Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,479

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#261 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:24 am

Toronto in: George Hill, 1st round pick, 2 2nds
Toronto out: Kyle Lowry S&T

The Raptors let Lowry go to a choice destination, picking up a 1st and a veteran backup for their trouble.

Portland in: Tobias Harris, Shake Milton
Portland out: CJ McCollum, 2 2nd round picks

The Blazers get bigger in an effort to actually play some defense. Powell, Shake and Simons try to pick up the slack at SG.

Philadelphia in: CJ McCollum and Kyle Lowry (S&T)
Philadelphia out: Tobias Harris, George Hill, Shake, 1st

The Sixers slide Ben to the 4 and make the type of veteran additions to the backcourt that could put them over the edge. Re-sign Danny and try to get a stretch 5 in town.

Lowry / Maxey
CJ / Curry
Green / Thybulle
Simmons / -
Embiid / -
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#262 » by Rastas » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:31 am

76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Wait we are talking about Luka here?

Arguably the most prized asset in the whole entire NBA and then some.

Embiid is my favorite player but even he would make that trade LMFAO.

We just got a top 15 all time player potential if that happens.

This would be the biggest trade heist ever.

.... he makes Powell seem decent ffs

It’s Embiid +

Not Luka + lmao.

Seriously if Luka was available everything would stop and a the biggest bidding war would take place. Legit every team would come up with a package overnight

Pelicans would parcel Ingram, Ball S&T and picks so fast lmao

Embiid isn’t durable never has been.

Yup Luka.

We’ll win that bid war if we put Embiid on the table.

Personally i find Luka to be overrated but he’s the best return I can find for Embiid.

Another one is Steph.

As a non fan of both Luka and Embiid I can calmly state Luka's value way above Joel's going forward.
Steph's value would be slightly above Embiid's going forward. (But can't see the Warriors doing it)
Davis , Kat +, Beal+ or possibly Harden would be closer to Joel's potential trade value.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,591

Post#263 » by 76ciology » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:41 am

Rastas wrote:
76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Wait we are talking about Luka here?

Arguably the most prized asset in the whole entire NBA and then some.

Embiid is my favorite player but even he would make that trade LMFAO.

We just got a top 15 all time player potential if that happens.

This would be the biggest trade heist ever.

.... he makes Powell seem decent ffs

It’s Embiid +

Not Luka + lmao.

Seriously if Luka was available everything would stop and a the biggest bidding war would take place. Legit every team would come up with a package overnight

Pelicans would parcel Ingram, Ball S&T and picks so fast lmao

Embiid isn’t durable never has been.

Yup Luka.

We’ll win that bid war if we put Embiid on the table.

Personally i find Luka to be overrated but he’s the best return I can find for Embiid.

Another one is Steph.

As a non fan of both Luka and Embiid I can calmly state Luka's value way above Joel's going forward.
Steph's value would be slightly above Embiid's going forward. (But can't see the Warriors doing it)
Davis , Kat +, Beal+ or possibly Harden would be closer to Joel's potential trade value.

That’s fair.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,313

Post#264 » by DCasey91 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:54 am

Hawks best rebounding team in the East maybe they were underrated this whole time.

Bucks PNR defense and 3ball defense is shocking to say the least for such a supposedly good team.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,204

Post#265 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:10 pm

youngcrev wrote:Toronto in: George Hill, 1st round pick, 2 2nds
Toronto out: Kyle Lowry S&T

The Raptors let Lowry go to a choice destination, picking up a 1st and a veteran backup for their trouble.

Portland in: Tobias Harris, Shake Milton
Portland out: CJ McCollum, 2 2nd round picks

The Blazers get bigger in an effort to actually play some defense. Powell, Shake and Simons try to pick up the slack at SG.

Philadelphia in: CJ McCollum and Kyle Lowry (S&T)
Philadelphia out: Tobias Harris, George Hill, Shake, 1st

The Sixers slide Ben to the 4 and make the type of veteran additions to the backcourt that could put them over the edge. Re-sign Danny and try to get a stretch 5 in town.

