ImageImageImage

Game 49 : Minnesota Timberwolves (12-37) @ Philadelphia 76ers (33-15) l Saturday l 8pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

rzzzzz
Analyst
Posts: 3,338
And1: 1,002
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Game 49 : Minnesota Timberwolves (12-37) @ Philadelphia 76ers (33-15) l Saturday l 8pm 

Post#141 » by rzzzzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:15 pm

Sixersftw wrote:My man said " One player .... almost took your whole glass castle down all by himself." I thought I was watching a random Saturday night game but we were really watching Leonidas prove that Xerxes "The Process" Embiid could bleed.


Well, we also saw Xerxes land on the court, and then slap it gleefully with a big smile as he got back up, enthusiastic for more. No, I don’t want to see Xerxes land that many more times. But to see him having a good time warms my heart. At lease right now we got the most dominant player in the game having a ball. Finger crossed, a maybe a little prayer.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: Game 49 : Minnesota Timberwolves (12-37) @ Philadelphia 76ers (33-15) l Saturday l 8pm 

Post#142 » by Jedzz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:23 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:My man said " One player .... almost took your whole glass castle down all by himself." I thought I was watching a random Saturday night game but we were really watching Leonidas prove that Xerxes "The Process" Embiid could bleed.


Well, we also saw Xerxes land on the court, and then slap it gleefully with a big smile as he got back up, enthusiastic for more. No, I don’t want to see Xerxes land that many more times. But to see him having a good time warms my heart. At lease right now we got the most dominant player in the game having a ball. Finger crossed, a maybe a little prayer.


How dominant was your Xerxes in the playoffs last season? This question isn't just for you or pointed at just you two. I actually applaud the way you two have handled this to this point. But I would love to hear the gang all take some time and explain this one.
rzzzzz
Analyst
Posts: 3,338
And1: 1,002
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Game 49 : Minnesota Timberwolves (12-37) @ Philadelphia 76ers (33-15) l Saturday l 8pm 

Post#143 » by rzzzzz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:30 pm

Jedzz wrote:How dominant was your Xerxes in the playoffs last season? This question isn't just for you or pointed at just you two. I actually applaud the way you two have handled this to this point. But I would love to hear the gang all take some time and explain this one.


We’re hoping that this is Xerk’s 1st healthy, in shape, enthusiastic playoffs. The first of a series of them. Why are we optimistic? Well, after Embiid’s first navicular operation tanked, Hinkie told us that there was a good 15% chance that he would never be able to stay on the court. But if he did, he would dominate. Outside of the start of his first, post navicular season, this is the first time we’ve seen him this good. (Getting Doc and Morey really helps.) Ya gotta start somewhere.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: Game 49 : Minnesota Timberwolves (12-37) @ Philadelphia 76ers (33-15) l Saturday l 8pm 

Post#144 » by Jedzz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:25 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
Jedzz wrote:How dominant was your Xerxes in the playoffs last season? This question isn't just for you or pointed at just you two. I actually applaud the way you two have handled this to this point. But I would love to hear the gang all take some time and explain this one.


We’re hoping that this is Xerk’s 1st healthy, in shape, enthusiastic playoffs. The first of a series of them. Why are we optimistic? Well, after Embiid’s first navicular operation tanked, Hinkie told us that there was a good 15% chance that he would never be able to stay on the court. But if he did, he would dominate. Outside of the start of his first, post navicular season, this is the first time we’ve seen him this good. (Getting Doc and Morey really helps.) Ya gotta start somewhere.

I like how you put it.
I can't even say I like the guy, but we all know he can play if he wants to. I too hope he finally goes the distance on this season and plays with enthusiasm. Him and Simmons both in the playoffs would be better for playoff competition this season. Still not sure his head is focused on just basketball. This game kind of told me he's still young.
User avatar
Sixersftw
RealGM
Posts: 15,513
And1: 5,806
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
       

Re: Game 49 : Minnesota Timberwolves (12-37) @ Philadelphia 76ers (33-15) l Saturday l 8pm 

Post#145 » by Sixersftw » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:51 pm

Jedzz wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:
Jedzz wrote:How dominant was your Xerxes in the playoffs last season? This question isn't just for you or pointed at just you two. I actually applaud the way you two have handled this to this point. But I would love to hear the gang all take some time and explain this one.


We’re hoping that this is Xerk’s 1st healthy, in shape, enthusiastic playoffs. The first of a series of them. Why are we optimistic? Well, after Embiid’s first navicular operation tanked, Hinkie told us that there was a good 15% chance that he would never be able to stay on the court. But if he did, he would dominate. Outside of the start of his first, post navicular season, this is the first time we’ve seen him this good. (Getting Doc and Morey really helps.) Ya gotta start somewhere.

I like how you put it.
I can't even say I like the guy, but we all know he can play if he wants to. I too hope he finally goes the distance on this season and plays with enthusiasm. Him and Simmons both in the playoffs would be better for playoff competition this season. Still not sure his head is focused on just basketball. This game kind of told me he's still young.

Simmons or Embiid? Embiid is fully locked in. He's been historically good this year. Simmons has been a damn mess post ASG.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably

Return to Philadelphia 76ers