The Playoffs Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: The Playoffs Thread 

Post#21 » by LloydFree » Mon May 17, 2021 4:32 pm

I think I'd rather see the 76ers play the Celtics. They need the experience of beating someone they respect and will challenge them. Beating the Wizards doesn't help them get prepared for the later rounds. Scott Brooks is terrible and when the game gets challenging they'll just deny Beal the ball in order to get the win.

Also, I don't think either team (Boston or Washington) can get one game off Brooklyn, so it doesn't matter who's 7th seed.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,179

Post#22 » by M2J » Mon May 17, 2021 4:41 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Our path to the ECF is so easy that if we fail to get there, Doc should be on the hot seat even after a year. I mean, the East, aside from BKN, MIL, and MIA is atrocious and we wouldn't see any of them until the ECF.

Honestly, there shouldn't even be a question about that at this point. They should sweep or gentleman's sweep the first 2 rounds.

76ers should definitely want Boston. Just for the sake of rivalry, and revenge
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#23 » by Stanford » Mon May 17, 2021 4:48 pm

I'm scared of literally every team
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#24 » by Sixerscan » Mon May 17, 2021 5:10 pm

The last time they played the Wizards was the game Embiid got hurt and Simmons missed because of covid. Won pretty easily anyway.

Gafford seems like one of those guys that feasts on team that neglect the center position but has no answer for Embiid.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#25 » by LloydFree » Mon May 17, 2021 5:31 pm

Stanford wrote:I'm scared of literally every team

Barring multiple injuries, I can't imagine a scenario where the Knicks or Hornets could get a single game against the 76ers. The Wizards and Pacers, maybe one, if they get crazy at the 3 point line.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by Stanford » Mon May 17, 2021 5:59 pm

I'd feel a whole lot better if we had Omer Asik
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,494

Post#27 » by elchengue20 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:17 pm

We got a pretty easy path, I think Atlanta maaaybe could give us some trouble tho.

If we don't make the ECF it would be a major disappointment.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,724

Post#28 » by the_process » Mon May 17, 2021 6:56 pm

They shouldn’t lose more than one game in a series to any of the teams that could be in their half of the draw.

Then comes BKN or MIL and the playoffs start (and if it’s MIA, then the playoffs don’t start until the Finals, last year notwithstanding).
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,532

Post#29 » by 76ciology » Mon May 17, 2021 6:58 pm

I want the Sixers to face the Bucks in the playoffs then I want to hear what Doc has to say about not worrying about Ben’s shot selection.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#30 » by 76ciology » Mon May 17, 2021 6:59 pm

We need an easy path because our only way to go far is with a fresh Embiid.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Post#31 » by phillynative » Mon May 17, 2021 7:37 pm

Definitley want the Celtics so they can see how it feels to miss one of your stars in the playoffs. I cant stand them and I want embiid to dominate, tobias to bounce back from his last post season against them and Ben to lock up Tatum. That would be a perfect first round sweep.

Not interested in watching the wizards.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#32 » by 76ciology » Mon May 17, 2021 7:44 pm

If you listen to Bill Simmons. He had a take that I find to be intersting. So he wants the Celts to face the Sixers. Not the Nets, because he doesnt want to lose to a team lead by ex-Celts Kyrie and a team that gave them a bazillion of first round picks and yet they were defeated by them.

If we ever faced the Celts and still lose. My gahd.. lets dodge them in playoff seeding forever.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#33 » by LloydFree » Mon May 17, 2021 8:13 pm

phillynative wrote:]b]Definitley want the Celtics so they can see how it feels to miss one of your stars in the playoffs[/B]. I cant stand them and I want embiid to dominate, tobias to bounce back from his last post season against them and Ben to lock up Tatum. That would be a perfect first round sweep.

Not interested in watching the wizards.

The Celtics always seem to play better when they're missing someone or they're the under-dog. They only sh the bed when they're expected to do something.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Post#34 » by phillynative » Mon May 17, 2021 8:19 pm

:oops:
76ciology wrote:If you listen to Bill Simmons. He had a take that I find to be intersting. So he wants the Celts to face the Sixers. Not the Nets, because he doesnt want to lose to a team lead by ex-Celts Kyrie and a team that gave them a bazillion of first round picks and yet they were defeated by them.

If we ever faced the Celts and still lose. My gahd.. lets dodge them in playoff seeding forever

:(

Just imagine the amount of trolling lol
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#35 » by LloydFree » Mon May 17, 2021 8:32 pm

the_process wrote:They shouldn’t lose more than one game in a series to any of the teams that could be in their half of the draw.

Then comes BKN or MIL and the playoffs start (and if it’s MIA, then the playoffs don’t start until the Finals, last year notwithstanding).

I could envision the Hawks getting two games from the 76ers. They have enough firepower to win, if the 76ers have a bad shooting game.

(Also, it's easy to say the 76ers should beat the Heat. But if they play them, that means the Heat just beat the Bucks and Nets. If they do that, the Heat would be favorites against the 76ers)
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#36 » by Stanford » Mon May 17, 2021 8:46 pm

The Celtics would definitely beat us, are you kidding me?
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#37 » by GoSixersBro » Mon May 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Opponent aside, I am just eager to see if Ben Simmons will finally have his breakout moment in the Playoffs while at the same time not be exposed like in 2018 and 2019.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,194

Post#38 » by eyeatoma » Mon May 17, 2021 9:25 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:Opponent aside, I am just eager to see if Ben Simmons will finally have his breakout moment in the Playoffs while at the same time not be exposed like in 2018 and 2019.

Lol don't hold your breath.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,194

Post#39 » by eyeatoma » Mon May 17, 2021 9:26 pm

Stanford wrote:The Celtics would definitely beat us, are you kidding me?

Without Brown, I don't think so. They lose another switchy defender. Fournier is a decent scorer, but not as versatile as Jalen and he's a worse defender. Celtics might win a game.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Post#40 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon May 17, 2021 9:33 pm

I don't care who we play. Every team in the playoffs has a player or two that is going to give us problems. I don't see any series as a cakewalk matchup. I'm definitely not trying to look ahead by any means, but the New York Knicks would give us a battle for sure. I honestly want to play them just for entertainment purposes. I mean...Philly vrs New York! When was the last time that happened in the playoffs? Gotta go back to the late 80s i'm guessing. It's just super awesome to see the Knicks back in the playoff mix again and not as an 8th seed. They are going to be tough to beat for anyone facing them. Other than that, all i'm hoping for is good health from our guys. We can't afford a single injury. Embiid has got to do his thing (which I think he will). We're only going as far as Jo and Ben take us and if we lose either one of them, it's over. I haven't been this excited to watch the playoffs in quite some time. Can't wait to get this rolling!

Return to Philadelphia 76ers