ImageImageImage

What to watch for the last 3 weeks of the regular reason.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,014

Re: What to watch for the last 3 weeks of the regular reason. 

Post#21 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:17 am

sixers4real wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Arsenal wrote:I'll be surprised if we don't get home court considering the remaining schedules.

That + everyone healthy = trip to the Finals.
Ben isn't playing tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

We HAVE to beat the OKC without Ben Simmons, come on.
But we’ll need him for Hawks games

This team will surprise you with it's incompetence. I would not just assume that we win any of these games.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#22 » by sixers4real » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:57 am

eyeatoma wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Ben isn't playing tomorrow.

We HAVE to beat the OKC without Ben Simmons, come on.

This team will surprise you with it's incompetence. I would not just assume that we win any of these games.

That’a hasn’t been the case this season.
We’ve been consistently very good compared to Brett Brown’s Sixers.
Regarding the resent losing streak, we did not have 2 of our 3 best players in 3 of the 4 games and lost to 2 of the top NBA teams and to hottest player in the world.
It’s okay, this stuff happens.
We need to finish strong. Starting with a quality win tomorrow over OKC.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#23 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:20 am

sixers4real wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
sixers4real wrote:We HAVE to beat the OKC without Ben Simmons, come on.

That’a hasn’t been the case this season.
We’ve been consistently very good compared to Brett Brown’s Sixers.
Regarding the resent losing streak, we did not have 2 of our 3 best players in 3 of the 4 games and lost to 2 of the top NBA teams and to hottest player in the world.
It’s okay, this stuff happens.
We need to finish strong. Starting with a quality win tomorrow over OKC.

I agree, but we've also lost our rhythm. Losing 4 games in a row with a skeletal crew will do that. Also, Ben has god knows what, Jo's knee and shoulder now is an issue, and Tobi is having knee problems. No one is 100% so even with everyone we could have problems. Again I like the optimism, but I'm not holding my breath for us to be able to get this done. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do a full 180. We have the capability, but that starts by getting our heads out of our asses.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#24 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:44 am

I do think Jojo will play most of the remaining games. The second Bucks game is just not a good look on his MVP run if Giannis outplayed him and the bucks beat us again.

You know how petty and subjective these NBA awards and how big this award is for the guys
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#25 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:16 am

76ciology wrote:I do think Jojo will play most of the remaining games. The second Bucks game is just not a good look on his MVP run if Giannis outplayed him and the bucks beat us again.

You know how petty and subjective these NBA awards and how big this award is for the guys
The MVP run is over.

sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#26 » by sixers4real » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:17 am

eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:I do think Jojo will play most of the remaining games. The second Bucks game is just not a No look on his MVP run if Giannis outplayed him and the bucks beat us again.

The MVP run is over.

To all of us it is. Maybe not so to Embiid. I’d guess he feels like if he plays as many games as possible and Sixers get that number 1 seed while Nuggets slide down, maybe everybody will kinda forget he missed so much time and give him the MVP.

I hope I’m so wrong but this seems to be the case. I want that #1 seed, but I think we can get it even with Embiid resting couple of games. One against Orlando and one more of a b2b.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#27 » by youngcrev » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:55 am

I'm kinda zoned out until the playoffs, so the answer to the thread title for me is watching ZeroZeroZero and Them on Amazon
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,463

Post#28 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:38 pm

I was gonna say, I think his MVP run is done at this point. He's had a great year no doubt, but the guy hasn't been able to stay healthy yet again. It could be the team being partially cautious with him as well. Notice how a lot of these stars are babied these days. Kevin Durant catches a stomach bug and he'll be shelved for weeks! Kawhi Leonard gets an ingrown fingernail and that's it...Done....Kyrie Irving and Paul George just aren't feeling the "vibe" mentally and they'll sit out for weeks until they find their woosah.
Damian Lillard is the only exception. Seems like the guy never misses a game. Beal, Lavine, Curry (surprisingly) have all been rock solid this year. Same with Jokic...The MVP should most certainly go to Stephen Curry. He's got a G League team a game above .500. That is pretty impressive in my opinion.
1.Curry
2. Jokic
3. Lillard

Those are my top three for the award. If sucks too, because if JoJo would have just stayed healthy, he would have ran away with it this year.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#29 » by Eyeamok » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:51 pm

sixers4real wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:HC would be nice but I don't think we will get it. But not to worried a healthy 76ers team can win on the road, this is not your coach Brown 76ers. So getting back to good health is the key.

What’s even more important about getting #1 seed is letting Bucks and Nets fight in a very competitive semis.

And btw, regarding my original post, point about Lillard. Blazers have just lost 5th in a row and they have a very tough schedule remaining. If they lose in a play-in tournament, they can finally trade Lillard. That’s something to watch

Yes watching the Nets and Bucks fight it out would be fun. I agree with you.

If the Blazers trade Lillard they will be looking for young pieces that could mesh with a rebuild timeline. Our picks should be in the low 20's for the next few seasons. Our young prospects are Milton, Matisse and Maxey. I don't see that as being appealing enough to get Lillard. But I could be wrong.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#30 » by mithrandir17 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:18 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:HC would be nice but I don't think we will get it. But not to worried a healthy 76ers team can win on the road, this is not your coach Brown 76ers. So getting back to good health is the key.

What’s even more important about getting #1 seed is letting Bucks and Nets fight in a very competitive semis.

And btw, regarding my original post, point about Lillard. Blazers have just lost 5th in a row and they have a very tough schedule remaining. If they lose in a play-in tournament, they can finally trade Lillard. That’s something to watch

If the Blazers trade Lillard they will be looking for young pieces that could mesh with a rebuild timeline. Our picks should be in the low 20's for the next few seasons. Our young prospects are Milton, Matisse and Maxey. I don't see that as being appealing enough to get Lillard. But I could be wrong.

You forgot our most prized young prospect in Ben Simmons. Ben is only 25 yrs old by the time Lillard asks for a trade.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Eyeamok » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:18 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
sixers4real wrote:What’s even more important about getting #1 seed is letting Bucks and Nets fight in a very competitive semis.

You forgot our most prized young prospect in Ben Simmons. Ben is only 25 yrs old by the time Lillard asks for a trade.

You are 100% correct I did forget about Ben "I do everything well exceot shoot the ball" Simmons.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#32 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:41 pm

youngcrev wrote:I'm kinda zoned out until the playoffs, so the answer to the thread title for me is watching ZeroZeroZero and Them on Amazon

Lol

Was just trying to find what to watch. Thanks for the recommendations
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Eyeamok » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:06 pm

youngcrev wrote:I'm kinda zoned out until the playoffs, so the answer to the thread title for me is watching ZeroZeroZero and Them on Amazon

Are we just watching the death of regular TV. I had not even heard of zerozerozero or Them.

Thank you sir.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#34 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:17 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31339306/nba-dealing-covid-related-referee-shortage-playoffs-near

Ten NBA referees, including veteran officials typically assigned to the NBA Finals, are sidelined because of issues related to COVID-19 and, in one case, an injury, a league official told ESPN.

That figure represents the highest of its kind to date in a season during which 24 referees have missed at least one game because of health and safety protocols, a league spokesman told ESPN.

Most of the absences have been tied to contact tracing, according to the spokesperson, who added that the league expects all 10 of the referees currently sidelined to be available for the playoffs, which start in less than a month.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#35 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:20 pm

Eyeamok wrote:

Are we just watching the death of regular TV. I had not even heard of zerozerozero or Them.

Thank you sir.

Open an amazon prime account. There are a lot of shows not available on our region but use a VPN.

Im currently watching rottentomatoes list of best movies for 2019 and 2020 movies from an illegal streaming site.

Man.. i missed watching movies on cinemas.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#36 » by youngcrev » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:28 pm

Eyeamok wrote:

Thank you sir.

Died a long time ago. But yeah, amazon doesn't do the best job of promoting their shows.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#37 » by kuclas » Sat May 1, 2021 1:55 pm

I hope Giannis is healthy to play the next two games

Issue is bucks are 3 games out in loss column. It’s too much to make a push to try to get the 1/2 seed. They would need to go 8-1. And pray sixers lose on the road to Houston , Indiana , San Antonio , and Miami. Sixers are highly unlikely to lose at home with a healthy roster.

And bucks have 2 back to back games themselves.

I think if bucks lose Sunday (with or without Giannis). They won’t play Giannis Tuesday either. Being 4 games out (assuming Sunday lost) with 8 to play. But sixers need nets to lose at least one of those games.

If nets win both of those games. Sixers have zero margin for error. And Sixers have 2 Back to Backs as well.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers