ImageImageImage

Furkan Should be Starting Over Seth.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Hussien Fatal
Sixth Man
And1: 568

Re: Furkan Should be Starting Over Seth. 

Post#81 » by Hussien Fatal » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:36 pm

Furkan once again performs well with the starters. He plays excellent with Ben and Joel, they have bee n playing together for almost 5 years now so their chemistry is unmatched.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 14,796

Post#82 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Its the 5 man unit i was pushing in the offseason. I believe GHill instead of Seth in that 5 man unit will be better. Hopefully we get the best version of GHill
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 13,930

Post#83 » by Kobblehead » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:40 pm

Hill is not in basketball shape and has no on-court chemistry with the group. I don't think we can grant him a huge role this year. 15-20 minutes off the bench, max.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 6,860

Post#84 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:07 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Its the 5 man unit i was pushing in the offseason. I believe GHill instead of Seth in that 5 man unit will be better. Hopefully we get the best version of GHill

Yea this was the grouping I referenced earlier in this thread. If we’re going off small sample size lineups to push the Furk starting narrative, then it’d make more sense for Shake to start
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 39

Post#85 » by 9th Wonder » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:56 pm

What's the status on the Funkman's Bird Rights? I've read in different places that Philly has no rights, full rights and partial rights. Anyone know the answer?
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,355

Post#86 » by mithrandir17 » Sat May 1, 2021 2:31 am

9th Wonder wrote:What's the status on the Funkman's Bird Rights? I've read in different places that Philly has no rights, full rights and partial rights. Anyone know the answer?

Furkan is an unrestricted FA this offseason because we declined his 4th yr and signed him as a minimum contract.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 5,871

Post#87 » by Sixersftw » Sat May 1, 2021 2:39 am

9th Wonder wrote:What's the status on the Funkman's Bird Rights? I've read in different places that Philly has no rights, full rights and partial rights. Anyone know the answer?

According to the Larry Coon FAQ we have full bird rights.

If the player does not sign with any team (his prior team or any other team) for the entire season, then his renouncement continues. In other words, the team is not permitted to renounce a player, let him sit idle for the year, and then re-sign him the following summer using Bird rights. However, if the player is renounced and then re-signs with his prior team, his renouncement is no longer in effect when his contract ends. For example, if a team renounces their Larry Bird rights to a player, then re-signs that player to a one-year contract using cap room, the player will be a Larry Bird free agent once again the following summer.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
sixers4real
Bench Warmer
And1: 634

Post#88 » by sixers4real » Sat May 1, 2021 4:50 am

I expect Furkan to be traded in a sign and trade deal
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 13,970

Post#89 » by Sixerscan » Sat May 1, 2021 1:17 pm

Sixersftw wrote:

According to the Larry Coon FAQ we have full bird rights.

If the player does not sign with any team (his prior team or any other team) for the entire season, then his renouncement continues. In other words, the team is not permitted to renounce a player, let him sit idle for the year, and then re-sign him the following summer using Bird rights. However, if the player is renounced and then re-signs with his prior team, his renouncement is no longer in effect when his contract ends. For example, if a team renounces their Larry Bird rights to a player, then re-signs that player to a one-year contract using cap room, the player will be a Larry Bird free agent once again the following summer.

Yep unrestricted and full bird rights.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers