amateur and professional leagues.

I don’t think they are going to see many casualties, but I think they have pressure not to actively spread the virus all over the country, so I see why they have to have strict quarantining requirements. In addition, most players are going to go home, and in some cases to elderly family members. So all the major sports are enforcing basic common sense measures to keep the spread to a minimum.

I don’t think they are using basic commonsense logic when deciding which games to cancel.

Major League Baseball made horrible mistakes back in July. The NFL had a team play without a quarterback, which is worse than the Sixers only having one ballhandler. In American football, it’s not recommended to play more than one game in seven days, but they had Pittsburgh play three games in 12 days. The NBA forced the Sixers to play with seven, and I believe three or four of which had never played competitive NBA minutes. It’s a pandemic, they don’t have to stick to the original schedule in some of these very poor decisions. They can just extend the season by a week or two. Ultimately, all of the sports policies have been similar I think.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 14,367

Post#223 » by 76ciology » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:57 am

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:I only watch one sport, Basketball. And only the Nba.

May I ask are there any casualties of Covid in other sports in america, amateur and professional leagues.

I don’t think they are going to see many casualties, but I think they have pressure not to actively spread the virus all over the country, so I see why they have to have strict quarantining requirements. In addition, most players are going to go home, and in some cases to elderly family members. So all the major sports are enforcing basic common sense measures to keep the spread to a minimum.

I don’t think they are using basic commonsense logic when deciding which games to cancel.

Major League Baseball made horrible mistakes back in July. The NFL had a team play without a quarterback, which is worse than the Sixers only having one ballhandler. In American football, it’s not recommended to play more than one game in seven days, but they had Pittsburgh play three games in 12 days. The NBA forced the Sixers to play with seven, and I believe three or four of which had never played competitive NBA minutes. It’s a pandemic, they don’t have to stick to the original schedule in some of these very poor decisions. They can just extend the season by a week or two. Ultimately, all of the sports policies have been similar I think.

How do they deal during the important part of the season, like in the playoffs? Do they force teams to play despite with the handicap in number of players on the bench?

I’d guess they’re going to treat it like some injury and continue with it. But that’s going to ruin it for me, being a basketball fan first over anything.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
mithrandir17
Starter
And1: 1,153

Post#224 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 am

Is the quarantine days for Tobias, Shake and Matisse already over by tomorrow's game? Can they play?
ivysixer2000
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,346

Post#225 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:Is the quarantine days for Tobias, Shake and Matisse already over by tomorrow's game? Can they play?

All 3 were participates in the shootaround today, so we should expect for them to play tonight.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers