ImageImageImage

Playoffs: Second Round Game 2 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Tuesday 6/8 l 7:30pm l TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 2 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Tuesday 6/8 l 7:30pm l TNT 

Post#581 » by LloydFree » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:34 pm

youngcrev wrote:
DaBolden76 wrote:Simmons passive mindset was probably about collecting fouls. He probably afraid to attack the rim and collect a charge foul given Trae is so good at attracting contact and getting fouled.

I’m expecting him to be aggressive in game 3 along with the other starters to get their advantage back. I still see Sixers winning in 6.

I think it's that we have colossal mismatches that we are exploiting with Embiid and Harris, and they should continue to exploit those mismatches until the Hawks show some ability to stop them.

The starting lineup is a +31 in 46 minutes so far with a 139.4 ORTG.

Offense hasn't been an issue.

If Simmons and Thybulle can continue to give Trae issues and Embiid doesn't have any set backs, this shouldn't be too tough. Doc basically gave away game 1 with the Green and Trae matchup.

... and by playing the 9th, 10th and 11th men on the team enough minutes in the 1st and 2nd quaters, to all rack up double digit minuses in +/-.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 2 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Tuesday 6/8 l 7:30pm l TNT 

Post#582 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Hot take: If Tobi was playing like he did in two previous playoffs, we likely wouldn't have gotten out of the first round and we certainly wouldn't beat the Hawks.

I see a lot of fantasy trades sending him out this offseason, but I don't think it will be easy to find someone that will go 24, 9 and 3 in the playoffs for him. The lack of appreciation for him on the board is pretty interesting. I feel like everyone is bored of a quiet, consistent 20+ scorer.
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 217

Post#583 » by Embiid-MVP » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:05 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Hot take: If Tobi was playing like he did in two previous playoffs, we likely wouldn't have gotten out of the first round and we certainly wouldn't beat the Hawks.

I see a lot of fantasy trades sending him out this offseason, but I don't think it will be easy to find someone that will go 24, 9 and 3 in the playoffs for him. The lack of appreciation for him on the board is pretty interesting. I feel like everyone is bored of a quiet, consistent 20+ scorer.

I'll be furious we trade Tobias. I'm on the very small Tobias Wagon. I appreciate him to the fullest and believe in him so so much. I'm not moving him if it was my choice. I'd move Simmons if we had to move one of the 3. Love Simmons but if we're talking about moving one then it has to be him
:banghead:
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#584 » by sodmoraes » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:27 pm

I would prefer to move Ben than Tobias too. He's becoming a really good defender and is a very eficient player. I just whished he shoot the 3 more.
Im done with Ben, and all the drama that surronds him.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Post#585 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Hot take: If Tobi was playing like he did in two previous playoffs, we likely wouldn't have gotten out of the first round and we certainly wouldn't beat the Hawks.

I feel like that's not a hot take at all. Tobias is our second most dependable guy on offense currently. Without him we'd be praying for Seth Curry to drop 20-24 points and 4-5 threes every single game which we know isn't happening no matter how great he's looked the past 2 games.

I appreciate the hell out of Tobias this season. I was furious after the summer of 2019 especially by the end of the bubble with him, but he's has really fought back to earn the respect from fans, teammates, and opponents. The energy he brought in the beginning of Game 2 absolutely set the tone.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#586 » by Murray_17 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:50 pm

Embiid-MVP wrote:
I'll be furious we trade Tobias. I'm on the very small Tobias Wagon. I appreciate him to the fullest and believe in him so so much. I'm not moving him if it was my choice. I'd move Simmons if we had to move one of the 3. Love Simmons but if we're talking about moving one then it has to be him

I love Tobias play this season but his contract is still ridiculous and, in a big part, what limit us to make the moves we need to do in order to be a real contender.

The great thing is, with the way he's playing, he's making himself at least a tradeable player in the future in case we need to move him to free cap.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#587 » by 76ciology » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:07 am

I like Tobi than most people.

But someone tell him to stop posting up Bogdanovic and to make open 3s when on crucial moments of the game.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#588 » by BullyKing » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:19 pm

sodmoraes wrote:Im done with Ben, and all the drama that surronds him.

But the only drama is from people like you. You never hear about drama from the team. Doc supports Ben just like Brett did. The only drama is from the segment of the fanbase that cares more about how many points Ben scored than if the Sixers won the game.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#589 » by Mik317 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:37 pm

Tobias has been great.

however the fact is that he likes to get his in similar ways like Jo does and it makes the offense pretty predictable. Post ups into contested mid range shots is easy to defend or just allow them to take them and then beat us in the 3pt battle. Having a secondary option with more consistant range or one that attacks off the dribble...gives other teams another look....right now you just double or hope for the miss. Jo makes it hard because he gets fouled and attacks...Tobias doesn't.

The CJ for Tobias trade would be neat. But not sure either team does that..because despite what I said above; Tobias' size on defense is lowkey also very helpful
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 825

Post#590 » by Ferry Avenue » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:42 pm

BullyKing wrote:

But the only drama is from people like you. You never hear about drama from the team. Doc supports Ben just like Brett did. The only drama is from the segment of the fanbase that cares more about how many points Ben scored than if the Sixers won the game.

Wait till this team plays the best teams in the league in a 7-game playoff series and those points are needed.

Simmons doesn't need to score when the stakes are lower and the competition is weaker. He needs to score to make this team competitive with the Nets/Jazz/Suns (i.e., the best teams in the league) in a 7-game playoff series, when half-court scoring is key.

If Simmons, Embiid, and Harris were scoring at a high clip and the Nets were getting scoring from Durant and Irving but not Harden, the Nets' message board would likewise be concerned about their competitiveness with the Sixers in a 7-game playoff series.

That's all that's happening here, and it's a legitimate concern if you want to win a championship against the best teams in the league at the present time. And that doesn't constitute "drama."
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#591 » by BullyKing » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:43 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Wait till this team plays the best teams in the league in a 7-game playoff series and those points are needed.

Simmons doesn't need to score when the stakes are lower and the competition is weaker. He needs to score to make this team competitive with the Nets/Jazz/Suns (i.e., the best teams in the league) in a 7-game playoff series, when half-court scoring is key.

If Simmons, Embiid, and Harris were scoring at a high clip and the Nets were getting scoring from Durant and Irving but not Harden, the Nets' message board would likewise be concerned about their competitiveness with the Sixers in a 7-game playoff series.

That's all that's happening here, and it's a legitimate concern if you want to win a championship against the best teams in the league at the present time. And that doesn't constitute "drama."

I don't understand what you're arguing. If you want to claim that the Sixers need to trade Simmons for someone who is better on offense (though obviously would be exponentially worse on defense) - fine, a reasonable debate to have. But this poster was saying that he wants to trade Simmons because of the "drama" and there is no drama.

By the way, the Lakers won the championship last year. Their third leading scorer was KCP at 10 PPG in the playoffs. But please do go on about how you need three 25+ PPG players to win in the playoffs.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#592 » by zaz102 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:01 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

What's your point? He's concerning on offense, but that's not going to change. This is not an a-ha moment lol. They either need to trade him for a better offensive player or somehow get another player to surround the team with that can be. Be realistic.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#593 » by Mik317 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:49 pm

again Ben is probably legit only here because Embiid likes the guy (and Doc) and wanted another real shot it with him.

Thats the only drama that would matter lol.

Despite all of the clowning Ben takes online...you ever notice how his own peers don't clown on him? Or how none of his past teammates have bad mouthed him? Jimmy called out the coddling but that also applied to Jo.

Ben is pain on offense and again it might be time just like it was time for Brett..but drama is a bit much no?
#NeverGonnaBeGood
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,983

Post#594 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:18 am

I have nothing against Ben but he isn't the star he was billed as.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers