ImageImageImage

If the Sixers Play Nets in PO Who Guards Who?

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,532

Re: If the Sixers Play Nets in PO Who Guards Who? 

Post#21 » by 76ciology » Fri May 7, 2021 6:11 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Didn't we do this exact thread like a week ago?

I have a feeling Embiid might get put on Durant eventually but I doubt he'll start on him. His team defense is so much more important if they can survive with someone else handling that.

Yup. Specially when they have DeAndre at C where Biid can just play goalie.

While KD can just run a PnR with a guard or a center, then attack the rim with Embiid outside the paint on defense.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#22 » by VDT » Fri May 7, 2021 7:10 pm

Honestly i doubt Embiid will have much impact against the Nets in terms of team defense. All three of Irving, Durant and Harden are good shooters and they have Jordan who can catch lobs from Harden/Irving. They will run a pnr and Embiid will have to either defend these guys on the perimeter or give them space and try to defend the 2v1. Neither of these is a good option unless their shooting is off.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#23 » by Sixerscan » Fri May 7, 2021 7:33 pm

VDT wrote:Honestly i doubt Embiid will have much impact against the Nets in terms of team defense. All three of Irving, Durant and Harden are good shooters and they have Jordan who can catch lobs from Harden/Irving. They will run a pnr and Embiid will have to either defend these guys on the perimeter or give them space and try to defend the 2v1. Neither of these is a good option unless their shooting is off.

I think that’s an oversimplification but if it ends up working out that way he’ll probably just end up on Durant.

Or not and he just conserves energy for offense.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,494

Post#24 » by elchengue20 » Sat May 8, 2021 6:51 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:I see a lot of people are leaving Embiid out the Conversation guarding the Nets Big 3. Joel is a top 3 Defender on this team, he needs to be utilized to the MAX when defending the Nets Big 3. Joel Simply Guarding Jordan or whoever starts at center for them would be a complete waste of his talents defensively, in the playoffs he has proven to be a DYNAMIC Defensive player, so why not have him guard KD for stretches?

Basketball is a team sport. Joel wont guard anyone of the big 3 individually but will be our most important defender.

Hell provide elite rim protection when our defense collapses. C is the most important position on defense. Its also the reason the Nets defense sucks, Deandre is washed up and they dont have anyone who can protect the rim.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#25 » by kuclas » Sat May 8, 2021 1:24 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
VDT wrote:Honestly i doubt Embiid will have much impact against the Nets in terms of team defense. All three of Irving, Durant and Harden are good shooters and they have Jordan who can catch lobs from Harden/Irving. They will run a pnr and Embiid will have to either defend these guys on the perimeter or give them space and try to defend the 2v1. Neither of these is a good option unless their shooting is off.

I think that’s an oversimplification but if it ends up working out that way he’ll probably just end up on Durant.

Or not and he just conserves energy for offense.

The key is to confuse the offense on pick and roll. Have Embiid step up over the top. Hopefully thybulle or Simmons can react and recover if the dribbler can turn the the corner.

Boston has a ton of problems when Simmons is on the perimeter with their wings . Nets will have the same issue. Don’t under estimate importance of Simmons blowing up pick n roll himself due to his height and quickness. That step back jumper is harder when a 7 footer in Embiid or Simmons is out there

Return to Philadelphia 76ers