PHI gets Bagley, Barnes, I.Smith, Haliburton, and Grant
SAC gets Simmons, Olynyk, Washington, and Reed
Padawan
Junior
And1: 2

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1202 » by Padawan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:09 pm

Assuming Kings want to trade Holmes.

Sixers trade Simmons, Milton and Danny Green for Jerami Grant, Haliburton and Diallo

Pistons trade Grant, Diallo and Olynyk for Hield, Milton, Holmes and Bagley

Kings trade Haliburton, Hield, Holmes, Bagley for Simmons, Olynyk and Green

Sixers get a strong upgrade with Grant and a good young piece with Haliburton. I am unsure whether they would need picks added to this package (but likely). Diallo as an added shooter/guard - unsure whether frontcourt help wouldn't be best here and if so this is east to work out with these 2 teams. I'm assuming shedding Green's salary is a positive although salary is not guaranteed next season.

Pistons get Hield which is a good fit with Cunningham + Holmes as a player on their development timetable on a reasonable contract. I'm taking it that shedding Olynyk's salary is a positive.

Kings get Simmons and keep Fox and Barnes.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#1203 » by the_process » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:39 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

This would honestly be the funniest thing I've seen this NBA season. The Rockets using John Wall and Russell Westbrook to drain teams of their capital is a galaxy brain move.

This post from the ATL thread got me thinking:

HOU gets Westbrook and 2026 LAL 1st
LAL gets Fox and Bagley
PHI gets Wall, Barnes, Thompson, 2022 SAC 1st, and 2028 LAL 1st
SAC gets Simmons and Harris
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#1204 » by PhillyNj » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:51 pm

the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

This would honestly be the funniest thing I've seen this NBA season. The Rockets using John Wall and Russell Westbrook to drain teams of their capital is a galaxy brain move.

LAL gets Fox and Bagley

The Sixers don’t want Westbrook or Wall. This trade is as bad as they get. You actually have to want the player coming back.
Padawan
Junior
And1: 2

Post#1205 » by Padawan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:47 pm

Fox would always go to another team. Fox + young assets from the Sixers + draft capital from the Kings would then be used to get the Sixers a player of a higher caliber. I cannot believe anyone is considering adding Fox to a team that already has Maxey, noting that Curry is not going anywhere...
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#1206 » by youngcrev » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:51 am

the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

LAL gets Fox and Bagley

You'd rather have Wall's awful contract and a 1st 6 years from now than Fox and Bagley?
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#1207 » by Black Mage » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:03 am

::Updated::

The two non-Ben Simmons and Tobias moves that could be considered tweaking the margins would be:

Kork and picks to get Batum from the Clippers.

Danny and picks to get Josh Hart from the Pelicans.

I think Hart would be easier to get than Batum, but both would be considerable upgrades to the roster and adding solid depth with better two-way players than the ones we shipped out.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1208 » by the_process » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:31 am

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

LAL gets Fox and Bagley

You'd rather have Wall's awful contract and a 1st 6 years from now than Fox and Bagley?

It’s easier to parlay Wall and a 1st into a guy like Harden IMO in the summer. Wall will be a huge expiring, a 1st is a 1st.

Also Wall helps now, last year he was shooting it at a decent clip. He certainly won’t be shooting any worse than Fox does. I can also see Wall and Maxey managing to co-exist decently, Fox no way. Bagley is not even a rotation player, he doesn’t even figure into the math.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1209 » by the_process » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:32 am

Black Mage wrote:::Updated::

The two non-Ben Simmons and Tobias moves that could be considered tweaking the margins would be:

Kork and picks to get Batum from the Clippers.

Danny and picks to get Josh Hart from the Pelicans.

I think Hart would be easier to get than Batum, but both would be considerable upgrades to the roster and adding solid depth with better two-way players than the ones we shipped out.

Green and a couple 2nds for Hart would be a very solid move IMO.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1210 » by the_process » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:54 am

It should go without saying that dumping Tobias needs to be moved up the list of priorities.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#1211 » by Black Mage » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:04 am

the_process wrote:It should go without saying that dumping Tobias needs to be moved up the list of priorities.

Depending on what happens in the Simmons deal, I would be willing to throw 2 firsts with Harris to get Collins out of Atlanta.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1212 » by youngcrev » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:09 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:

LAL gets Fox and Bagley

It’s easier to parlay Wall and a 1st into a guy like Harden IMO in the summer. Wall will be a huge expiring, a 1st is a 1st.

Also Wall helps now, last year he was shooting it at a decent clip. He certainly won’t be shooting any worse than Fox does. I can also see Wall and Maxey managing to co-exist decently, Fox no way. Bagley is not even a rotation player, he doesn’t even figure into the math.

But why would the Nets care about getting a large expiring and a first over guys that can actually help them win now? Just in a pure value sense, I'd have letting Harden walk as a more desirable outcome for them than paying Wall a ridiculous sum of money for a year and a 1st way down the road.

Honestly, if we're banking on a Harden S&T, keeping Simmons is probably our best bet.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1213 » by the_process » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:39 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

But why would the Nets care about getting a large expiring and a first over guys that can actually help them win now? Just in a pure value sense, I'd have letting Harden walk as a more desirable outcome for them than paying Wall a ridiculous sum of money for a year and a 1st way down the road.

Honestly, if we're banking on a Harden S&T, keeping Simmons is probably our best bet.

Who says BKN has to take Wall? He’ll be expiring, add the 1st to him and move him elsewhere. OKC or SAS should be willing to get paid to take Wall for a year. Then just sign Harden outright.

Also based on what we saw last year, Wall can still play as well. So it might be just as easy (or easier?) to sell BKN on taking Wall in a S&T for a year as opposed to Simmons for 3.

Either scenario works.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1214 » by youngcrev » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:53 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:

Who says BKN has to take Wall? He’ll be expiring, add the 1st to him and move him elsewhere. OKC or SAS should be willing to get paid to take Wall for a year. Then just sign Harden outright.

Also based on what we saw last year, Wall can still play as well. So it might be just as easy (or easier?) to sell BKN on taking Wall in a S&T for a year as opposed to Simmons for 3.

Either scenario works.

An expiring contract has no inherent value, other then being able to match salary without forcing a team to take back money beyond the year. John Wall on a 1 year, $47M contract is still a negative value proposition. Fox has significantly more value than that albatross+a 1st 6 years from now.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1215 » by the_process » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:05 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Either scenario works.

An expiring contract has no inherent value, other then being able to match salary without forcing a team to take back money beyond the year. John Wall on a 1 year, $47M contract is still a negative value proposition. Fox has significantly more value than that albatross+a 1st 6 years from now.

You seem to overlooking the fact that Wall can still play. And if you’re locked into Simmons for 3 years and he continues to be scared to dunk a basketball because he might get fouled? What value proposition is that?

Anyway, I think Wall helps this year. And then he should be fairly easy to move off of (with the extra assets acquired) in the summer to clear cap room for Harden.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1216 » by youngcrev » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:34 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:

Either scenario works.

You seem to overlooking the fact that Wall can still play. And if you’re locked into Simmons for 3 years and he continues to be scared to dunk a basketball because he might get fouled? What value proposition is that?

Anyway, I think Wall helps this year. And then he should be fairly easy to move off of (with the extra assets acquired) in the summer to clear cap room for Harden.

Can he? Hasn't played this year. Played 40 games last year and put up 20 points on terrible efficiency. Didn't play the year before.

He might have something left in the tank, but certainly not anywhere near his price point. Those elite athlete guards that never learn to shoot don't tend to have a ton of on court value once that athleticism starts to wane.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1217 » by the_process » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:59 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Can he? Hasn't played this year. Played 40 games last year and put up 20 points on terrible efficiency. Didn't play the year before.

He might have something left in the tank, but certainly not anywhere near his price point. Those elite athlete guards that never learn to shoot don't tend to have a ton of on court value once that athleticism starts to wane.

Last year's Wall on this team helps. Even if you assume he's 20% worse, he still helps. And then you move him for cap room in the summer, which won't be as hard as trying to flip Simmons for an All-Star IMO.

But maybe Morey knows he can do a Simmons-Harden deal in the summer already, and so he either fleeces Sacto or just waits. Possible.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#1218 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:14 pm

If they use Simmons in a sign and trade for a 33 year old Harden for salary matching I will literally find a new team. It would be worse than any billy king trade ever made
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1219 » by youngcrev » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:18 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:

Last year's Wall on this team helps. Even if you assume he's 20% worse, he still helps. And then you move him for cap room in the summer, which won't be as hard as trying to flip Simmons for an All-Star IMO.

But maybe Morey knows he can do a Simmons-Harden deal in the summer already, and so he either fleeces Sacto or just waits. Possible.

Move him for cap room, as in have another team absorb 47M into their cap? Who's doing that? And at what cost? I don't think that's an easy ask at all.

As for whether he helps now... Consider me doubtful. It's not likely that he's going to come in and accept some minor role here, and he'd be cutting into Maxey's role, who is probably a better player at this stage.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1220 » by the_process » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:16 am

DAL gets Harris and Green
DET gets Powell, Springer, and PHI 1st
PHI gets Hardaway and Grant

Return to Philadelphia 76ers