ImageImageImage

Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ivysixer2000
Head Coach
Posts: 7,066
And1: 1,612
Joined: Feb 24, 2005

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#161 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun May 30, 2021 4:04 am

youngcrev wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Turning off a playoff game for almost the entirety of the 4th quarter because there's no point in finishing feels.... Wrong? Right? I dunno. But do we even need to bother with a 4th game?


I just don't want to see us lose that 4th game. You can expect Westbrook and Beal to continue fighting, but it won't be enough. Still, I don't want to see us "Sixer" one up for stupid reasons.


I'm already on to the next series, and honestly, if it takes them 6 to beat the Knicks or Hawks I'll be somewhat disappointed.

Doesn't feel like the Sixers have been Sixering many games this year.


It's certainly nice to even be able to think that way.

If we win, I would prefer to meet the Knicks, but it probably won't matter.

I just see the Sixers being much more awake against the Knicks and really wanting to almost embarrass them. They are an easy team for us to defend.

Atlanta is up and coming, they could actually be a problem now and in the future. If they advance, cool, we will probably win but it will be a harder series.
Wilfried
Analyst
Posts: 3,401
And1: 1,266
Joined: May 24, 2007

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#162 » by Wilfried » Sun May 30, 2021 8:13 am

Very worried about Simmons' free throws

All the rest seems to be very good :-)
Stribor
Senior
Posts: 533
And1: 303
Joined: Jun 10, 2017
 

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#163 » by Stribor » Sun May 30, 2021 11:53 am

I sad before this is a sweep. I think we will coast to WCF ...
Monix
Senior
Posts: 559
And1: 356
Joined: Jan 20, 2017

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#164 » by Monix » Sun May 30, 2021 12:59 pm

Stribor wrote:I sad before this is a sweep. I think we will coast to WCF ...

zero chance of that, lol
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 47,293
And1: 14,991
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#165 » by 76ciology » Sun May 30, 2021 1:52 pm

What’s Washington Wizard’s biggest adjustment this game?

Spoiler:
Look who’s defending Ben.



Been saying that this is what Brooks should have done from day 1. Having Hachimura in the paint will make it harder for Embiid to score in the paint. Embiid is just really good and Hachimura is just bad but still it’s the better defensive structure.

Its the right move but the Wiz is just a really bad team. Hachimura is lost on defense, RW does his own thing on defense that leads to a lot of miscommunication while Beal is a lazy defender.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 33,688
And1: 14,299
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#166 » by Kobblehead » Sun May 30, 2021 1:59 pm

Westbrook, Beal, Bertans and Hachimura's defense in this series is mind-blowingly bad. And all four of them have the highest minutes played on the team. They literally have no chance with how bad defense they're playing. And we're not even a good offensive team, I don't understand it.
Stribor
Senior
Posts: 533
And1: 303
Joined: Jun 10, 2017
 

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#167 » by Stribor » Sun May 30, 2021 2:08 pm

Monix wrote:
Stribor wrote:I sad before this is a sweep. I think we will coast to WCF ...

zero chance of that, lol

true that, I wanted to say eastern finals and had a brain fart ... happens.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 32,068
And1: 14,130
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#168 » by Sixerscan » Sun May 30, 2021 3:21 pm

76ciology wrote:What’s Washington Wizard’s biggest adjustment this game?

Spoiler:
Look who’s defending Ben.



Been saying that this is what Brooks should have done from day 1. Having Hachimura in the paint will make it harder for Embiid to score in the paint. Embiid is just really good and Hachimura is just bad but still it’s the better defensive structure.

Its the right move but the Wiz is just a really bad team. Hachimura is lost on defense, RW does his own thing on defense that leads to a lot of miscommunication while Beal is a lazy defender.

Yeah I mean it's hard to say any adjustment they made worked. The starters put up a 171.7 offensive rating.

They tried to negate the size advantage Harris would have had by playing Bertans, but he in turn negated that by playing terribly.

They just don't seem like they have any answers.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 47,293
And1: 14,991
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#169 » by 76ciology » Sun May 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:What’s Washington Wizard’s biggest adjustment this game?

Spoiler:
Look who’s defending Ben.



Been saying that this is what Brooks should have done from day 1. Having Hachimura in the paint will make it harder for Embiid to score in the paint. Embiid is just really good and Hachimura is just bad but still it’s the better defensive structure.

Its the right move but the Wiz is just a really bad team. Hachimura is lost on defense, RW does his own thing on defense that leads to a lot of miscommunication while Beal is a lazy defender.

Yeah I mean it's hard to say any adjustment they made worked. The starters put up a 171.7 offensive rating.

They tried to negate the size advantage Harris would have had by playing Bertans, but he in turn negated that by playing terribly.

They just don't seem like they have any answers.


They really dont have a chance.

Wiz and Hornets were two of the teams i’d want us to face because I dont really feel they had a chance to beat us.

The 3 games against the wiz feels like regular season basketball.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
Murray_17
Veteran
Posts: 2,856
And1: 2,746
Joined: Mar 20, 2020
   

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#170 » by Murray_17 » Sun May 30, 2021 4:49 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:That was the best kind of win... boring as **** :lol:

Brooms are out on Monday.


Turning off a playoff game for almost the entirety of the 4th quarter because there's no point in finishing feels.... Wrong? Right? I dunno. But do we even need to bother with a 4th game?


I just don't want to see us lose that 4th game. You can expect Westbrook and Beal to continue fighting, but it won't be enough. Still, I don't want to see us "Sixer" one up for stupid reasons.



Westbrook is posting 17.3 points on 15 shots and a 49.5% %TS. That's just putrid.

Beal is doing somewhat better (30 points on 53.6% %TS) but his awful 3 point shot for the series is killing him, he's shooting worse from 3 than Westbrook and he's taking 6 per game.

Yeah, a lot of this is our defense and Brooks bad coaching, but both of them are playing under what they should if they want to even win one game.
thenbaman
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,462
And1: 274
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
 

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#171 » by thenbaman » Sun May 30, 2021 11:49 pm

stormi wrote:i hope nobody gets popcorned

Who bitches about free popcorn.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 47,293
And1: 14,991
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 3 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Saturday 5/29 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#172 » by 76ciology » Mon May 31, 2021 1:35 pm

Sign of a team in trouble. Keep adjusting finding balance.

Sign of a superior team. Does not even have to pull out their A game. Last game our third option beat them. This game our 4th and 5th options beat them. While Wiz has to rely on Beal for offense.

Wiz just wants it to be over. These millionaires are just getting embarrassed out there that they’re faking injuries to skip the experience of defeat.

Im happy we didnt go after Bradley Beal. His offense can’t move the needle while he’s just sleeping on defense. Rich man’s Buddy Hield.

For the Wiz to beat us there should be two events. We intentionally try to lose a game or Beal has to drop atleast 45pts.

When Embiid shoots better than Beal on 3s, Wiz got no chance.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers