ImageImageImage

Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

cool93
Veteran
Posts: 2,594
And1: 1,572
Joined: Jul 24, 2016
 

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#781 » by cool93 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:11 am

Slick SickSir wrote:
Not true. Ben simmons and brett browns coddling of simmons is why he left. He has said as much without saying it in those exact words. He has made it no secret that is why he left. Puuulease


Yup. And I'll never understand why Doc chose exactly the same strategy.
Slick SickSir
Junior
Posts: 297
And1: 160
Joined: Mar 17, 2021
     

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#782 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:11 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:Yall be like the mom of those sick in the head kids who be all sorts of **** up but the mom keep denying it and blaming the teachers and all the 10 diff schools they have been too. Yall are that mom. Ben is that kid.


What the hell are you even talking about? Terrible analogy! Clearly you overthought that one in a futile attempt to sound clever.
Some of us are discussing this rationally. You're being borderline obnoxious at this point. Congrats on trying to sound cool, but being annoying instead. Throwing insults around because someone has a different opinion than you on the internet is just a lazy, unintelligent approach. You sound as if you have basketball tourettes at this point. "BEN SIMMONS SUCKS"! Over and over again. Not one solid point has been made in your 82 posts on RealGM. Everything is just witless and insulting. It's getting old.
I apologize....Not all of us type or speak on a 8th grade level.

Oh, and Butler left because of issues with Brett Brown. You'd know that if you didn't just assume **** all the time.


You arent discussing anything rationally. You are discussing the same excuses as most sixer fans have been doing for 4 years now. If anything thats irrational.

The problem is clear, you continue to look past it with "ya buts" as excuses.

Jimmy left because of simmons amd how brett brown coddled him. He has made this pretry damn clear esp on JJs podcast

But again, more irrational denial
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 47,753
And1: 11,191
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#783 » by Stanford » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:11 am

Slick SickSir wrote:Not true. Ben simmons and brett browns coddling of simmons is why he left. He has said as much without saying it in those exact words. He has made it no secret that is why he left. Puuulease


Like Vivec, Jimmy Butler is a liar. You can't believe anything he says.
Image
User avatar
Embiid P
Analyst
Posts: 3,260
And1: 961
Joined: Nov 07, 2013
     

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#784 » by Embiid P » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:12 am

Slick SickSir wrote:Just imagine if hinkie was our GM all this time. He would have identified simmons as a 6'11 MCW years ago and would have traded him for booker years ago when we would have been able to do so.

Had that happened we would be preparing for our parade right now.

Ben simmons is a 6'11 MCW. Thats his comp. Strait up. I remember seeing sixer fans clown on booker years ago when hypothetical trades were brought up. Saying how simmons for booker was a joke.

Lmfao. Now look. We couldnt get booker if we offered simmons maxey thybulle and 4 firsts

LOL.


In defense of MCW, even though he was a bad shooter, he at least took the occasional jump shot to keep the opposing defense honest. You can't even say that about Simmons.
Slick SickSir
Junior
Posts: 297
And1: 160
Joined: Mar 17, 2021
     

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#785 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:13 am

cool93 wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:
Not true. Ben simmons and brett browns coddling of simmons is why he left. He has said as much without saying it in those exact words. He has made it no secret that is why he left. Puuulease


Yup. And I'll never understand why Doc chose exactly the same strategy.


Me either. Doc's quotes all year have left me confused. I keep thinking its in order to keep the team morale good and keep his value high. Cant have the coach saying otherwise. But now I am genuinely worried we will be running this back for year 5 again with the same tired excuses and will have the same result next year
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
Posts: 16,101
And1: 1,593
Joined: Mar 17, 2004

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#786 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:13 am

Slick SickSir wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:Yall be like the mom of those sick in the head kids who be all sorts of **** up but the mom keep denying it and blaming the teachers and all the 10 diff schools they have been too. Yall are that mom. Ben is that kid.


What the hell are you even talking about? Terrible analogy! Clearly you overthought that one in a futile attempt to sound clever.
Some of us are discussing this rationally. You're being borderline obnoxious at this point. Congrats on trying to sound cool, but being annoying instead. Throwing insults around because someone has a different opinion than you on the internet is just a lazy, unintelligent approach. You sound as if you have basketball tourettes at this point. "BEN SIMMONS SUCKS"! Over and over again. Not one solid point has been made in your 82 posts on RealGM. Everything is just witless and insulting. It's getting old.
I apologize....Not all of us type or speak on a 8th grade level.

Oh, and Butler left because of issues with Brett Brown. You'd know that if you didn't just assume **** all the time.


You arent discussing anything rationally. You are discussing the same excuses as most sixer fans have been doing for 4 years now. If anything thats irrational.

The problem is clear, you continue to look past it with "ya buts" as excuses.

Jimmy left because of simmons amd how brett brown coddled him. He has made this pretry damn clear esp on JJs podcast

But again, more irrational denial


Yeah ok...This is going nowhere. You're extremely obnoxious, you're annoying, and you're very rude. There's only one logical way to deal with your kind.
Slick SickSir
Junior
Posts: 297
And1: 160
Joined: Mar 17, 2021
     

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#787 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:14 am

Embiid P wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:Just imagine if hinkie was our GM all this time. He would have identified simmons as a 6'11 MCW years ago and would have traded him for booker years ago when we would have been able to do so.

Had that happened we would be preparing for our parade right now.

Ben simmons is a 6'11 MCW. Thats his comp. Strait up. I remember seeing sixer fans clown on booker years ago when hypothetical trades were brought up. Saying how simmons for booker was a joke.

Lmfao. Now look. We couldnt get booker if we offered simmons maxey thybulle and 4 firsts

LOL.


In MCW's defense, even though he was a bad shooter, he at least took the occasional jump shot to keep the opposing defense honest. You can't even say that about Simmons.


True very true
Slick SickSir
Junior
Posts: 297
And1: 160
Joined: Mar 17, 2021
     

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#788 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:16 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
What the hell are you even talking about? Terrible analogy! Clearly you overthought that one in a futile attempt to sound clever.
Some of us are discussing this rationally. You're being borderline obnoxious at this point. Congrats on trying to sound cool, but being annoying instead. Throwing insults around because someone has a different opinion than you on the internet is just a lazy, unintelligent approach. You sound as if you have basketball tourettes at this point. "BEN SIMMONS SUCKS"! Over and over again. Not one solid point has been made in your 82 posts on RealGM. Everything is just witless and insulting. It's getting old.
I apologize....Not all of us type or speak on a 8th grade level.

Oh, and Butler left because of issues with Brett Brown. You'd know that if you didn't just assume **** all the time.


You arent discussing anything rationally. You are discussing the same excuses as most sixer fans have been doing for 4 years now. If anything thats irrational.

The problem is clear, you continue to look past it with "ya buts" as excuses.

Jimmy left because of simmons amd how brett brown coddled him. He has made this pretry damn clear esp on JJs podcast

But again, more irrational denial


Yeah ok...This is going nowhere. You're extremely obnoxious, you're annoying, and you're very rude. There's only one logical way to deal with your kind.


Im sorry if you think I am those things. I think you are obnoxious and irrational for refusing to admit what our real problem is and continuing to attack me for calling it out.

If you would like to stop responding then by all means do so.
DCasey91
Veteran
Posts: 2,730
And1: 1,373
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#789 » by DCasey91 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:19 am

Slick SickSir wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:Why did butler want to leave. Answer that. And answer honestly


He wanted his own team and is a what you would say a limiting time span on him. Love him as a player and his type of mentality but it does wear thin especially to younger types which I don’t care about but it can cause group volatility. But that’s his nature, his own self improvement journey is very rare for anyone in the world to get to not even mentioning basketball just life in general. Then being surrounded by catered youngsters that hasn’t done anything you can see where it ends up. Also his natural personality would clash real fast.

Though the lack of respect initially coming in left a lot to be desired, misused for a lot of the time during the stay.
Was excellent for us no doubt about it and the only time we actually had a legitimate contending team.


Not true. Ben simmons and brett browns coddling of simmons is why he left. He has said as much without saying it in those exact words. He has made it no secret that is why he left. Puuulease


Well if you read it again those aspects is exactly what I outlined exactly to a tee thanks. Lack of respect initially and throughout, pampering, calling out the bs. Him and Embiid got on like a house on fire same with Redick. Wolves it’s pretty clear cut (Towns, Wiggins, and the Heat have youngster troubles namely Herro currently.)
XtremeDunkz
Head Coach
Posts: 6,938
And1: 5,027
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
       

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#790 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:20 am

Reading this thread you would think we just got swept by the wizards. We had a bad 8 minute stretch that buried us. If it happens again in game 2 then we can hit the panic button.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Murray_17
Veteran
Posts: 2,856
And1: 2,746
Joined: Mar 20, 2020
   

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#791 » by Murray_17 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:25 am

I don't understand why the people is taking serious the guy who wanted to trade embiid 3 days ago for Lillard and now wants to pair Embiid with Lillard.

Don't waste your time
cool93
Veteran
Posts: 2,594
And1: 1,572
Joined: Jul 24, 2016
 

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#792 » by cool93 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:28 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:Reading this thread you would think we just got swept by the wizards. We had a bad 8 minute stretch that buried us. If it happens again in game 2 then we can hit the panic button.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


The biggest problem I see, is that Doc is exactly what I thought he was. A terrible coach who never makes adjustments. I don't really know why I hoped for something different having years of data as proof, but now it's obvious that we need to have a lot more talent to win any series and that idiot has 4 more years on his contract.
Slick SickSir
Junior
Posts: 297
And1: 160
Joined: Mar 17, 2021
     

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#793 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:32 am

Murray_17 wrote:I don't understand why the people is taking serious the guy who wanted to trade embiid 3 days ago for Lillard and now wants to pair Embiid with Lillard.

Don't waste your time


What in the world are you talking about?? You keep saying that if someone said that it surely wasnt me
Eyeamok
Analyst
Posts: 3,684
And1: 1,799
Joined: Mar 02, 2006

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#794 » by Eyeamok » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:14 am

cool93 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:Reading this thread you would think we just got swept by the wizards. We had a bad 8 minute stretch that buried us. If it happens again in game 2 then we can hit the panic button.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


The biggest problem I see, is that Doc is exactly what I thought he was. A terrible coach who never makes adjustments. I don't really know why I hoped for something different having years of data as proof, but now it's obvious that we need to have a lot more talent to win any series and that idiot has 4 more years on his contract.


When the 76ers come back and win this series I'll bump this post.
Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of wealth and taste.

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Analyst
Posts: 3,684
And1: 1,799
Joined: Mar 02, 2006

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#795 » by Eyeamok » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:16 am

And can I just say. Trae Young is the truth....My Cod that guy can ball !!!!
Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of wealth and taste.

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Rastas
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,566
And1: 770
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#796 » by Rastas » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:25 am

Slick SickSir wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:I don't understand why the people is taking serious the guy who wanted to trade embiid 3 days ago for Lillard and now wants to pair Embiid with Lillard.

Don't waste your time


What in the world are you talking about?? You keep saying that if someone said that it surely wasnt me
Mr SickSir I hope your getting paid well for that room Ben is renting in your head.

I will however help you out a lil here and say some may have you confused as I'm pretty sure I was the poster who suggested Dame for Embiid.
Just don't ever see Joel ever lasting a full playoff campaign.
Not ideal if that's your no1 option.

Sent from my SM-G998B using RealGM mobile app
Murray_17
Veteran
Posts: 2,856
And1: 2,746
Joined: Mar 20, 2020
   

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#797 » by Murray_17 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:29 am

Slick SickSir wrote:What in the world are you talking about?? You keep saying that if someone said that it surely wasnt me


I already quoted you in this same thread, but if you want i can do it again.

Slick SickSir wrote:Season over. And sixers get **** AGAIN.

It doesnt matter if he plays as he will be no where close to 100%. And can make it worse

Our season yet again is over from injury

Im so sick of this **** and honestly am ready to trade everyone and start over. Simmons is a bum and embiid while unreal good will NEVER EVER make it a full season and playoffs healthy

Im done


Slick SickSir wrote:Sixers wont do this... but they absolutely should move on from both embiid and simmons

Simmons is a bum and they need to trade him before what little value he has left is gone

Embiid is all world talent that will NEVER make a full post season run. Each year that goes by his injury risk climbs

They need to do some block busters like embiid package for lillard package and simmons package for a player that will fit with tobias and lillard

Something to that affect but we are going NO WHERE with these 2 but disappointment


You cant sit embiid anymore than we already do. His injuries are always fluke **** that have nothing to do with how fresh he is kept

Its over. Dont be stupid and dig our hole deeper.

However that is exactly what I expect us to do


:-?
Slick SickSir
Junior
Posts: 297
And1: 160
Joined: Mar 17, 2021
     

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#798 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:39 am

Murray_17 wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:What in the world are you talking about?? You keep saying that if someone said that it surely wasnt me


I already quoted you in this same thread, but if you want i can do it again.

Slick SickSir wrote:Season over. And sixers get **** AGAIN.

It doesnt matter if he plays as he will be no where close to 100%. And can make it worse

Our season yet again is over from injury

Im so sick of this **** and honestly am ready to trade everyone and start over. Simmons is a bum and embiid while unreal good will NEVER EVER make it a full season and playoffs healthy

Im done


Slick SickSir wrote:Sixers wont do this... but they absolutely should move on from both embiid and simmons

Simmons is a bum and they need to trade him before what little value he has left is gone

Embiid is all world talent that will NEVER make a full post season run. Each year that goes by his injury risk climbs

They need to do some block busters like embiid package for lillard package and simmons package for a player that will fit with tobias and lillard

Something to that affect but we are going NO WHERE with these 2 but disappointment


You cant sit embiid anymore than we already do. His injuries are always fluke **** that have nothing to do with how fresh he is kept

Its over. Dont be stupid and dig our hole deeper.

However that is exactly what I expect us to do


:-?


That was after embiid was announced with a torn meniscus and I was just saying embiid may never be able to stay healthy. In that same sentence I say how great he is. It was not we should trade embiid because he is a problem and holding us back. Had no idea if he was going to play again but it was tounge in cheek. Ive never wanted to trade embiid it is he we should build around. But if we dont do it soon he will not be left standing much longer
Slick SickSir
Junior
Posts: 297
And1: 160
Joined: Mar 17, 2021
     

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#799 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:40 am

Pretty obvious I wasnt saying keep simmons and build around him and trade embiid.. it was **** we just lost another year in our window and embiid may have a torn up knee just blow it all up angry talk.

I def do not want to trade embiid and keep simmons
Murray_17
Veteran
Posts: 2,856
And1: 2,746
Joined: Mar 20, 2020
   

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#800 » by Murray_17 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:47 am

Slick SickSir wrote:Pretty obvious I wasnt saying keep simmons and build around him and trade embiid.. it was **** we just lost another year in our window and embiid may have a torn up knee just blow it all up angry talk.

I def do not want to trade embiid and keep simmons


You wanted to trade both and pair Dame with Tobias.... dude it's your own words out there.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers