ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#81 » by Arsenal » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:54 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I actually think a Minnesota trade would make sense because Towns and Russell have clout within the organization and can push hard for a trade. If that's the case, I'm asking for a massive first rounder picks and swap return and Jarred Vanderbilt, who is, ironically, a self aware Ben Simmons (he knows he's a PF that has passing ability and elite defense but isn't going to demand to be a PG).

For sure it would be great to fleece them. I'd be more than happy w/just Rubio + Cade or Jalen though.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#82 » by cool93 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:10 pm

Again, why would Embiid in his prime want to play with a rookie? Doesn't make any sence.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#83 » by the_process » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:47 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:Portland has interesting pieces outside of Dame and CJ. I wonder if they'd empty their asset chamber for Simmons. I would think a big three of Lillard, CJ, and Simmons would have to be intriguing. I'd take Simons, Collins, Cov, and a couple picks. Too bad they moved Trent at the deadline.

Jesus. Which missed free throw (or beer) was that after?

You can only take so much blunt force trauma to the head :lol:

Speaking of which, a damn good drinking game would be drink after every missed Ben FT.

Be trashed by the end of the game. :lol:
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#84 » by Arsenal » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:51 pm

cool93 wrote:Again, why would Embiid in his prime want to play with a rookie? Doesn't make any sence.

Yeah I'm sure he'd rather play the rest of his career with Ben Simmons lol.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Post#85 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:53 pm

the_process wrote:
the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Jesus. Which missed free throw (or beer) was that after?

You can only take so much blunt force trauma to the head :lol:

Speaking of which, a damn good drinking game would be drink after every missed Ben FT.

Be trashed by the end of the game. :lol:

Drinking is not a game, I take it far more seriously than that, especially during games like that.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,843

Post#86 » by Mik317 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:55 pm

cool93 wrote:Again, why would Embiid in his prime want to play with a rookie? Doesn't make any sence.

he won't but my guess is that he probably misses a bulk of next year anyway
#NeverGonnaBeGood
the_process
RealGM

Post#87 » by the_process » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:02 pm

I'm not sure how "win now" this team can be at this point. They are a disaster.

This is arguably worse than last year. Last year, you at least understood that the roster was ******^ awful. This year, they are clearly far less than the sum of their parts.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,829

Post#88 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:12 pm

Here's the type of guy you want to go to inside of 2 minutes. Every other highlight is a foul drawn and he's cooking Sixer villains like Marcus Smart and Bradley Beal in crunch time. He's not the type to go silent for and ENTIRE HALF OF BASKETBALL!
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#89 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:22 pm

Can we even do a S&T for Derozan? Isn’t there some rule about being over the cap?

Edit: I’d be all for it btw, esp if Lowry tags along. Maybe Derozan, Murray, and 1st for Simmons + Hill?
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#90 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:34 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Can we even do a S&T for Derozan? Isn’t there some rule about being over the cap?

Edit: I’d be all for it btw, esp if Lowry tags along. Maybe Derozan, Murray, and 1st for Simmons + Hill?

First, a player who is signed and then immediately traded must be signed to a contract for three or four seasons. The first season of the contract is the only season that is required to be guaranteed, but it’s hard to imagine that DeRozan would sign a contract with large amounts of non-guaranteed money involved. This means that any team that is receiving DeRozan in a sign-and-trade would need to be willing to sign him long term.

Second, a team that trades for DeRozan would be hard-capped at the tax apron ($6 million above the luxury tax line). This means that if DeRozan is traded to a team that ends up over the tax, that team would have limited flexibility to add to their roster without making more trades to cut salary for the rest of the season.

Another thing to keep in mind is that a team over the cap would have to match salaries to trade for DeRozan. Depending on what DeRozan is interested in signing for, it may be difficult to find a team that would be willing to trade at least $20 million in salary to receive DeRozan unless the Spurs were willing to take on “bad” contracts with draft assets or young players included in the deal.

https://projectspurs.com/2020/03/06/how-a-demar-derozan-sign-and-trade-would-work/
the_process
RealGM

Post#91 » by the_process » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:35 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Can we even do a S&T for Derozan? Isn’t there some rule about being over the cap?

If you receive a player in a S&T (I would assume Harris for DeRozan?) you are hard capped (cannot go over the apron). That amount is set for $143,095,840 for 21-22. It would be very hard to stay under that without also moving Ben.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Post#92 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:38 pm

So then it's settled, we'll just throw the full MLE at him.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#93 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:42 pm

the_process wrote:

If you receive a player in a S&T you are hard capped (cannot go over the apron). That amount is set for $143,095,840 for 21-22. It would be very hard to stay under that without also moving Ben.

Okay, trade Ben.

youngcrev wrote:So then it's settled, we'll just throw the full MLE at him.

That's for Lowry.

(Disclaimer: I fully acknowledge that I have no idea how the cap works, so I'm just throwing things against the wall)
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,510

Post#94 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:15 pm

I've been a huge Simmons supporter, but I think we have to trade him at this point. Take a step back and go with youth. You aren't getting a superstar for him and I personally am not a fan of selling the future for a one or two year rental of a player. I don't think you can move Tobias Harris so we'll leave him out of it.
As far as Simmons goes, I think Minnesota, Portland, and possibly Golden State make the most viable options. This is going to sound crazy, but if you're dealing with Minnesota, you're asking for Anthony Edwards, or their top pick as the main return for him. I think that's fair. Simmons would then get to play with Towns and Russell which has always kind of been a speculative rumored wish of his. I personally think we'd get the best possible return if we dealt with the Wolves and I also think it's the most realistic option at this time. You're looking at either Jalen Suggs or Anthony Edwards as the main return next year. Possibly Cunningham or Green I guess too? It's the best way to recover from this and to keep winning. We don't mortgage the future, we gain a potential future star in one of those players that can eventually carry the team and we open up playing time for Thybulle or Maxey or both. It's a youth movement with Embiid and Tobais Harris as the veterans leading the way. It doesn't sound as awful as people are making it out to be. We aren't getting a treasure chest of jewels for Ben Simmons, but we can get a good player back in return if we play this right. This also doesn't screw Minnesota either imo. D'Russ and Towns are perfect players to pair with Simmons. It's a fair trade all around. From what I remember, Minnesota didn't even want Edwards. Who knows, this may be a deal already agreed upon secretly.

