ImageImageImage

Game 41 : Philadelphia 76ers (28-12) vs Milwaukee Bucks (25-14) l Wednesday l 7pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,753

Re: Game 41 : Philadelphia 76ers (28-12) vs Milwaukee Bucks (25-14) l Wednesday l 7pm 

Post#301 » by phillynative » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:04 am

I wonder how Embiid feels about Giannis sitting on his floor. Should that be instigated ? lol
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Re: Game 41 : Philadelphia 76ers (28-12) vs Milwaukee Bucks (25-14) l Wednesday l 7pm 

Post#302 » by Sixerscan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:04 am

Really had a chance to steal one, tough.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,077

Post#303 » by Murray_17 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:06 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:
Ahhh I've been waiting for Ben to come out at the beginning of one season and just start shooting them, but it sure has taken longer than I thought it would.

I think he really thinks he should be shooting 40% from 3 in order to even shoot them for some reason.

I mean, he doesn't even take midrange shoots, he even stoped doing that stupid hard fadeaways he tried on late possessions.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#304 » by kuclas » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:08 am

Bucks played horrible for 3/4 of the game. This was a winnable game. Sucks.

I am sticking with my prediction sixers got 3-6 or 4-5 the 9’plus games Embiid is gonna to miss.

We are 2-1 so far.

I’m just afraid we will fall to 3rd easy by the time Embiid gets back with Miami closing in on the 3rd seed now they are healthy.

We need home court. We are just a different team at home. This game is over with Embiid by the 3rd quarter with the way the bucks were playing.

Now curry seems hurt. Milton is not playing well.

I’m hoping for the best. Knowing sixers management and looking at their schedule.

I put Embiid return. Around 04/14. A bone bruise especially for a guy that big is not a 2 week injury return it’s 4 weeks. Just to play it safe.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 721

Post#305 » by AI_Efficiency » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:08 am

Murray_17 wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:Mike Scott was 0-5 from 3, Thybulle 0-2, Seth 2-8, Tobi 1-4. Always going to hard to win when you shoot like that.

The Bucks Shoot worse than that, i don't think is an excuse this time.

Without Embiid this team is limited offensively, it's the reality. We also saw part of what it's gonna happen to Ben when Teams clog the paint on the Playoffs.

Team was super tired too

Yea, I think the tired part was a factor in our shooting. The bucks shot worse from three, but actually finished with a better FG% overall and we’re a great defensive team so we usually expect to stifle other team’s offenses. I don’t think we should expect a guy like Mike scott or Seth curry to go a combined 2-13. Or at least they can’t do that if we want to win a ring. Their primary role is to make those shots.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#306 » by phillynative » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:10 am

DCasey91 wrote:
phillynative wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Hot take but the majority of NBA players aren’t the sharpest iq individuals I’ve seen. Some are just straight dumb

Isnt that the stereotype for athletes in general though? Why single out basketball players.

Coming from a cricketing/baseball/chess background it’s quite the opposite actually. Nature of the games but generally speaking it’s very self aware/introspection is high. Cricketers had the highest iq recorded in team sports. It’s true when you spends months on end by yourself/form wise on the field. The philosophy side of things is magnitudes greater.

Your opinion
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,077

Post#307 » by Murray_17 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:11 am

AI_Efficiency wrote:Yea, I think the tired part was a factor in our shooting. The bucks shot worse from three, but actually finished with a better FG% overall and we’re a great defensive team so we usually expect to stifle other team’s offenses. I don’t think we should expect a guy like Mike scott or Seth curry to go a combined 2-13. Or at least they can’t do that if we want to win a ring. Their primary role is to make those shots.

Tbf, current Mike Scott shouldn't even be taken 5 shoots from 3 unless he's on fire or something. That stretch where he took like 3 shoots in a row was crucial on this lose. Doc insisting on keeping him on the floor and playing small was super stupid too
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 721

Post#308 » by AI_Efficiency » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:13 am

Murray_17 wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:Yea, I think the tired part was a factor in our shooting. The bucks shot worse from three, but actually finished with a better FG% overall and we’re a great defensive team so we usually expect to stifle other team’s offenses. I don’t think we should expect a guy like Mike scott or Seth curry to go a combined 2-13. Or at least they can’t do that if we want to win a ring. Their primary role is to make those shots.

Tbf, current Mike Scott shouldn't even be taken 5 shoots from 3 unless he's on fire or something. That stretch where he took like 3 shoots in a row was crucial on this lose. Doc insisting on keeping him on the floor and playing small was super stupid too

Haha fair enough. Yea you would have hoped at least one of those would have gone down.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#309 » by Stanford » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:16 am

DCasey91 wrote:
phillynative wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Hot take but the majority of NBA players aren’t the sharpest iq individuals I’ve seen. Some are just straight dumb

Isnt that the stereotype for athletes in general though? Why single out basketball players.

Coming from a cricketing/baseball/chess background it’s quite the opposite actually. Nature of the games but generally speaking it’s very self aware/introspection is high. Cricketers had the highest iq recorded in team sports. It’s true when you spends months on end by yourself/form wise on the field. The philosophy side of things is magnitudes greater.

Did you take those measurements with calipers, or...
phillynative
General Manager

Post#310 » by phillynative » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:16 am

Murray_17 wrote:One thing i can say for sure, i thought our bench was bad. Oh boy the Bucks bench is straight trash

I was going to say bucks had two significant bench pieces traded very recently in DJ Augustine and DJ Wilson. After looking at their stats for the season maybe significant is not the best word choice.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,424

Post#311 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:17 am

Totally agree with everyone discounting the poor finish because of the schedule. It's just a little hard to swallow because it was so winnable and Curry turning his ankle makes it even worse. It does drive me crazy to see Ben nail that 3 so casually. It's so clearly a mental thing because he'll swish a late clock 3 like that but miss by a foot when he has time to line it up and think about it.

I know the Bucks won the game but I'd honestly be more worried if I were them coming out of that game. I have no idea why their late game offense is still Giannis at the top while Jrue & Middleton sit in the corners. The fact that the game was so close and Philly played such great D without their MVP & perennial DPOY candidate is a bad look for them.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,040

Post#312 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:20 am

Murray_17 wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
Ahhh I've been waiting for Ben to come out at the beginning of one season and just start shooting them, but it sure has taken longer than I thought it would.

I think he really thinks he should be shooting 40% from 3 in order to even shoot them for some reason.

I mean, he doesn't even take midrange shoots, he even stoped doing that stupid hard fadeaways he tried on late possessions.

Yeah he seems to be more concentrated on his post game at the moment, he was off tonight with it but he needs to be consistently aggressive.....course we been saying that like a broken record for like forever now.
notericjr
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#313 » by notericjr » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:37 am

i pretty much gave up caring about bens 3 pt shot towards the end of last season because he started to look a lot more serviceable offensively with what he was doing but when he hits them so casually like that it actually kinda makes me mad watching

when we pretty much bricked all 10 of our last 11 possessions in the 4th, why not run a set that forces ben to take a wide open 3? what could it hurt? does the team really hang their heads on ben shooting a couple 3s a night? a wide open 3 from ben seems like a higher pct shot to me than a contested 2 deep in the 4th when our guys are super tired because it's their 5th game in 7 days for instance...
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,689

Re: Game 41 : Philadelphia 76ers (28-12) vs Milwaukee Bucks (25-14) l Wednesday l 7pmhttps://twitter.com/kyleneubeck/sta 

Post#314 » by stormi » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:39 am

Read on Twitter

Philadelphia legend already
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#315 » by rzzzzz » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:42 am

Stanford wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Phrenology has got to be the great lost developmental science.

I don’t think I’ve heard a better spoken athlete than Kareem. (Though Old Joseph Campbell was apparently a record hold in the half mile before going onto Hero of a Thousand Faces and Star Wars.)
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#316 » by DCasey91 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:22 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Ben per say is not the horse you want to back as an analogy. Long term I wouldn’t hold onto a player that directly caps off his own ceiling. Always like him always will but what happens when his athleticism goes?

He’s shown glimpses late last year and a short stretch this year. At bare minimum he should be a 20/8/8 guy or just under but even that is a stretch.
His rookie year he took more jumpers then his next two. Should have been a clear indicator then.

I do not see a reason as to why he isn’t a low 32% 3 point shooter on about 3 attempts per game. He has a more natural stroke than Giannis. But at least Giannis tries.

The trouble with both is that Ben is more naturally skilled but doesn’t even attempt it whereas Giannis does but for me there’s about 30 players that are more skilled than Giannis basketball wise.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#317 » by DCasey91 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:27 am

rzzzzz wrote:
Stanford wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

I don’t think I’ve heard a better spoken athlete than Kareem. (Though Old Joseph Campbell was apparently a record hold in the half mile before going onto Hero of a Thousand Faces and Star Wars.)

At the top tier Paul, LBJ, Bird would have higher than av IQ no question. The stories of Bird’s wit screams of high intelligence. LBJ has eidetic memory and Paul’s game iq is off the charts.
Kareem has high IQ too. I making assumptions here but they’ve studied (have vested outside interests too.) Their literacy would be very good.

It’s funny some natural freaks vs the best players of the world of that sport you can spot clear differences in relative IQ once they open their mouths.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,218

Post#318 » by eyeatoma » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:28 am

kuclas wrote:Bucks played horrible for 3/4 of the game. This was a winnable game. Sucks.

I am sticking with my prediction sixers got 3-6 or 4-5 the 9’plus games Embiid is gonna to miss.

We are 2-1 so far.

I’m just afraid we will fall to 3rd easy by the time Embiid gets back with Miami closing in on the 3rd seed now they are healthy.

We need home court. We are just a different team at home. This game is over with Embiid by the 3rd quarter with the way the bucks were playing.

Now curry seems hurt. Milton is not playing well.

I’m hoping for the best. Knowing sixers management and looking at their schedule.

I put Embiid return. Around 04/14. A bone bruise especially for a guy that big is not a 2 week injury return it’s 4 weeks. Just to play it safe.

It'll be interesting. I sprained my knee and it was swollen like crazy, and I couldn't move for a week. Within another week I was back to about 80 percent. I took a really hard fall, it it was horrible. I feel with all the medical advances we have he might be back in 2-3 weeks. Jo was on the floor today and he looked fine. Didn't seem to be favoring the knee at all either. If it was really bad he would be in bed right now having it elevated.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,040

Re: Game 41 : Philadelphia 76ers (28-12) vs Milwaukee Bucks (25-14) l Wednesday l 7pmhttps://twitter.com/kyleneubeck/sta 

Post#319 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:33 am

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Philadelphia legend already

ivysixer2000 wrote:Still can't believe Giannis sat at mid court like he was sitting on the Cowboys star lol.

Dwight should've kicked him in the head, been worth the game or 2 vacation

Told ya, figured that was on his mind.
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 648

Post#320 » by HardenToSixers » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:40 am

DCasey91 wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:
Stanford wrote:

At the top tier Paul, LBJ, Bird would have higher than av IQ no question. The stories of Bird’s wit screams of high intelligence. LBJ has eidetic memory and Paul’s game iq is off the charts.
Kareem has high IQ too. I making assumptions here but they’ve studied (have vested outside interests too.) Their literacy would be very good.

It’s funny some natural freaks vs the best players of the world of that sport you can spot clear differences in relative IQ once they open their mouths.

Did you just use chess players as an example of why basketball players have lower IQ than other athletes?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers