Buyout Market Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Re: Buyout Market Thread 

Post#61 » by zaz102 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:58 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Stanford wrote:If Dieng is any good, why is Memphis dumping him?

Because the Grizzlies are in a youth movement. They have 2 centers ahead of him in their depth charts.
Plus he makes like $18M
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,674

Post#62 » by stormi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:09 pm

Dieng. Yawn
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#63 » by LloydFree » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:05 pm

stormi wrote:Dieng. Yawn

Giorgui Dieng can give you everything Tony Bradley gave you, plus he can hit a 3 and make his Free throws.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,847

Post#64 » by Stanford » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:08 pm

eyeatoma wrote:None of the buyout players are going to be stars man. You just need someone who can consistently hit open shots from the perimeter, and not be a sieve on defense. Dieng fits the bill.

I dunno, it seems like the Grizzlies could use that too. They're trying to make the playoffs as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not buying it.
BillyC83
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#65 » by BillyC83 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:09 pm

. He’s horrible
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,110

Post#66 » by eyeatoma » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:16 pm

Stanford wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:None of the buyout players are going to be stars man. You just need someone who can consistently hit open shots from the perimeter, and not be a sieve on defense. Dieng fits the bill.

I dunno, it seems like the Grizzlies could use that too. They're trying to make the playoffs as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not buying it.

Most of the Sixers beat writers think we should go for it. They say he's a useful player providing the skills I mentioned in my previous post.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#67 » by LloydFree » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:26 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Stanford wrote:

I'm not buying it.

Most of the Sixers beat writers think we should go for it. They say he's a useful player providing the skills I mentioned in my previous post.

I don't know what people think the 76ers can get that is better for a 3rd string Center, honestly. Unless people think Andre Drummond or LeMarcus Aldridge will sign here, or Dewayne Dedmond comes out of semi-retirement, he's about as good as it's gonna get for 3rd string Center.

I don't even think Hassan Whiteside provides much more, because he can't hit free throws and he gets in his own head when things don't go right.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
zaz102
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by zaz102 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:31 pm

Stanford wrote:

I'm not buying it.
I mean no doubt he might not be a great player, but can fill a role on this team. Who are you hoping to sign?
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#69 » by sixers hoops » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:45 pm

LloydFree wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Stanford wrote:

I'm not buying it.

I don't know what people think the 76ers can get that is better for a 3rd string Center, honestly. Unless people think Andre Drummond or LeMarcus Aldridge will sign here, or Dewayne Dedmond comes out of semi-retirement, he's about as good as it's gonna get for 3rd string Center.

I don't even think Hassan Whiteside provides much more, because he can't hit free throws and he gets in his own head when things don't go right.

If we had a starting spot, I’d think we had a shot at Aldridge. Too many more attractive situations at this point.

If we can get a rotational guy that could give us a solid 18 mins a game, I’d be happy. Generally, the clips, Nets, Lakers, and heat get the first wave of buyout guys. Milwaukee, Sixers, and other top teams who are not in a key market go next.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#70 » by LloydFree » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:00 am

sixers hoops wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

If we had a starting spot, I’d think we had a shot at Aldridge. Too many more attractive situations at this point.

If we can get a rotational guy that could give us a solid 18 mins a game, I’d be happy. Generally, the clips, Nets, Lakers, and heat get the first wave of buyout guys. Milwaukee, Sixers, and other top teams who are not in a key market go next.

If Aldridge realized what he really is at this point, he'd sign with the 76ers as the backup PF/ Center. But since Miami just sent away their "starting PF" for Oladipo, he has a starting spot set up for him. Tillman Fertitta really screwed us with that Oladipo deal.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#71 » by Kobblehead » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:03 am

Dieng is a really good defender and he shooting threes now. He's a really solid 3rd C.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#72 » by Murray_17 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:06 am

Aldridge was a negative on the Spurs, a team with Poeltl as a legit center and Trey Liles as PF.

I don't see how he can be a starter on a contender right now and any contender signing him on that role is screwing itself.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#73 » by Kobblehead » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:19 am

Aldridge is trash these days.

He cannot move in space. Playing him at F is laughable.

You can't even hide him a C anymore because he can't rebound or protect the rim.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,674

Post#74 » by stormi » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:16 am

BillyC83 wrote:
. He’s horrible

Too clunky to fit with Embiid or Simmons or Howard. I don't see the appeal unless you literally cannot get anyone else.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,538

Post#75 » by SixthStreet » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:28 am

Hope the Celtics sign one of these old centers in the market and therefore minimize Robert Williams role. He looks like he's going to be good.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,110

Post#76 » by eyeatoma » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:53 am

We just added Mason Jones as a 2 way contract and signed Paul Reed to a full contract.

I wonder if we'll waive that Iggy guy so that we can get an open roster spot, if not, we won't be able to get anyone off the buyout market.

Read on Twitter
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#77 » by sixers hoops » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:16 am

eyeatoma wrote:We just added Mason Jones as a 2 way contract and signed Paul Reed to a full contract.

I wonder if we'll waive that Iggy guy so that we can get an open roster spot, if not, we won't be able to get anyone off the buyout market.

Read on Twitter

I’d imagine they waive him. I’m not sure we have much evidence that they really like him, and they already said they plan to pursue a player on the buyout market. I’m pretty sure they know they were converting Paul when they said that.
zaz102
Sixth Man

Post#78 » by zaz102 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:23 am

sixers hoops wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:We just added Mason Jones as a 2 way contract and signed Paul Reed to a full contract.

Read on Twitter

I’d imagine they waive him. I’m not sure we have much evidence that they really like him, and they already said they plan to pursue a player on the buyout market. I’m pretty sure they know they were converting Paul when they said that.
It seemed like they had someone specific in mind. Either way there's got to be someone on the buy out market that's worth it. Hell, I'd sign Dedmond if nobody became available.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#79 » by Foshan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:49 am

I’d take any buyout guy that I thought could give me 10+ mins at C over Scott at this point
LeTimmAy
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#80 » by LeTimmAy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:26 am

Ilyasova, dedmon, dieng, olynyk, cousins.

There should be somebody to fill the whole and can shoot the occasional three for Ben.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers