ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Wilfried
Analyst
Posts: 3,401
And1: 1,266
Joined: May 24, 2007

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#121 » by Wilfried » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:35 am

Blazers20 wrote:Curious if Norm Powell is a better fit in Philly versus CJ? Norm is more efficient and actually plays D. Would Philly do a S&T for Norm? Norm for Ben.


We probably would have to add Mattyse and Tyrese to get Portland to pull the trigger :crazy:
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 47,293
And1: 14,991
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#122 » by 76ciology » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:41 am

stormi wrote:Ben legacy game tomorrow.

Time to cement his already recognized place in the top five players in the world currently.


But seriously, I think Ben could prove his worth in the Hawks, Bucks or Nets series.

If Ben’s length and switchability allows us to slow down KD and Giannis or allows us to switch those Trae PnR while Ben attacking Trae on the other end on transition, then I do think those type of outcomes would make him special.

Got to change the narrative than he continuing to not make any game changing impact on defense and hurts us by missing FTs down the stretch.

Biid is not 100%.
Tobi is Tobi. He’ll drop non needle moving 40pts.
Ben should now step up.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
kio80
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,280
And1: 843
Joined: Nov 22, 2018
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#123 » by kio80 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:52 am

Simmons25 wrote:You could get 10 random people off the street and I guarantee they would all become better free throw shooters than Ben after 5 seasons. :lol:


Including the no arm baseball player from family guy?
sixers4real
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,410
And1: 666
Joined: Nov 27, 2015
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#124 » by sixers4real » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:34 am

Outside of missing free throws, Ben had a good game to me and I expect him to play better in game 2. He’ll be on Trae more then he was in Game 1.
ConstableChaos
Sophomore
Posts: 217
And1: 113
Joined: Nov 08, 2018

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#125 » by ConstableChaos » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:38 am

I'm sure Rivers was worried about Simmons picking up fouls in g1 which is why he rolled with Green on Trae there -

But looks like both Simmons and Rivers are prepping the refs in the media for a heavy dose of Simmons on Trae for g2 - with no BS fouls.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 47,293
And1: 14,991
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#126 » by 76ciology » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:53 am

sixers4real wrote:Outside of missing free throws, Ben had a good game to me and I expect him to play better in game 2. He’ll be on Trae more then he was on game 1.


Me too. And its maybe because i dont expect a lot from him and just being realistic on his limitations.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
sixers4real
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,410
And1: 666
Joined: Nov 27, 2015
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#127 » by sixers4real » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:16 am

ConstableChaos wrote:I'm sure Rivers was worried about Simmons picking up fouls in g1 which is why he rolled with Green on Trae there -

But looks like both Simmons and Rivers are prepping the refs in the media for a heavy dose of Simmons on Trae for g2 - with no BS fouls.

And I predict that will help. Let’s be real, it’s NBA Playoff semi-finals, refs have to allow some physicality.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 47,293
And1: 14,991
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#128 » by 76ciology » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:49 am

It is what it is with Ben. He’s never going to be better scorer like Randle or Ingram. But he can still impact the game with his versatility on defense and transition offense. We should just max his strength for the mean time.

Then on the side we just accumulate promising young players and picks that we can package along with Ben when that opportunity comes.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
sixers4real
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,410
And1: 666
Joined: Nov 27, 2015
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#129 » by sixers4real » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:24 pm

76ciology wrote:It is what it is with Ben. He’s never going to be better scorer like Randle or Ingram. But he can still impact the game with his versatility on defense and transition offense. We should just max his strength for the mean time.

Then on the side we just accumulate promising young players and picks that we can package along with Ben when that opportunity comes.

I’d take Simmons over Randle anytime. I mentioned someone if the other thread in your post the Randle is not leading Knicks to more then 2 playoff wins. Guess I was right.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 47,753
And1: 11,191
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#130 » by Stanford » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:39 pm

The Bucks best player is Ben Simmons. So feel better about that.
Image
Ferry Avenue
Senior
Posts: 617
And1: 247
Joined: May 08, 2019
     

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#131 » by Ferry Avenue » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:14 pm

Stanford wrote:The Bucks best player is Ben Simmons. So feel better about that.

Boy I wouldn't put Simmons in the category of Giannis. Giannis is liable to explode for 40+ at any time, whereas Simmons does that only when Jupiter and Mars are aligned.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 47,293
And1: 14,991
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#132 » by 76ciology » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:54 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
Stanford wrote:The Bucks best player is Ben Simmons. So feel better about that.

Boy I wouldn't put Simmons in the category of Giannis. Giannis is liable to explode for 40+ at any time, whereas Simmons does that only when Jupiter and Mars are aligned.


One of my wildest dream is to have Giannis come over to our team to play with Biid.

Kind of like Wade and Bron teaming up back then after heartbreaks in the playoffs and realizing that you need a couple of guys of their caliber to win it. Nets would be the modern version of the Nets.

Maybe Ben, Tobi and 4 first round picks for Jrue and Giannis?
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
User avatar
Bum Adebayo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,165
And1: 1,812
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
Location: Trade Simmons
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#133 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:59 pm

This is the time for Simmons to prove his worth, I don't want to hear any more excuses. He has to score period.
Member of TSU - Trade Simmons University
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 20,175
And1: 5,050
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#134 » by the_process » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:07 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:This is the time for Simmons to prove his worth, I don't want to hear any more excuses. He has to score period.


Your new avi is tremendous. In an unrelated note, you know nothing about basketball because you’ve never played at a high level :lol:
User avatar
Bum Adebayo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,165
And1: 1,812
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
Location: Trade Simmons
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#135 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:55 pm

Ok so if I'm wrong then this means that Simmons doesn't need to prove his worth and doesn't have to score. I wish I had more knowledge.
Member of TSU - Trade Simmons University
Eyeamok
Analyst
Posts: 3,684
And1: 1,799
Joined: Mar 02, 2006

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#136 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:31 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Ok so if I'm wrong then this means that Simmons doesn't need to prove his worth and doesn't have to score. I wish I had more knowledge.


And 1 for the avatar. :lol:
Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of wealth and taste.

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 31,138
And1: 10,766
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In Spain...without the S
       

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#137 » by Mik317 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:17 pm

people expecting Ben to look to score are only hurting themselves at this point lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
User avatar
Bum Adebayo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,165
And1: 1,812
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
Location: Trade Simmons
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#138 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:34 pm

Mik317 wrote:people expecting Ben to look to score are only hurting themselves at this point lol.


He is a player that is going to be making between 30 and 40M$ per year for like 5 years, I certainly would expect that from him yes. Also it's not like he can't do it, dude was 7/7 FG in game 1 FFS, he is just afraid of even trying, in large part due to his FT woes.
Member of TSU - Trade Simmons University
ConstableChaos
Sophomore
Posts: 217
And1: 113
Joined: Nov 08, 2018

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#139 » by ConstableChaos » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:10 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Mik317 wrote:people expecting Ben to look to score are only hurting themselves at this point lol.


He is a player that is going to be making between 30 and 40M$ per year for like 5 years, I certainly would expect that from him yes. Also it's not like he can't do it, dude was 7/7 FG in game 1 FFS, he is just afraid of even trying, in large part due to his FT woes.


He attempted 10 free throws, only 1 hack-a from memory.

But agreed - if this team wants a ring Simmons is going to need to shoot corner 3's at a minimum
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 31,138
And1: 10,766
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In Spain...without the S
       

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#140 » by Mik317 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:15 pm

yall are doing this to yourselves lol.

Ben is going to rack up all star appearances, first team all defense and a few all NBA spots for years to come. The fact that this man has not reacted to the slander by now means even playoff failures (which honestly will fall more on Embiid regardless) won't do it either. Ben has the built in talking point of "you don't know ball" and can point to his many accolades.

its over lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood

Return to Philadelphia 76ers