Lowry / Maxey
CJ / Curry
Green / Thybulle
Simmons / -
Embiid / -

I like this a lot. I would still look to trade Ben as well though. I don't think he can come back to Philly after that performance.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ciology
RealGM

Post#266 » by 76ciology » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:29 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Hawks best rebounding team in the East maybe they were underrated this whole time.

Bucks PNR defense and 3ball defense is shocking to say the least for such a supposedly good team.

Yeah. But there’s really no solution for the PnR.

So with that said, you’re just fighting a losing battle without constructing an elite PnR team when the playoffs is just a scoring contest of the ball handler off a 2 man screen play.

Just think about it. Seth Curry off the screen play might be our best offensive action. It’s not only generating high points per possession but it’s also a lot less TO prone than the Embiid iso/post play.

Ive said before the Hawks series..

If Sixers can’t stop Trae Young and his PnR, no team can.

How can anyone do a better job on those PnR defense when we have a DPOY caliber big and a DPOY caliber wing defending that PnR? Weve tried ICE, giving up mid range and staying with shooters, hedge, and trapping.

I dont know what my sentiment will be after a month from now. But right now it’s “if you can’t beat them, join them”
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,744

Post#267 » by the_process » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:53 pm

76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Hawks best rebounding team in the East maybe they were underrated this whole time.

So with that said, you’re just fighting a losing battle without constructing an elite PnR team when the playoffs is just a scoring contest of the ball handler off a 2 man screen play.

Just think about it. Seth Curry off the screen play might be our best offensive action. It’s not only generating high points per possession but it’s also a lot less TO prone than the Embiid iso/post play.

How can anyone do a better job on those PnR defense when we have a DPOY caliber big and a DPOY caliber wing defending that PnR? Weve tried ICE, giving up mid range and staying with shooters, hedge, and trapping.

I dont know what my sentiment will be after a month from now. But right now it’s “if you can’t beat them, join them”

If Kawhi is out for the series, then PHX should win that.

Going out on a limb and saying that if ATL somehow beats MIL, they will get swept by PHX.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#268 » by 76ciology » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:59 pm

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Going out on a limb and saying that if ATL somehow beats MIL, they will get swept by PHX.

Seems to me right now is just a contest of how good your ballhandlers are scoring from the 2 man screen play.

And Suns is the best right now with CP3 and booker.

If I have to rank the teams right now based on this:
1.) Suns
2,) Hawks
3.) Bucks
4.) Clippers (w/o Kawhi)

The biggest problem for the league. Well, depends on your POV, is both Suns and Hawks plays the same style of play. And as they say.. too much of something good is bad. Will the people enjoy both teams just running PnRs?

Everything is just noise. What matters a lot is how good you can score off the 2 man screen play.
the_process
RealGM

Post#269 » by the_process » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:10 pm

76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Seems to me right now is just a contest of how good your ballhandlers are scoring from the 2 man screen play.

1.) Suns
2,) Hawks
3.) Bucks
4.) Clippers (w/o Kawhi)

The biggest problem for the league. Well, depends on your POV, is both Suns and Hawks plays the same style of play. And as they say.. too much of something good is bad. Will the people enjoy both teams just running PnRs?

Everything is just noise. What matters a lot is how good you can score off the 2 man screen play.

ATL-PHX finals will not get good ratings. Then again, neither will MIL-PHX.

The League would really, really like the Clippers to be in there. But if Kawhi is out, it’s an uphill battle.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,551

Post#270 » by SixthStreet » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:50 pm

If Embiid had a healthy meniscus we would have significantly slowed down Young. Embiid has to manage effort and sacrificed all out explosive defensive movement. His injury is the main reason Young went off as a playmaker and dunk creator.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#271 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:08 pm

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:

1.) Suns
2,) Hawks
3.) Bucks
4.) Clippers (w/o Kawhi)

The League would really, really like the Clippers to be in there. But if Kawhi is out, it’s an uphill battle.

I think the opposite. PHX is the funnest team left and the NBA would love for Trae to immerge as a big time, marketable star.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#272 » by 76ciology » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:03 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:

1.) Suns
2,) Hawks
3.) Bucks
4.) Clippers (w/o Kawhi)

I think the opposite. PHX is the funnest team left and the NBA would love for Trae to immerge as a big time, marketable star.

Agree with youngcrev here. I think Phx is the funnest team to watch. I even had the Hawks as second.

It’s just i dont know if it will be fun if both teams would just play the same style for the full 48 of a 7 game series.

But I dont know man.. its fun seeing this tit for tat basketball and the team not making the shot when the time is up loses, honestly.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#273 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:04 pm

Sexton and Love for Tobias and 1st rd. Or shake.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#274 » by DCasey91 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:09 pm

I’d enjoy it immensely tbh. The two best skilled teams left?

As great as CP3 is Suns broke the hell out last year. Having three youngsters peaking or entering their prime years altogether at different positions and bring value to their skillsets is superb stuff. Sprinkle in some vets, a gun coach and a deep list. Well what do you know?

2 years ago Suns were a laughing stock. Always the fish is at the head first.

Btw Booker/Ayton has more synergy then Paul/Ayton. Trust me on that watched the Suns all year.

Hawks was pleasing to the eye. We can be unwatchable even at our best.

Best performing team for me all year long. Most balanced too.

Heck yes. It’s 2021 new decade, time for the takeover of the young ones.
the_process
RealGM

Post#275 » by the_process » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:17 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:

1.) Suns
2,) Hawks
3.) Bucks
4.) Clippers (w/o Kawhi)

The league loves to market new, young stars, sure. But networks love ratings. Casual fans are not turning on a PHX-ATL game even with Booker and Trae. LA is a huge market with lots of eyeballs and casual fans around the country will see Los Angeles in the ads and tune in. It’s not just NBA players who only want be in LA or NY or Miami.
the_process
RealGM

Post#276 » by the_process » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:19 pm

So Klutch is now involved on the Ben deal. Or at least Rich Paul met with Morey about it. Can Rich sell Ben on Cleveland?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#277 » by 76ciology » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:33 pm

I hate Klutch.

In our next rebuild, I dont want to have players from Klutch.

Klutch lucked out on Trae. That’s it.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#278 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:03 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:

The league loves to market new, young stars, sure. But networks love ratings. Casual fans are not turning on a PHX-ATL game even with Booker and Trae. LA is a huge market with lots of eyeballs and casual fans around the country will see Los Angeles in the ads and tune in. It’s not just NBA players who only want be in LA or NY or Miami.

Ratings are apparently way up thus far in the playoffs, we'll see if that traditional wisdom is correct.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#279 » by DCasey91 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:05 pm

No they didn’t in fact if anything Trae has been underrated since his rookie season. He’s getting the chocolates now but make no mistake Trae is very very high iq player.

Best way to combat him:

If they are behind he takes on a scorers job then implement your defense as he’s a scorer

If they are in front he trends more towards a pure pg role set the defense accordingly.

The tricky part is he’s hot on the shooting. Then you are going to have a long night.

Watch his head and eyes next game. He is special

Hawk like. Their team is very in synch with each other even with a lack of playoff exp.

Bucks have their work cut out (Giannis is way way less skilled. The Head to last player down, Males work like this it’s natural, a billion years of evolution it’s so obvious).
the_process
RealGM

Post#280 » by the_process » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:18 pm

76ciology wrote:I hate Klutch.

In our next rebuild, I dont want to have players from Klutch.

Klutch lucked out on Trae. That’s it.

I feel like they will help negotiate a better deal in this instance. I suppose it depends on clear headed Ben’s family is about the situation. If they’re smart, they tell Ben to lay low in a small market and put up numbers and All-Star berths and All-Defensive teams for a few years before his next FA.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers