ImageImageImage

Around the League: Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,515

Re: Around the League: Trade deadline and beyond! 

Post#401 » by 76ciology » Fri May 7, 2021 6:13 pm

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#402 » by Negrodamus » Fri May 7, 2021 6:36 pm

And the ref was wrong, there was a screen leading up to the foul.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#403 » by 76ciology » Fri May 7, 2021 6:46 pm

Negrodamus wrote:And the ref was wrong, there was a screen leading up to the foul.

And they’ll continue to be wrong, because stars gets favorable calls. And thats why its hard.

The league wants a narrative of player A drop 50 against player B that drops 55. Than player A stops player B from
dropping his average 30. The first one gets more attention.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#404 » by Tomjas » Sat May 8, 2021 1:18 am

HotelVitale wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Tomjas wrote: Complete outlier His shooting form is generally exponentially worse than Simmons and virtually anyone else in the league Only difference is that he’s actually shooting

Actually I like his shooting form, aesthetically. Not based on text book and I didnt project him to be a good shooting because of that. Just for pure aesthetics hahaha There was some mod in the Wolves board who was asking us if we’re interested for a Anthony Edwards and pick deal for Ben. I wonder if he’s still interested

Tomjas, it's ridiculous position to take that Ben Simmons could shoot as well as Ant Edwards if he would just take shots. That seems like pure pathos, something you're trying to keep repeating until it erases all the evidence we have. Edwards always has been a volume jumpshooter, that's been a major part of his game since HS and it's one of the reasons he was a top prospect. I think he'll continue to struggle with efficiency going forward (and hopefully make up for that with good %s while driving) but it's a core part of his game. And he shot close to 80% from the line in both college and this season. Simmons has never shown the least bit of ability to make shots at any level and his shooting %s and shooting form in NBA games are awful. He's also the 2nd worst FT shooter of any of the top-100 scorers in the NBA (only Clint Capela is worse, and just barely). Edwards is a shaky shooter who can still make a ton of shots, Simmons is a bad shooter who should almost never take jumpers. (Though I would still of course like him to try a little more.)

Sorry guys

Only looked at photo & thought that it was Giannis

And yes, I had had some beers
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#405 » by Negrodamus » Sat May 8, 2021 3:53 am

It’s so crazy that RJ Hampton fell as far as he did. He’s starting to blossom in Orl (which he prob wouldn’t have gotten the minutes here) and it’s hard to understand why teams aren’t into a 19 year old 6’5 explosive PG in the top 20. He’s going to make Orlando forget about Fultz by next year.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#406 » by DCasey91 » Sat May 8, 2021 4:15 am

Negrodamus wrote:It’s so crazy that RJ Hampton fell as far as he did. He’s starting to blossom in Orl (which he prob wouldn’t have gotten the minutes here) and it’s hard to understand why teams aren’t into a 19 year old 6’5 explosive PG in the top 20. He’s going to make Orlando forget about Fultz by next year.

He reminds me of Exum, before the draft playing in our local league he didn’t get much of chance to shine like Ball. I think that’s why his draft stock fell there wasn’t a big data/film set to gauge it. Good that he’s getting playing time though. So many youngsters look better with just more playing time that’s it.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#407 » by 76ciology » Sat May 8, 2021 6:08 am

If Kelly Olynyk can continue playing like this and Rockets turns into a playoff team, he’d make it to the allstar.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#408 » by Rastas » Sat May 8, 2021 9:08 am

76ciology wrote:If Kelly Olynyk can continue playing like this and Rockets turns into a playoff team, he’d make it to the allstar.

Ok I think thats enough.
Bars closed.
Put the drink down.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#409 » by DCasey91 » Sat May 8, 2021 9:35 am

I tell ya what wouldn’t mind to pry Simons from the Blazers somehow. Alternatively CJ

Spurs/Blazers are real good trade partners down the line. They have a gluttony of what we need both in the youngster and veteran department.

Walker, Vassell, Simons, Little, Giles (Young)
Lillard, Derozan, CJ, Nurkic, Cov, Mills (Older)

Interesting. Also letting Gary Trent Jr and two first rounders go is very bad imo, they are going to bottom out before going anywhere. Should have kept all three assets. Powell definitely ain’t worth that much. It’s quite a bad GM move that will rear its head out in due time.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#410 » by 76ciology » Sat May 8, 2021 9:39 am

Rastas wrote:
76ciology wrote:If Kelly Olynyk can continue playing like this and Rockets turns into a playoff team, he’d make it to the allstar.

Ok I think thats enough.
Bars closed.
Put the drink down.

8-)
Olynyk Era upon us
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#411 » by DCasey91 » Sat May 8, 2021 9:47 am

Dammit. I see you Blazers can’t pull the wool over me lol. Going to let CJ go in the off-season then Simons is going to be a CJ clone. Ah well good luck young fella (Elite shooter this year, creator on the ball, starter games production has been sound for a young one. Haha there goes another one!)
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#412 » by Foshan » Sat May 8, 2021 10:50 am

DCasey91 wrote:

Dammit. I see you Blazers can’t pull the wool over me lol. Going to let CJ go in the off-season then Simons is going to be a CJ clone. Ah well good luck young fella (Elite shooter this year, creator on the ball, starter games production has been sound for a young one. Haha there goes another one!)

He just put up 2 points in 20mins against LAL. I like the kid, but definitely hasn't arrived yet :) It would definitely give me confidence to move CJ though.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#413 » by DCasey91 » Sat May 8, 2021 11:33 am

Foshan wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

He just put up 2 points in 20mins against LAL. I like the kid, but definitely hasn't arrived yet :) It would definitely give me confidence to move CJ though.

Ohh I stick fat with my young picks lol, not really worried about the consistency. Earlier on this year i mentioned him being about two years away (breakout late next year I reckon). The tools/skills are all there. Drafted from school so the first two years were kind of wash for me. He’s learning from the very best and he’s definitely under Dames wing.
I mean he should be playing more then 16 minutes a night but Blazers have a logjam. They even let a talented youngster KPJ go way too soon.

We were all high on Ball then 10 games later it was too late. I bet ya Garland will breakout next year. Has serious PG chops along with the ability to shoot/score as a primary guard. His passing peaks my interested a lot (I reckon he’ll be better then Sexton).

Double O, Nowell, NAW, Goga, Beasley, Bamba, Little, are all the my youngster list with Simons. Would like any of them. Heck even Harry Giles would be a nice 14-15th player squad addition.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#414 » by Kobblehead » Sat May 8, 2021 12:13 pm

Negrodamus wrote:It’s so crazy that RJ Hampton fell as far as he did. He’s starting to blossom in Orl (which he prob wouldn’t have gotten the minutes here) and it’s hard to understand why teams aren’t into a 19 year old 6’5 explosive PG in the top 20. He’s going to make Orlando forget about Fultz by next year.

I had him 2nd overall behind Killian Hayes on my big board. Couldn't fathom why he fell to the end of the 1st round. He's going to be a fantastic create & defend player in this league in his prime. If he ever develops his passing and defense, he'll be among the best players in this draft.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 411

Post#415 » by Zumramania » Sat May 8, 2021 3:04 pm

Bogdanovic ballin' out...he has his flaws but he is a great pure scorer and a very physically strong dude. Could have had him that summer but instead we chose Al Horford.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#416 » by kuclas » Sat May 8, 2021 4:49 pm

Zumramania wrote:Bogdanovic ballin' out...he has his flaws but he is a great pure scorer and a very physically strong dude. Could have had him that summer but instead we chose Al Horford.

Horford is still a very good player. He was playing well for okc. He’s a winning type of player except okc wanted to Not win games

We all know his fit was not good with sixers

While he would completely solve all of Boston’s defensive problems this season. I’m sure Boston fans would love to have him for the next 2 seasons if Williams is not working out for them. Ainge just didn’t want to pay him.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#417 » by zaz102 » Sat May 8, 2021 7:54 pm

kuclas wrote:
Zumramania wrote:Bogdanovic ballin' out...he has his flaws but he is a great pure scorer and a very physically strong dude. Could have had him that summer but instead we chose Al Horford.

Horford is still a very good player. He was playing well for okc. He’s a winning type of player except okc wanted to Not win games

We all know his fit was not good with sixers

While he would completely solve all of Boston’s defensive problems this season. I’m sure Boston fans would love to have him for the next 2 seasons if Williams is not working out for them. Ainge just didn’t want to pay him.
3D Chess. Take an important player from Boston to send them into a downward spiral and then ship that player off for a good fit that help secure the #1 seed.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#418 » by 76ciology » Sun May 9, 2021 10:26 am

Man oh man
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#419 » by DCasey91 » Sun May 9, 2021 10:36 am

It seems suddenly we have a plethora of decent assets to use in the off-season:

Simmons
Harris
Curry
Hill
Milton
Thybulle
Maxey
Plus our 1st rounders (21-24)

Morey is savy (Losing the Maledon pick might hurt but oh well, had him over Hayes as the best euro PF prospect). He’ll work on a package for sure.
Blazers/Spurs are potential trade dealers down the line. Hopefully Harris plays well and retains his early season value. Another year off the books, will come in handy.

We have a soft run to the ECF we should get there anything less is a failure in my eyes after that who knows, kind of playing with house money then.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Post#420 » by the_process » Sun May 9, 2021 6:04 pm

DCasey91 wrote:It seems suddenly we have a plethora of decent assets to use in the off-season:

Simmons
Harris
Curry
Hill
Milton
Thybulle
Maxey
Plus our 1st rounders (21-24)

Morey is savy (Losing the Maledon pick might hurt but oh well, had him over Hayes as the best euro PF prospect). He’ll work on a package for sure.
Blazers/Spurs are potential trade dealers down the line. Hopefully Harris plays well and retains his early season value. Another year off the books, will come in handy.

We have a soft run to the ECF we should get there anything less is a failure in my eyes after that who knows, kind of playing with house money then.

Getting smoked in the ECF’s is not successful, either. If they don’t get to at least Game 6 against MIL or BKN, then wholesale changes have to be at least on the table.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers