ImageImageImage

So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and rumors

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

What is the pivot now that Harden is gone? Votes can be changed

Beal
33%
Lavine
25%
Smaller moves around the edges
42%

Total votes: 97

Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Re: So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and rumors 

Post#1941 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:48 am

mithrandir17 wrote:MIL just trades its FRP like it means nothing. You cant expect Morey to match that. Tucker does not deserve to be traded for a FRP no matter how late it is.

This, it also could mean Morey is keeping a pick like that or his assets for something bigger in the coming week, even if he didn’t think this was an overpay
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Re: So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and rumors 

Post#1942 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:21 am

Embarrassing trade by Milwaukee. Probably would have been bought out and had for free.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1943 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:27 am

Does Lowry/Curry/Simmons/Harris/Embiid with a bench of Howard/Kork/Thybulle/Milton actually go to the Finals and win?

I'm not 100% sold.

I still think the bench needs another upgrade. Milton is fine and all, but he's struggling this year and is being asked to do too much, and not the right things either.

I also think the trade market is going to be rough. Overpay for a chance to win a ring, but you better be damn sure the moves you make take the team closer to that goal.

If you waste an MVP season from your 26 year old with an injury history, you better be prepared to shake things up in the off-season.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
sixerguy
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#1944 » by sixerguy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:40 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Embarrassing trade by Milwaukee. Probably would have been bought out and had for free.

Sometimes I think competing teams sign players NOT because they need them but because they know their rivals want them. Milwaukee's done this the past 2-3 years with the Sixers, for example:

Ersan Ilysova
Kyle Korver
George Hill
DJ Augustin
PJ Tucker

They lured these guys away from the Sixers, most likely overpaid, but they never really utilized any of them as the Sixers would have, which leads me to believe they're just signing them in spite of the Sixers.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#1945 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Kind of relieved we didn't acquire PJ who's barely an upgrade over Mike Scott at this point in his career. We're better off pursuing clear cut upgrades or throwing Bball Paul into the ring.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#1946 » by Stanford » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:14 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Embarrassing trade by Milwaukee. Probably would have been bought out and had for free.

By the Bucks though? Seems like dudes are going to LA and Brooklyn
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#1947 » by sixers hoops » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:27 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:MIL just trades its FRP like it means nothing. You cant expect Morey to match that. Tucker does not deserve to be traded for a FRP no matter how late it is.

And then, if I understand correctly, swap rights in future for Houston 2nd for Milwaukee 1st. Not devastating, but some icing on the cake for Houston.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#1948 » by sixers hoops » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:49 pm

Negrodamus wrote:With the way Thybulle is playing, I think it’s time to trade Danny. Him and Maxey would be a good foundation for a legit vet.

Yeah. Depends on the deal. Even if Thybulle wasnt playing well, I’d trade Danny and Maxey for the right long-term fit. I’ve yet to see a realistic trade that makes a ton of sense.

Lowry- rental vet not worth it without an extension. Not giving up on a career of Maxey for a few months of Lowry, because I am not confident he makes enough of a difference.

Beal- don’t have enough to get him without Simmons.

Lavine- don’t see it as realistic.

Rozier- don’t see him getting moved for anything reasonable.

DeRozan- not sure about his fit or our interest. I don’t have a strong opinion regarding his potential fit.

Ball- playing really well. Again, I would rather get someone on a longer term deal so I know it’s not a rental.

Not trying to overvalue Maxey, but I’d rather not trade him if we are going to acquire a player that will help us lose in the conference finals by six games instead of four or five, then leave via free agency. Then we go into next season with an even weaker roster without Maxey as a contributor or trade piece.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#1949 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:15 pm

sixers hoops wrote:

And then, if I understand correctly, swap rights in future for Houston 2nd for Milwaukee 1st. Not devastating, but some icing on the cake for Houston.

If I understand the trade correctly, Houston has rights to swap MIL 1st for HOU 2nd in 2021 and HOU also gets MIL 2023 1st.

EDIT: Although MIL gets its 2022 1st back. Essentially, MIL traded their 2021 1st for HOU 2021 2nd and moved back the 2022 1st they owed to 2023.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#1950 » by Negrodamus » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:43 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:With the way Thybulle is playing, I think it’s time to trade Danny. Him and Maxey would be a good foundation for a legit vet.

Yeah. Depends on the deal. Even if Thybulle wasnt playing well, I’d trade Danny and Maxey for the right long-term fit. I’ve yet to see a realistic trade that makes a ton of sense.

Lowry- rental vet not worth it without an extension. Not giving up on a career of Maxey for a few months of Lowry, because I am not confident he makes enough of a difference.

Beal- don’t have enough to get him without Simmons.

Lavine- don’t see it as realistic.

Rozier- don’t see him getting moved for anything reasonable.

DeRozan- not sure about his fit or our interest. I don’t have a strong opinion regarding his potential fit.

Ball- playing really well. Again, I would rather get someone on a longer term deal so I know it’s not a rental.

Not trying to overvalue Maxey, but I’d rather not trade him if we are going to acquire a player that will help us lose in the conference finals by six games instead of four or five, then leave via free agency. Then we go into next season with an even weaker roster without Maxey as a contributor or trade piece.

There's obviously one guy I like more than the rest on this list. Otherwise, I like Ball as an option, but he doesn't really solve the issue when the offense has stagnated, particularly at the end of games.

I felt yesterday was a great representation of what we could do defensively (held one of the best teams to 93 points though 4 qtrs). Now imagine if we could have another efficient scorer that can put the pressure on their defense without giving too many points up on defense.

DeRozan just feels like that guy.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#1951 » by Sixerscan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:11 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

If I understand the trade correctly, Houston has rights to swap MIL 1st for HOU 2nd in 2021 and HOU also gets MIL 2023 1st.

EDIT: Although MIL gets its 2022 1st back. Essentially, MIL traded their 2021 1st for HOU 2021 2nd and moved back the 2022 1st they owed to 2023.

Yeah this is a pretty light return actually. Houston moves up like 5-7 spots from the early 2nd to late first round in this years draft and then gets a first a year later than they otherwise would (which could be good or bad - I think the bucks wanted to do this for stepien reasons). I guess Augustin has some value we’ll see what he gets flipped for.

It’s flashy because first round picks are involved but value-wise I don’t think it’s much more than 2-3 mediocre 2nd rounders.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#1952 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:44 pm

Milwaukee is desperately trying to keep Giannis happy and I like them getting PJ Tucker. I don't he'll do much for them, but he gives them even more depth off the bench. We can't worry about what the next man is doing though. Brooklyn signed Griffin and right away I wanted to throw a fit about it, but Griffins impact for them will be minimal when you put him in there with the rest of those guys. Nobody on that team plays defense and they may not have to, but I still have my doubts about that team.
Unless we just cave in down the stretch, I think we're looking at finishing as a top three seed in the east. We just have to play our game and not worry about these other teams. Keep this in mind....Other teams have to stop Joel Embiid and nobody has been able to do that outside of injuring him. Regardless of who we add, this team is still going through Embiid, Simmons, and Harris. I think at this point, if we make any moves or additions, they will be relatively small. I think this team is very high on Maxey and we aren't just going to give him away. He has a bright future in this league as do Thybulle, and Shake. I say we give them the minutes, let them learn on the job in battle and internal growth will lead the way.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#1953 » by Negrodamus » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/m7y8tx/wojnarowski_kyle_lowry_and_normal_powell_are/

Gotta think he's pushing Masai to trade him here. I imagine the negotiations might be tough, however.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#1954 » by Sixersftw » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:36 pm

Negrodamus wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/m7y8tx/wojnarowski_kyle_lowry_and_normal_powell_are/

Gotta think he's pushing Masai to trade him here. I imagine the negotiations might be tough, however.

I can't see a contender beating Maxey, Green and pick(s). Particularly if they are letting Kyle choose his spot. LA has nothing and the Heat aren't putting Herro in a trade. Bring our thicc boy home.

Also the Leonard trade makes salary tough for the Heat.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1955 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:33 pm

Read somewhere that Toronto might prefer 2 future protected 1sts over Maxey.
Sixersftw wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/m7y8tx/wojnarowski_kyle_lowry_and_normal_powell_are/

I can't see a contender beating Maxey, Green and pick(s). Particularly if they are letting Kyle choose his spot. LA has nothing and the Heat aren't putting Herro in a trade. Bring our thicc boy home.

Also the Leonard trade makes salary tough for the Heat.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,116

Post#1956 » by M2J » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:29 am

I think for this team and their cap situation. Kyle is worth it.

The only player that possibly could be out there, that could be had without Simmons is Lavine... And I don't see that happening.

Lowry is playing about as well as ever, and should continue that into next year. The window is Embiids deal, and he could be ready to ask out after next year.

With somewhat decent depth, and Ben, Joel, Tobias, Kyle all at all star levels.... Joel at MVP level. The gravity of Curry, and this should be the best team in the East at least... With only the Lakers 2 superstars and their depth probably being better. Mainly because you can't trust Joel as much as LeBron, but LeBron is not immune to clunkers

Pay Kyle 25 to 30 million for 2 years. That's the window.

The process is over Philly fans, it's a short window to win now. if you can't win with that supporting cast. Joel and Ben should be broken up. I would say it's time to trade either one of them this off season.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#1957 » by eyeatoma » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:40 am

If we could get Powell and Lowry, I would give up Shake and Maxey. Not Thybulle still, but Shake, Green, Maxey, 2 firsts.

That would really beef up our bench and give us a starting PG.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Post#1958 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:59 am

The salary matching for Lowry is obnoxiously difficult. I'm sure they'd want Maxey and/or a 1st, but that's just a lot to give up for him.

Green/Scott/Ferguson/1st works in the trade checker. We could then use the TPE + 2nd for Bjelica and activate Reed to the roster.

Lowry(32)/Milton(16)
Curry(30)/Thybulle(10)/Milton(8)
Simmons(34)/Thybulle(14)
Harris(34)/Bjelica(14)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

Lowry/Milton/Maxey
Curry/Korkmaz/Joe
Simmons/Thybulle
Harris/Bjelica/Reed
Embiid/Howard/Bradley/Poirer
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#1959 » by eyeatoma » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:26 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:The salary matching for Lowry is obnoxiously difficult. I'm sure they'd want Maxey and/or a 1st, but that's just a lot to give up for him.

Green/Scott/Ferguson/1st works in the trade checker. We could then use the TPE + 2nd for Bjelica and activate Reed to the active roster.

Lowry(32)/Milton(16)
Curry(30)/Thybulle(10)/Milton(8)
Simmons(34)/Thybulle(14)
Harris(34)/Bjelica(14)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

Lowry/Milton/Maxey
Curry/Korkmaz/Joe
Simmons/Thybulle
Harris/Bjelica/Reed
Embiid/Howard/Bradley/Poirer

The trade checker allows picks?
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#1960 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:03 am

Lonzo is pushing to escape No might be a good time to pounce

Return to Philadelphia 76ers