Portland is a little bit more difficult. You're looking at CJ Mcollum as the return. I love CJ as a player, and I think he would be great here. It's a trade I would personally do, but we would also need a draft pick coming back if that were possible.

Golden State only works if they end up with the Minnesota pick. They can trade their pick and possibly Andrew Wiggins to us for Simmons and another player. I feel like Simmons and Green together on the floor would be a terrible pairing on offense, but defensively it would be awesome. Klay and Steph in the mix and Simmons might fit quite well in GS. We would get Wiggins (yay), but again, the lotto pick coming back would be the real gem.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,556

Post#95 » by 76ciology » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:55 pm

If Bulls ends up having the top 4 pick, which allows them to retain their pick.

I’d trade Ben for Coby White and the 4th pick.

Bulls will overpay for Ben because Ben is the perfect glue guy for Lavine and Vuc.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
the_process
RealGM

Post#96 » by the_process » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:00 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I've been a huge Simmons supporter, but I think we have to trade him at this point. Take a step back and go with youth. You aren't getting a superstar for him and I personally am not a fan of selling the future for a one or two year rental of a player. I don't think you can move Tobias Harris so we'll leave him out of it.
As far as Simmons goes, I think Minnesota, Portland, and possibly Golden State make the most viable options. This is going to sound crazy, but if you're dealing with Minnesota, you're asking for Anthony Edwards, or their top pick as the main return for him. I think that's fair. Simmons would then get to play with Towns and Russell which has always kind of been a speculative rumored wish of his. I personally think we'd get the best possible return if we dealt with the Wolves and I also think it's the most realistic option at this time. You're looking at either Jalen Suggs or Anthony Edwards as the main return next year. Possibly Cunningham or Green I guess too? It's the best way to recover from this and to keep winning. We don't mortgage the future, we gain a potential future star in one of those players that can eventually carry the team and we open up playing time for Thybulle or Maxey or both. It's a youth movement with Embiid and Tobais Harris as the veterans leading the way. It doesn't sound as awful as people are making it out to be. We aren't getting a treasure chest of jewels for Ben Simmons, but we can get a good player back in return if we play this right. This also doesn't screw Minnesota either imo. D'Russ and Towns are perfect players to pair with Simmons. It's a fair trade all around. From what I remember, Minnesota didn't even want Edwards. Who knows, this may be a deal already agreed upon secretly.

Portland is a little bit more difficult. You're looking at CJ Mcollum as the return. I love CJ as a player, and I think he would be great here. It's a trade I would personally do, but we would also need a draft pick coming back if that were possible.

Golden State only works if they end up with the Minnesota pick. They can trade their pick and possibly Andrew Wiggins to us for Simmons and another player. I feel like Simmons and Green together on the floor would be a terrible pairing on offense, but defensively it would be awesome. Klay and Steph in the mix and Simmons might fit quite well in GS. We would get Wiggins (yay), but again, the lotto pick coming back would be the real gem.

GSW would have to find a taker for Green and Wiggins IMO. I mean, the Kings are still in the league so there is always hope? :lol:
Slick SickSir
Junior
And1: 227

Post#97 » by Slick SickSir » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:27 pm

Minny and GSW are 2 of the only teams that ben make work well at. Mayne chicago as well

I agree that is likely our best chances to get solid value

I would do edwards and their 1st round pick for simmons instantly. However how do u match salary?

I would do simmons and a 1st for lavine.. chicago is down 2 first now.. they have white, vuc, and their PF whose name escapes me that can all shoot outside

GSW only works if we get a top pick in return but they are my least desirable option
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,843

Post#98 » by Mik317 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:36 pm

The Wolves aren't trading Edwards for Ben.
The Bulls aren't trading Lavine period.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Slick SickSir
Junior
And1: 227

Post#99 » by Slick SickSir » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:52 pm

Mik317 wrote:The Wolves aren't trading Edwards for Ben.

Bulls have a similar player in white... as in all offense big time shooter on a rookie deal

They have a spacing 4 and spacing 5

They are down 2 first round picks from the orlando deal

Ben and 2 firsts maybe throw in shake may land lavine as its pretty apparent lavine and their current siuation with no 1st rounders isnt going to get **** done

They may make that deal.

Minnesota... well.. id probly trade ben for their first rounder alone. Are rhey under the cap and able to eat his deal or have to match?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,510

Post#100 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:55 pm

Mik317 wrote:The Wolves aren't trading Edwards for Ben.

Then you take Russell in exchange for Simmons. Minnesota wants to move on from him. I got blasted on here for suggesting that a while back, but Russell would make sense. I also mentioned Minnesotas draft pick should they keep it. Either one would be fine by me. Result would be the same. A shot creating point guard to pair with Embiid. Russell is more along the lines of the fallen star player that you hope reclaims all star value. He very easily could with a change of scenery.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers