Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Re: Buyout Market Thread 

Post#241 » by zaz102 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:26 pm

hookshot199 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
zaz102 wrote:I hear your argument, just too many hypotheticals for me. I can buy that Morey traded Horford for flexibility and even thought Harden would become available, but to think that he was banking on that deal I just can't buy. IMO, there are too many variables to think that way.

Also, I just can't see the move as a major setback that had us going from 6th and swept in the playoffs to first with a lot better flexibility regardless of coaching improvements and player development.

Thanks for being open minded.

I dont think its a major setback. I still think we can give a treasure chest offer when there’s opportunity. But we could have been in a much better place IMO.

Maybe I just look highly at Morey and expect a lot better from him, because my team needs it.

If we exit early, Simmons will be gone. His defense gives us a chance to compete against Brooklyn, but he's not made the improvements needed on offense. As for Doc, anything would have been an improvement over Brown. I wanted him fired in December. But Doc is a quality coach and, one of the most pleasant developments for me, is that he's developing a bench. He adds value not subtracts.
It'll be interesting to see what Doc and Morey do after a year with the team. I think moves will depend on the playoffs?

Can Tobi be a closer in the playoffs?

Can Doc think of a way to get Simmons better on offense?

Do you try to get a shot creator/closer elsewhere? How do you do so (trade Simmons? Not sure if Harris thas the value and not even sure who's more critical at this point.

It seems that either Tobi will step into that role in the playoffs (unlikely) or as you said Simmons will be the only attractive resource to acquire a superstar when one becomes available.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,532

Post#242 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:15 am

I think moves will depend on what opportunity lies ahead.

If there are again no opportunities then we’d likely just move sideways.

But make no mistake about it, everyone except Embiid is available.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,718

Post#243 » by 76thBearCub » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:44 am

76thBearCub wrote:Brooklyn or LAL prob just get Andre Drummond for nothing. Seems reasonable.

As for us, not expecting much. Theres really not much out there that we would or should want imo.

This Tolliver signing has me shook.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#244 » by SparksFly87 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:31 pm

Sign Darius Miller.

Solid shotmaker off bench. Not a bad defender. Versatile vet who can play 2-4 .
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#245 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:15 pm

What happened to Emmanuel Mudiay? He had a decent year is a big guard who has some playmaking.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,754

Post#246 » by Sixersftw » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:55 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:What happened to Emmanuel Mudiay? He had a decent year is a big guard who has some playmaking.

Nm thought he was with Utah but apparently that man is on the streets. RIP to the Mudiay DLo debates of the past.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably

Return to Philadelphia 76ers