ImageImageImage

Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

shakes0
Starter
Posts: 2,293
And1: 2,592
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#181 » by shakes0 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:26 pm

Negrodamus wrote:If they play tonight and Embiid plays, I am here for him and Maxey scoring 30+ points each.




have you seen our defense? You should set the bar at 40+ for each.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 45,774
And1: 10,022
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#182 » by Stanford » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter


cool
Image
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 15,359
And1: 6,345
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#183 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:54 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:If they play tonight and Embiid plays, I am here for him and Maxey scoring 30+ points each.




have you seen our defense? You should set the bar at 40+ for each.


Embiid I could see 40. If Maxey can do the same as he did against the Nuggets on similar percentages and win, then we need to go ahead and trade Ben and start Maxey.
6ers83
Senior
Posts: 500
And1: 178
Joined: Jul 14, 2020
 

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#184 » by 6ers83 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:03 pm

Stanford wrote:
Read on Twitter


cool


WTF

I don’t understand why the 76ers are not doing the same thing it’s not that difficult make up some **** injuries
6ers83
Senior
Posts: 500
And1: 178
Joined: Jul 14, 2020
 

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#185 » by 6ers83 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:06 pm

Boston game Tomorrow postponed as well. Come on what the **** are we doing make up some injuries we should not be playing these games. So
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,846
And1: 1,650
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#186 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:13 pm

6ers83 wrote:
Stanford wrote:
Read on Twitter


cool


WTF

I don’t understand why the 76ers are not doing the same thing it’s not that difficult make up some **** injuries


Mavs don't have 8 players because of Covid protocol. They have even put KP back in team. It looks they're almost all quarantined.
mithrandir17
Starter
Posts: 2,185
And1: 1,180
Joined: Jan 30, 2017
 

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#187 » by mithrandir17 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:18 pm

The league should just have a week or two break if this continues. What is the point of playing these games if it is just going to be like summer league games for a lot of teams.
6ers83
Senior
Posts: 500
And1: 178
Joined: Jul 14, 2020
 

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#188 » by 6ers83 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:23 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:The league should just have a week or two break if this continues. What is the point of playing these games if it is just going to be like summer league games for a lot of teams.


Last spring one guy catches it and it’s shut down - now it’s running wild through the NBA and Adam silver is Saying plow on . Turns out he’s nothing but a phony.
6ers83
Senior
Posts: 500
And1: 178
Joined: Jul 14, 2020
 

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#189 » by 6ers83 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:29 pm

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
kriss73
Veteran
Posts: 2,575
And1: 1,413
Joined: Jul 25, 2015
       

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#190 » by kriss73 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:30 pm

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


What's that english word starting with F and ending with K?
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 45,774
And1: 10,022
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#191 » by Stanford » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:36 pm

kriss73 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Certainly time to punish the Sixers, for sure.
Image
kriss73
Veteran
Posts: 2,575
And1: 1,413
Joined: Jul 25, 2015
       

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#192 » by kriss73 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:36 pm

Moreover: are we the only NBA team to play with 7/8 players?
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
6ers83
Senior
Posts: 500
And1: 178
Joined: Jul 14, 2020
 

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#193 » by 6ers83 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:40 pm

Stanford wrote:
kriss73 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Certainly time to punish the Sixers, for sure.


Seriously what in the hell is going on here it’s obvious the league is sticking it to the Philadelphia 76ers
mithrandir17
Starter
Posts: 2,185
And1: 1,180
Joined: Jan 30, 2017
 

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#194 » by mithrandir17 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:54 pm

Read on Twitter


Because if Ben was on the injured list prior to the game, they would have cleared another sixer in his place???
mithrandir17
Starter
Posts: 2,185
And1: 1,180
Joined: Jan 30, 2017
 

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#195 » by mithrandir17 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:57 pm

Maybe they should have just gone the Kyrie route and told the press that the sixers doesn't know why Ben is not playing.
kriss73
Veteran
Posts: 2,575
And1: 1,413
Joined: Jul 25, 2015
       

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#196 » by kriss73 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:01 pm

If I'm the Sixers brass, I'm going to tell all players to be fouled out in the first quarter and to show all the world what a joke is this situation.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
User avatar
Da Doctor
Senior
Posts: 585
And1: 697
Joined: May 21, 2014
       

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#197 » by Da Doctor » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:09 pm

Adam Silver will get the Santa Claus treatment anytime he shows his face in this city.
Philadelphia 76ers: 1955, 1967, 1983
Philadelphia Eagles: 1948, 1949, 1960, 2017
Philadelphia Phillies: 1980, 2008
Philadelphia Flyers: 1974, 1975
XtremeDunkz
Head Coach
Posts: 6,420
And1: 4,423
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
       

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#198 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 pm

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. This is clearly the sixers fault. Some of you want to be victims so badly. The sixers weren't wronged by the league.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
User avatar
stormi
Starter
Posts: 2,435
And1: 1,729
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: phoebe bridgers instagram comments
     

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#199 » by stormi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:29 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. This is clearly the sixers fault. Some of you want to be victims so badly. The sixers weren't wronged by the league.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


I think the outrage is coming from speculation that there wasn't a postponement option for the Sixers like there were for the Rockets before us and the teams afterwards that have also suffered outbreaks. It was dress eight in time for tipoff or forfeit, and so the Sixers put up an injured Mike Scott with zero intention of him ever seeing the floor.
XtremeDunkz
Head Coach
Posts: 6,420
And1: 4,423
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
       

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#200 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:40 pm

stormi wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. This is clearly the sixers fault. Some of you want to be victims so badly. The sixers weren't wronged by the league.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


I think the outrage is coming from speculation that there wasn't a postponement option for the Sixers like there were for the Rockets before us and the teams afterwards that have also suffered outbreaks. It was dress eight in time for tipoff or forfeit, and so the Sixers put up an injured Mike Scott with zero intention of him ever seeing the floor.
Because the 76ers did not put either of Joel or Ben on the injury report. They were listed as healthy and cleared from covid.

It was not until the Sixers put both of them on injury report at the last second, basically trying to force the league to postpone the game, that they were forced to dress Scott. Again, their own fault.

With Embiid and Simmons clear they had 9 players. After choosing to list them out they were at 7 which is what caused Scott to dress.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers