ImageImageImage

Around the League: Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Around the League: Trade deadline and beyond! 

Post#441 » by LloydFree » Mon May 10, 2021 3:51 pm

kuclas wrote:
LloydFree wrote:By the end of today, the 76ers will be one Celtics play-in loss to the Hornets, from having to play Boston and Miami in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Miami and Boston do not scare me.

Spoiler:
At the end of the day. We are so good at home. And we are decent this year on the road. Even if we lose one home game. Chances are we can reclaim it on the road. The odds of Sixers losing 2 games at home to Boston and Miami vs us winning one road game. I like our odds.

It’s like the Toronto series home court mattered. Toronto was able to reclaim home court game 4. And sixers couldn’t win again in Toronto.

I think people say sixers are a disappointment the last 3 playoffs. But they have been the lower seed each time they lost.

Barring a major injury. I just don’t see us losing to Boston or Miami. Simmons just wrecks havoc on Boston’s wings and Boston has no interior defense. Actually Boston defense is very subpar this season.

Miami. Bam is giving up 40 pounds to Embiid and 3 inches. There is a reason Miami has to play zone. Sure it could work if Embiid gets tunnel vision. But as long as
Curry green and Harris (or similar 3 shooters out there). It’s very hard for Miami to zone up for long. But bam 1:1 vs Embiid. It’s like AD trying to defend Embiid. Miami doesn’t want that.

I doubt Boston could beat the 76errs at full health, because they just don't have the personnel, but it would still be more challenging than the normal 1-8 first round matchup.

The Heat are a different matter. All it takes is for the Heat to employ a zone and a bad shooting night, and we've lost home court. Then we're in a dogfight with a coach who can make adjustments
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#442 » by SixthStreet » Mon May 10, 2021 9:22 pm

The Celtics could take a couple games off us if/when Walker is cooking but there would have to be a lot of things going sideways for us to lose a series to them. They have no option to defend Embiid and don't have a new wrinkle in the bag to show him. We are also much better equipped to deal with the Cs matchup hunting offense. It would take an Embiid or Simmons injury for it to get dicey.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#443 » by LloydFree » Mon May 10, 2021 9:26 pm

SixthStreet wrote:The Celtics could take a couple games off us if/when Walker is cooking but there would have to be a lot of things going sideways for us to lose a series to them. They have no option to defend Embiid and don't have a new wrinkle in the bag to show him. We are also much better equipped to deal with the Cs matchup hunting offense. It would take an Embiid or Simmons injury for it to get dicey.

The way they've played this year, I agree.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#444 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 10, 2021 10:15 pm

Jaylen Brown out for the season? I think we'd sweep them pretty easily.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#445 » by sixers4real » Mon May 10, 2021 10:24 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Jaylen Brown out for the season? I think we'd sweep them pretty easily.

I would’t mind facing Boston and sweeping them without brown just like they swept us last year without Simmons.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#446 » by sixers4real » Mon May 10, 2021 10:29 pm

LloydFree wrote:
kuclas wrote:
LloydFree wrote:By the end of today, the 76ers will be one Celtics play-in loss to the Hornets, from having to play Boston and Miami in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Miami and Boston do not scare me.

Spoiler:
At the end of the day. We are so good at home. And we are decent this year on the road. Even if we lose one home game. Chances are we can reclaim it on the road. The odds of Sixers losing 2 games at home to Boston and Miami vs us winning one road game. I like our odds.

It’s like the Toronto series home court mattered. Toronto was able to reclaim home court game 4. And sixers couldn’t win again in Toronto.

I think people say sixers are a disappointment the last 3 playoffs. But they have been the lower seed each time they lost.

Barring a major injury. I just don’t see us losing to Boston or Miami. Simmons just wrecks havoc on Boston’s wings and Boston has no interior defense. Actually Boston defense is very subpar this season.

Miami. Bam is giving up 40 pounds to Embiid and 3 inches. There is a reason Miami has to play zone. Sure it could work if Embiid gets tunnel vision. But as long as
Curry green and Harris (or similar 3 shooters out there). It’s very hard for Miami to zone up for long. But bam 1:1 vs Embiid. It’s like AD trying to defend Embiid. Miami doesn’t want that.

I doubt Boston could beat the 76errs at full health, because they just don't have the personnel, but it would still be more challenging than the normal 1-8 first round matchup.

The Heat are a different matter. All it takes is for the Heat to employ a zone and a bad shooting night, and we've lost home court. Then we're in a dogfight with a coach who can make adjustments

I don’t think the Heat are finishing 4th or 5th. They are going to lose in Milwaukee i guess.
Hawks and Knicks are absurd of them at the moment and I see it staying that way. Hawks will probably will out the rest of the season.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#447 » by LloydFree » Tue May 11, 2021 12:09 am

Negrodamus wrote:Jaylen Brown out for the season? I think we'd sweep them pretty easily.

Yeah. That one makes it easier. Anything that forces them to play Kemba Walker more minutes is good thing...
SixthStreet
Sixth Man

Post#448 » by SixthStreet » Tue May 11, 2021 2:06 am

Spurs might give some unexpected help with the magic number tonight.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#449 » by kuclas » Tue May 11, 2021 2:16 am

SixthStreet wrote:Spurs might give some unexpected help with the magic number tonight.

U want the bucks to win. Make the Nets path harder. Harden is coming back.

If bucks lose tonight. Nets have clear path to 2 seed.

Sixers essentially have the 1 seed already. Hard to imagine they go 1-3 last 4 games.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#450 » by sixers4real » Tue May 11, 2021 2:16 am

SixthStreet wrote:Spurs might give some unexpected help with the magic number tonight.

Actually, I prefer them to win. I highly doubt the scenario where both Nets and Bucks win out the rest of the season and we can't win 2 of the next 4. Because that's the only case we are not first seed.

I want Bucks to finish 2nd, Nets to finish 3rd.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,119

Post#451 » by Arsenal » Tue May 11, 2021 2:19 am

Yeah this is not the best outcome. We want Bucks to finish #2 and Nets to finish #3. Nets have an easy 4 games left so they could win out, which puts them at least 1 game ahead of Bucks assuming they lose tonight (down by 20 now).
Benfitnyc
Junior
And1: 119

Post#452 » by Benfitnyc » Tue May 11, 2021 2:29 am

Arsenal wrote:Yeah this is not the best outcome. We want Bucks to finish #2 and Nets to finish #3. Nets have an easy 4 games left so they could win out, which puts them at least 1 game ahead of Bucks assuming they lose tonight (down by 20 now).

Nets have a desperate Chicago team tomorrow on the road with Lavine and Vuc back. Wouldn’t say that’s an easy game.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,042

Post#453 » by Sixerscan » Tue May 11, 2021 2:52 am

Benfitnyc wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Yeah this is not the best outcome. We want Bucks to finish #2 and Nets to finish #3. Nets have an easy 4 games left so they could win out, which puts them at least 1 game ahead of Bucks assuming they lose tonight (down by 20 now).

Nets have a desperate Chicago team tomorrow on the road with Lavine and Vuc back. Wouldn’t say that’s an easy game.

And then these same Spurs on Wednesday.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#454 » by rzzzzz » Tue May 11, 2021 3:13 am

Let the Sixers wrap it up early, and give Embiid, Ben and Harris plenty of time to heal. Let George get up to speed and give Maxey the chance to prove that the past week and a half is not illusory. We get the extra days for the play ins already, so there’s no starting the playoffs fresh off working up a sweat for the starters.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man

Post#455 » by SixthStreet » Tue May 11, 2021 3:19 am

Personally, I value the rest for Embiid, Simmons, Harris and the vets more than 2/3 order of the Bucks and Nets. The sooner it's wrapped up the sooner we shut down those 3, Green, and Howard at a minimum.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#456 » by sixers4real » Tue May 11, 2021 4:56 am

We now have to win 1 game to secure 1st seed.
Philly2good
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#457 » by Philly2good » Tue May 11, 2021 6:16 am

Yeah worrying about other teams is for losers
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#458 » by youngcrev » Tue May 11, 2021 12:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Such a fitting way for him to do it. Snatches the board from his big who is waiting in position, goes down and bricks a 3. :lol:
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Post#459 » by Eyeamok » Tue May 11, 2021 1:23 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Read on Twitter

Such a fitting way for him to do it. Snatches the board from his big who is waiting in position, goes down and bricks a 3. :lol:

Snatched the board away ? The center backed off so Westbrook could get the rebound. Then he hits the front of the rim with the shot, that's not what I'd call a brick.....but to each their own.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#460 » by youngcrev » Tue May 11, 2021 1:28 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Read on Twitter

Snatched the board away ? The center backed off so Westbrook could get the rebound. Then he hits the front of the rim with the shot, that's not what I'd call a brick.....but to each their own.

Meh, you're right, but it loosely fit the narrative so I rolled with it. But really... Coming to Russ's defense? Enemy of The Process?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers