ImageImageImage

Trade Deadline Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Re: Trade Deadline Thread 

Post#41 » by zaz102 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:45 am

sixers4real wrote:I don’t get the Fournier hate.
He would be a good addition imo. Only question is how much he would command in the offseason.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,806

Post#42 » by Mik317 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:04 am

Fournier has come up small in the playoffs his entire career. Feels like the SG version of Tobias in a way
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#43 » by Rastas » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:02 am

Mills or Fournier (both expiring)as streaky red hot no hesitation 3pt shooters would help Jo and 76ers spacing better than anyone on the team currently.
Both have Korks shooting mentality but alot more BBIQ savy.
Both would cost not a lot more than say Green/Scott/future 2nd or whatever expirings Spurs/Magic want.
Gives more game time for Thybulle and possibly Reed.
Currently Mills value is down a little so a good time to strike , but Fournier's is up and he is more expensive.
Mills would also be the teams second best play maker.
Both have at times proven to be decent closers.
Neither player will hamstring the teams cap like some of the other bigger moves being mentioned.
Overall team will drop a little maybe on D losing Green - depends how much extrta time is given to Matisse , but on offence either of these guys opens up the spacing big time- so def worth it.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#44 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:06 am

Why is everyone talking about average guards when we only have one good forward (Harris) on the roster? We need a PF man....and Porzingis is who I'm thinking about :D
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#45 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:38 am

Arsenal wrote:No idea why people are so enamored with Lonzo Ball. He's a nice player but he's NOT what we need, which is a backcourt PPP who can get his own shot and be the focal point of the half court offense.

Ball would be a nice long-term replacement for Danny Green, but he doesn't solve our main problem.

He doesn't but neither does Lowry or any of those guys available. We can't really afford to wait until another Harden or Beal to come available we have to make moves as they come available if they don't cost a bunch of longterm assets. As far as Ball goes I dunno what he will cost via trade Maxey and a 1st seems high.

Milton and a protected first makes some sense. Lonzo provides some ball handling on the second unit and next to Simmons. He can also play off the ball.

That is definitely a huge need. What I like about Lonzo is unlike Lowry who is in the midst of a severe decline Lonzo game is growing. He could grow into what Lowry was instead of what he is. Another Pelican I'd have interest in is Josh Hart he's another RFA who is in the midst of just an ok year but when he is on he plays very good defense, handles the ball well for a big guard, and fights for rebounds.

He'd be a good get to help lessen the pain of losing Milton and stop forcing us from playing scrubs like Isiah Joe, Reed, and Mathias. For me anyways I'd like to get a couple of guards and a stretch 4 to take Scott spot.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#46 » by Rastas » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:43 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:Why is everyone talking about average guards when we only have one good forward (Harris) on the roster? We need a PF man....and Porzingis is who I'm thinking about :D

Team def needs another PF, but Porzingis is way too expensive and injury prone to consider.
Plenty of vet mins/under 6mill per to consider as an upgrade to Scott.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#47 » by Tomjas » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:49 am

Morey is going to be earning his money as there’s quite a few high profile teams with a need for reinforcements

Seller’s market
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#48 » by DCasey91 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:10 am

Oladipo not interested in anything else unless forward bench depth (Fournier no thanks, Ross, Rozier etc we have Curry, Lonzo is not what we need but I rate him. Marakkenan? I wanted a Harris + Maxey 2 1st picks for Lavine and Markannen ages ago lol. Obv shopping for trades long ago).

Green + Korklord plus 2 rounders or a late first for Oli

Barnes is an option if we get a pick back from Sac for Harris could be interesting though it’s a downgrade. So that’ll wipe this year. But this year anywhere is the time to strike (next year will be way harder, Nets, Mavs, Nuggets, Lakers, Suns, Clippers, Celtics, Bucks etc etc) too strong imo

Oladipo (Rental)
Thybulle
Simmons
Harris
Embiid

Milton
Curry
Howard
Scott (Replace him?)
Bradley

Ain’t pretty but at least it’s a chance. (Starting unit’s defense has insane potential).

We have been Embiid + Ben for so long so whatever happens happens. Butler was the one and only legit playoff run we’ve had out of what 4 this year? Lol

Ben and Harris might go in the off season.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#49 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:31 am

Lots of smoke saying the bulls could trade Markkenen before the deadline...imo that's a realistic guy who could help us.

Harris
Markkenen
Simmons
Curry/Green
Embiid

Would give us four guys who average 16 or above ppg and would certainly be the best team we've had since Jimmy was here.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#50 » by DCasey91 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:36 am

I am not having 4 PF/C’s in one lineup there’s no breakdown ballhandler on that unit it’ll get ugly quick
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#51 » by Foshan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:05 am

I would be all for replacing Scott with Markkenen off the bench, and hopefully looking to sell high on Tobby in the off season to then resign Markkenen... but at the same time i'm not willing to give up a lot for a RFA that i think is going to be as valuable to us as the SAC guy.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:11 am

DCasey91 wrote:I am not having 4 PF/C’s in one lineup there’s no breakdown ballhandler on that unit it’ll get ugly quick

Markkenen 36% from three and 18 ppg. How does that not help this team exactly? People keep talking about getting ball dominant guards which imo is not feesible because taking the ball away from Ben simply doesn't work.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,524

Post#53 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:27 am

Aside from the obvious acquiring a really big name player like Harden or Beal.

Another way to use what we have as leverage in order to get surplus of talent is by trading for talented guys who is on their expiring contracts, whereas the players wants to sign with a contender and their current team wouldnt want to hand them a big contract they’re demanding.

Guys that fit these categories:
- Evan Fournier (18ppg almost 57TS% only 28)
- Zach Lavine (obvious choice, explains the rumor during the offseason)
- Maybe Harrison Barnes or Ross but im not much of a fan
- Maybe Buddy Hield (explains the rumor before the season started)

They wouldnt cost that much because of the friction between the said player and their team, this causes less inflation in value.

What will it cost us?
Combination of expirings, picks, Thybulle, Paul Reed, Milton and Maxey or Milton. Depending on the incoming talent.

Like if you are going after Hield, maybe you can easily get him with expirings and a first round pick,

This way you can fix Al Horford into a player with a similar contract but with a much better fit.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#54 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:31 am

In simply boils down whether you have a couple of top tier talent (Morey or lakers built) or a top tier talent and a collective of good players (celtics, raptors or bucks built).

We can go either way. But I find with what we have and the current market, we’re leaning towards the Celtics, Raptors and Bucks built.

Ben-Embiid-Tobias and another 18-20ppg scorer who can play at that level for the next 3-5 years.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#55 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:43 am

Isn’t DLo a buy low candidate?

He’s only 24 years old. He is a scorer, who if his % improves, would be a great fit with Biid and Ben. Better than Lonzo.

Wolves also seem like a team that can use Maxey or Milton. Both are good fits for both KAT and Edwards. Paul Reed could also be a good fit with Towns.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#56 » by Tomjas » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:04 am

76ciology wrote:Isn’t DLo a buy low candidate?

He’s only 24 years old. He is a scorer, who if his % improves, would be a great fit with Biid and Ben. Better than Lonzo.

Wolves also seem like a team that can use Maxey or Milton. Both are good fits for both KAT and Edwards. Paul Reed could also be a good fit with Towns.

Dlo has become seriously underrated but his contract is an issue
76ciology
RealGM

Post#57 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:08 am

Here’s another example.

Call the Pacers. They have no intention to win the championship, ever.

Ask them if they’d be interested to trade Brogdon for Maxey, expirings and picks.

Worse comes to worst, ask for TJ Warren.

I want to say call Bobcats and ask for Rozier, but that ship has sailed. I already mentioned about this before Rozier went hot.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#58 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:14 am

Tomjas wrote:
76ciology wrote:Isn’t DLo a buy low candidate?

Dlo has become seriously underrated but his contract is an issue

Thats the thing man. If DLo is paid one dollar per year, he’d be unattainable. But SALARY CAP is just an illusion.

Morey knows this and thats why he’s the master of overpaying good players and master of underpaying bad players.

Right now, unless we can clear a max cap space. It’s used nothing more than getting guys like Alec Burks or Dwight Howard. I find DLo as much better upgrade than both. Overbloating cap space and getting a good talent back doesnt hurt the team, it just hurts Josh Harris’ pocket. And he’s not a scrooge given how we have the league’s most expensive FO and one of the league’s highest payroll, despite prior to adding a guy like DLo.

Trading for DLo allows us to leverage the cap mitigating assets we acquired with the Al trade, add it with a couple of first rounders (which is more like second rounders) then add Paul Reed and/or Maxey.

DLo-Ben-Tobi-Biid.

Then Let player development run it’s natural course of action.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#59 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:16 am

The underlying reason of cap space is to make sure poor owners or owners who doesnt want to spend their money has no chance or ever winning.

Rich owners spending = everyone is happy. Agents, coaches, players and etc.

This is why the league went mad during our rebuilding when we’re f’ng up their ecosystem by taking the food off their plates

Ask KJ McDaniels :lol:

Rich people rule the world.

You can have $1 billion worth of salary and it wont stop you from adding another superstar.

People say nobody wants Tobias Harris. Yes, because you’re offering him to rebuilding teams like the Rox, lottery teams like the Bulls for Lavine. But I bet you Lakers or Clippers would give up expiring and picks for Tobias.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#60 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:27 am

EB had the right idea. He knows how the league works. This is why he is highly regarded.

Where he went wrong is he had to run it with one of the worst coaches in the league while didn’t factor in that you need to make your superstar happy.

In making roster moves you have to make a decision based on the opinion of the FO, coaches and top player. EB went wrong by just consulting with Brett. It was an amateur mistake.

EB should have asked Biid for his roster moves like most teams. Guys like Harden or LeBron pretty much dictates how the team will go or else they’d do their own version of a protest.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers