ImageImageImage

The Playoffs Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Re: The Playoffs Thread 

Post#701 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:07 pm

cool93 wrote:70% TS for Embiid in this playoffs. Small sample, but MY GOD.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app

Reminds me of 2011 Dirk.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#702 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:21 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:I just feel like with how overpowered scoring is, you need natural shooter/scorers. That it is fool’s gold to believe you can develop non natural shooters/scorers into one. Think of guys like CJ or Booker. Maybe even guys like Huerter, Joe Harris or Duncan Robinson.

Honestly, I think it's fools gold to take a good/natural shooter and try to develop their ability to score off the dribble. I think scoring off the dribble is a natural talent that can't be manufactured. Whereas, there's an occasional terrible natural shooter that develops a jumper (Jaylen Brown).

Depends on the player’s ball handling foundation.

Remember that defense nowadays is CONTACTLESS. So defenders is naturally sagging off you. So it’s easier to shoot off the dribble if you have a good ball handling foundation.

I mean, last night, our back-up shooting guard (milton) who has a dribbling package of a power forward was able to make a 3 off the dribble.

Because the defender is naturally sagging off you, because he doesnt want to be called for a foul, even if you dont have a dribbling package of Kyrie, a dribble move plus a step back should generate enough separation for you to make a shot.

Every one is doing that now, even Embiid. LoL
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 831

Post#703 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:51 pm

What's interesting about yesterday's game is that I think the team may have discovered that it's better with Korkmaz on the court than with Green. On-ball defense is overrated in the NBA, and Korkmaz offers 1) better shooting, 2) better dribble penetration, and 3) not substantially worse defense. Green is a valuable player on the team for several reasons, including his veteran leadership, but I think the team is far more threatening offensively with Korkmaz on the court than with Green.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#704 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:33 pm

Aaron Gordon sucks

T.J. McConnell remains the best player on those Arizona teams!
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#705 » by zaz102 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:27 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:What's interesting about yesterday's game is that I think the team may have discovered that it's better with Korkmaz on the court than with Green. On-ball defense is overrated in the NBA, and Korkmaz offers 1) better shooting, 2) better dribble penetration, and 3) not substantially worse defense. Green is a valuable player on the team for several reasons, including his veteran leadership, but I think the team is far more threatening offensively with Korkmaz on the court than with Green.
I'm thinking the biggest miss would be end of game situation when you need someone who can play defense and be unconscious to hit a last second shot. I thin Korkmaz can hit the shot but defense isn't as good. I think Thybulle can play the defense but can't hit the shot. But who knows maybe one of the bench guards will get enough confidence that they can fill in when the time comes.

Plus honestly i feel like they have 4-5 guys (danny, korkmaz, Shake, thybulle, maxey) that are inconsistent but can catch fire and without Danny it's one less of those guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#706 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Read on Twitter
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#707 » by sixers hoops » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:51 pm

I wonder if the Nets were to get eliminated, how the championship odds would shake out for the remaining teams. Bucks and Sixers have lower betting odds due to having to face the Nets earlier in the process.

If the Bucks beat the Nets, I think they would be the new title favorites, with Sixers and Jazz close behind.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#708 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Why match-up matters and you can’t just blindly look at the numbers.

In the playoffs:
Sixers has a higher ORtg than the Nets
Nets has a lower DRtg than the Sixers

:lol:
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#709 » by Arsenal » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:20 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:What's interesting about yesterday's game is that I think the team may have discovered that it's better with Korkmaz on the court than with Green. On-ball defense is overrated in the NBA, and Korkmaz offers 1) better shooting, 2) better dribble penetration, and 3) not substantially worse defense. Green is a valuable player on the team for several reasons, including his veteran leadership, but I think the team is far more threatening offensively with Korkmaz on the court than with Green.

This is the reason to build depth. We were running an 11 man rotation in the playoffs.

With Green out, we can still run a 10 man rotation.

Now is the time for Korkmaz to prove he's our long-term answer.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#710 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:31 am

Jordan Clarkson proving that shotcreation is the most valuable trait. Looks very comfortably the 4th best player in this series.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#711 » by LloydFree » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:07 am

sixers hoops wrote:I wonder if the Nets were to get eliminated, how the championship odds would shake out for the remaining teams. Bucks and Sixers have lower betting odds due to having to face the Nets earlier in the process.

If the Bucks beat the Nets, I think they would be the new title favorites, with Sixers and Jazz close behind.

I think the Jazz would be favored over the Bucks, if they were to somehow get there. The Bucks don't defend the 3 and they don't switch. Coach Bud would make Joe Ingles the Finals MVP.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
76ciology
RealGM

Post#712 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:41 am

What’s the most impressive for me this play-offs?

We’re number 1 in scoring 123ppg (121 ORtg) on 52FG%?, while has second to the least amount of 3s attempts per game, among playoff teams

Which is impressive considering high scoring nowadays usually means jacking a lot of 3s per game.

*regseason 113ppg on 112 ORtg
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#713 » by Eyeamok » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:15 am

zaz102 wrote:
I'm thinking the biggest miss would be end of game situation when you need someone who can play defense and be unconscious to hit a last second shot. I thin Korkmaz can hit the shot but defense isn't as good. I think Thybulle can play the defense but can't hit the shot. But who knows maybe one of the bench guards will get enough confidence that they can fill in when the time comes.

Plus honestly i feel like they have 4-5 guys (danny, korkmaz, Shake, thybulle, maxey) that are inconsistent but can catch fire and without Danny it's one less of those guys.

Simple solution is to just blow teams out so the 4th quarter end of game situations does not matter.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#714 » by BB_Fan » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:07 am

76ciology wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if NBA lines up a Jazz-Sixers match-up where they’d market it as a Spida-Gobert vs Ben-Biid match-up.

Oh, i love matching up with the Jazz. Biid pulls away Gobert, Ben slowing down Mitchell while Tobi doing work down low.

Not going to happen. No team can defeat nets. They have too much offensive power. Ben can defend either Kyrie or KD.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#715 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:00 pm

76ciology wrote:What’s the most impressive for me this play-offs?

We’re number 1 in scoring 123ppg (121 ORtg) on 52FG%?, while has second to the least amount of 3s attempts per game, among playoff teams

Which is impressive considering high scoring nowadays usually means jacking a lot of 3s per game.

I think you have to put that in context though. Atlanta and Washington weren’t great on defense during the RS.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Misteclipse
Junior
And1: 375

Post#716 » by Misteclipse » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:02 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:

I think you have to put that in context though. Atlanta and Washington weren’t great on defense during the RS.
Luckily for us the Nets were even worse

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#717 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:36 pm

Misteclipse wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

I'd still rather face the Bucks lol. Rooting for them hard.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#718 » by kuclas » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:19 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Misteclipse wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

I'd still rather face the Bucks lol. Rooting for them hard.

Bucks length can bother Embiid with the Lopez plus Giannis double team. So Embiid ends up settling for a ton of jumpers. But this version of Embiid I’m seeing in the playoffs is very patient with the double team.

Embiid feast on smaller defenders.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#719 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:02 pm

BB_Fan wrote:
76ciology wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if NBA lines up a Jazz-Sixers match-up where they’d market it as a Spida-Gobert vs Ben-Biid match-up.

Oh, i love matching up with the Jazz. Biid pulls away Gobert, Ben slowing down Mitchell while Tobi doing work down low.

Not going to happen. No team can defeat nets. They have too much offensive power. Ben can defend either Kyrie or KD.

Im not saying its for certain nor am i saying it will be easy. But Sixers has a match-up advantage against the Nets compared to the Bucks. Whereas I find Bucks is exactly built to beat our team.

We have guard defenders. We have Ben who can defend KD, well atleast for single coverage. While we have Embiid and D12 who can take advantage of their weak interior defense.
Nets also have an overall weak defensive team that may allow guys like Tobi or Seth to continue scoring at their current level.

Im not going to repeat what ive said about my sentiment about how I find Bucks to be a bad match-up for us. Im also not saying we wont be able to beat them but I just think its going to be more difficult for us to beat them because of match-up issues. But who knows.. Embiid is playing like a man possessed.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#720 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:24 pm

BB_Fan wrote:

On a related note. I just saw this. Same same.

Read on Twitter

Return to Philadelphia 76ers