ImageImageImage

So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and rumors

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

What is the pivot now that Harden is gone? Votes can be changed

Beal
33%
Lavine
25%
Smaller moves around the edges
42%

Total votes: 97

DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Re: So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and rumors 

Post#1881 » by DCasey91 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:31 pm

If Bouknight is still on the draft board outside of the top 8 I wouldn’t hesitant to expend two assets (Maxey + pick) for him if we have no chance at getting a star. Protoypical two guard

Jamal Murray 2.0 vibes from him.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Re: So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and rumors 

Post#1882 » by Eyeamok » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:06 pm

DCasey91 wrote:If Bouknight is still on the draft board outside of the top 8 I wouldn’t hesitant to expend two assets (Maxey + pick) for him if we have no chance at getting a star. Protoypical two guard

Jamal Murray 2.0 vibes from him.

wait you want to trade the 28th pick and last years 21st pick (a guy who is still finding his way around the NBA) for someone in the top 10 of this upcoming draft?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,535

Post#1883 » by 76ciology » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:18 pm

^Or just get Coby White or Garland? I think both guys wont be as expensive?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,804

Post#1884 » by Negrodamus » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:04 pm

76ciology wrote:^Or just get Coby White or Garland? I think both guys wont be as expensive?

Why would the Bulls or Cavs do that?

Maybe my valuation is off. I'm seeing people on Twitter saying that PJ Tucker is going to be traded for Dinwiddie, Bol Bol, Tyler Herro (lol), Kevin Knox, etc. Meanwhile I'm expecting him to be bought out.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#1885 » by Sixerscan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:11 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:^Or just get Coby White or Garland? I think both guys wont be as expensive?

Maybe my valuation is off. I'm seeing people on Twitter saying that PJ Tucker is going to be traded for Dinwiddie, Bol Bol, Tyler Herro (lol), Kevin Knox, etc. Meanwhile I'm expecting him to be bought out.

I don’t know why any of these teams would do most of the trades that are brought up.

I would love to see the look on Embiid’s face when someone told him in the middle of an mvp campaign when he’s dragged the roster to the top spot in the conference they used big trade assets to get some 20 year old that’s never played in a playoff game.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#1886 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:53 pm

Is it possible to get Porzingis? He's on the trade block apparently and would be a much better fit than some of the names being talked abour imo.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#1887 » by Eyeamok » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:11 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:Is it possible to get Porzingis? He's on the trade block apparently and would be a much better fit than some of the names being talked abour imo.

I don't think his agent will let him come here :D

Marlo
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,033

Post#1888 » by ivysixer2000 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:11 pm

If our big move this season is PJ Tucker....can't say that would cause some parade.

If we can't make a real big move, I would rather stay pat at this point than do something that doesn't even move the needle at all.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#1889 » by sixers4real » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:15 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:If our big move this season is PJ Tucker....can't say that would cause some parade.

If we can't make a real big move, I would rather stay pat at this point than do something that doesn't even move the needle at all.

Morey is not giving up assets for something insignificant
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#1890 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:12 am

Eyeamok wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:Is it possible to get Porzingis? He's on the trade block apparently and would be a much better fit than some of the names being talked abour imo.

His agent wouldn't want him to join a title contender? You sure? :D
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1891 » by LloydFree » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:42 am

Negrodamus wrote:

The Heat aren't trading Herro for him, but I could see PJ Tucker being traded for Bol Bol. The Nuggets need defense. Tucker is one of the few players who can guard every front court position.

The 76ers are a natural match, not only because of Morey, but because the 76ers' trade exception matches up with Tucker's salary. They can probably get him for less, because the Rockets won't have to take back any salary.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#1892 » by Eyeamok » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:05 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

His agent wouldn't want him to join a title contender? You sure? :D

And this is why I would not make a good GM. Out of respect for Hinkie even if Porzingis wanted to come here I would decline.

Marlo
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#1893 » by kuclas » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:19 am

I doubt we make a major move at the trade deadline. I don’t see Lowry getting brought out and raptors asking price likely thybulle or a future first. Simply not worth it for an expiring Lowry.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1894 » by LloydFree » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:15 am

As long as they don't trade any of the big 3, Shake Milton, Thybulle, Reed, or any non-2021 picks, I'm good. The rest of the roster and the '21 picks, should all be up for grabs.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#1895 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:05 pm

The biggest trade I'm willing to make is Green + Maxey + NYK 2nd for Oladipo. Otherwise, we need to save our ammo for the next available star.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#1896 » by Kobblehead » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:41 pm

These days, Oladipo is embodying the worst aspects of Westbrook's game. I just don't see the current appeal in him.

Maxey is going to be an ace contributor for us in the next 2-4 years. Green is a fantastic piece for our current playoff run.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#1897 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:50 am

Acquire Olidipo and Tucker for danny green , Scott, ferguson , Korkmaz, Porier and 1frps

Adding Olidipo who is a two way player,athletic , can play off ball, good size vesatilty and shot creation would be huge.

Resigning 30 mil per is worth it.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,196

Post#1898 » by eyeatoma » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:52 am

Kobblehead wrote:These days, Oladipo is embodying the worst aspects of Westbrook's game. I just don't see the current appeal in him.

Maxey is going to be an ace contributor for us in the next 2-4 years. Green is a fantastic piece for our current playoff run.

It's funny because we were pretty down on Maxey defensively, and offensively, I'm not sure what your prediction was. Just don't think it was good enough to not trade him.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1899 » by DCasey91 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:33 am

If I was to keep one youngster it would definitely be Maxey 100%. Highest ceiling and the youngest as well. Would like to add another one with his typical profile (more skilled/talent) in this years draft which is a stone cold stunner. Then you have two legit ones to go from there. It’s how you circumvent the cap

Milton has a value laden contract and Thybulle’s defense both garner attention from other clubs.
But both are way more developed/older.

Boogie bougknight would suck to trade Maxey as it’s like a doubling down effect which isn’t good but if there was a way to have both (I.e Thybulle/Milton) I’d be very tempted at him.

I can only see three legit pivot strategy’s here.

1. Go for broke this year or better yet Get Oladipo without giving up Maxey.

2. Go for the highest end talent in the draft (no drafting for fit in my books here)

3. Accumulate then trade for the established key piece
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1900 » by DCasey91 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:27 am

Big hypothetical but would you trade

Maxey, Thybulle, Milton and our next two first rounders for the pick to get Jalen Green on draft night if he was still on the board after 2#? Ala Mavericks.

Lord have mercy on the league when he fills out and hits his ceiling/potential.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers