Tobias Harris Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,801

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#681 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:36 am

stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I’m curious, is the idea to unload him for cap relief? What’s the gameplan if everyone knows he sucks and is a negative value?

Does everyone know/think that? Do you?

I can't speak for everyone, but when I posted it, you had mentioned a reddit thread about the casual Sixer fan turning on him and someone else replied if the general fan base has caught on, then other franchises have too. With that line of thinking, what's the plan?

You remove a guy who has a decent offensive skillset with has TS last year of nearly 60% (has regressed this year with an increase offensive workload).

He's in a tough situation where he has value and would be a decent piece on a playoff team if he was on a better contract. We blew that last part and now no one will actually value him in a trade. Therefore, we sell him off with (a) pick(s) for some spare parts, maybe a few role players, and not really gain any cap flexibility if I understand our current situation correctly.

So in the end, what's it for? So we can give more minutes to our young budding star Georges Niang? I don't like the current situation either, but the bed has been made.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Post#682 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:44 am

If you want to trade Tobias, you’re most likely return
- 3&D wing non-scorer
- sub Tobi scorer guard (quickley?)
- expirings or better contract and a pick
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#683 » by Rastas » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:01 am

Tobi for Wall.
Philly get a PG.
Rockets get a Tank Commander.
If Philly need to add extra to make it work then grab a pick or 2 from Rockets bag of picks.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#684 » by stormi » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:45 pm

Deal.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,898

Post#685 » by mjkvol » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:46 pm

What we have is what we have for this season, barring some sort of miraculous return on Simmons. It's pretty clear that this isn't a team built to do much more than maybe win one playoff round if things go well, and I'd prefer not to shoot our wad at trying to 'win' this year if it means giving up any trade ammunition that could be better utilized next off season for pennies on the dollar.

We'll have a much better idea then about Maxey and Embiid as a pair moving forward (I'd love to see the high P&R with those two become a late game staple this year), and Harris will be much easier to move with only two years left on his deal. If some draft capital is acquired for Simmons, that would be the time to strike and get a piece or pieces that truly fit with Embiid, and surround him with a complimentary group for the next couple of seasons to make a legitimate run.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
stormi
General Manager

Post#686 » by stormi » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:53 pm

If 34 year old Horf who had the reputation of being washed was able to be flipped (with some comp included) with 3 years & 90 million still owed on his books, 29 year old almost all-star most underrated player in the league Tobias Harris can absolutely be flipped. I'd expect a good return too. It's up to Morey to do his due diligence.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 411

Post#687 » by Zumramania » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:24 pm

stormi wrote:If 34 year old Horf who had the reputation of being washed was able to be flipped (with some comp included) with 3 years & 90 million still owed on his books, 29 year old almost all-star most underrated player in the league Tobias Harris can absolutely be flipped. I'd expect a good return too. It's up to Morey to do his due diligence.

This is what I think as well. I suspect that Tobi developed good relations with other players and is probably Doc's darling as well, but all of them, Morey including, should be more that able to see that this he is a very bad fit here and it should be a priority to move him if they are looking to achieve any playoff success this season. If not, Joel should miss some more games lol, especially toward the end of season. A bad scenario in my opinion would be a situation where neither Ben nor Harris are moved, but we still play ok and get the fourth or third seed and then lose in the second round again with Tobi doing his thing. I will not watch that again lol.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#688 » by mjkvol » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:01 pm

stormi wrote:If 34 year old Horf who had the reputation of being washed was able to be flipped (with some comp included) with 3 years & 90 million still owed on his books, 29 year old almost all-star most underrated player in the league Tobias Harris can absolutely be flipped. I'd expect a good return too. It's up to Morey to do his due diligence.

I'd love to believe you are correct, but the comparison isn't a great one only because Horford, as a stretch 4/5, has a game you can theoretically plug into a modern offense while Harris is a dinosaur whose game was completely obsolete as soon as the Warriors happened.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#689 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:05 pm

Horford got traded for another washed player with a similar amount of guaranteed money left on his deal. I don't think that trade provides much reason to be optimistic about a return for Harris.

I think he's movable. Don't know that I'd expect that great of a return. Similar level player with a similarly bad contract. Or a lesser player with less money.
stormi
General Manager

Post#690 » by stormi » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:25 pm

Would gladly take whatever the "washed" equivalent of Danny Green that's to Tobias' fake allstar caliber. Could unearth a really nice player that fits more into the crux of a modern offense. We should be on the positive side of compensation as well.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#691 » by the_process » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:20 am

Harris and Milton to WSH
Bryant and Kuzma to TOR
Bertans and Dragic to PHI
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#692 » by Tomjas » Wed Dec 1, 2021 6:15 am

I don’t think that we’re looking to move Harris :banghead: but …

Kings are beyond crap and sinking faster than the Titanic

I’d do Tobias for Barnes & Bagley in a heartbeat

I’d even do Tobias for Hield & Bagley in a nanosecond

Worst case scenario is that we acquire a willing shooter and Bagley busts so we don’t exercise his option which, I assume, gives us a little cap flexibility
the_process
RealGM

Post#693 » by the_process » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:50 pm

Tomjas wrote:I don’t think that we’re looking to move Harris :banghead: but …

Worst case scenario is that we acquire a willing shooter and Bagley busts so we don’t exercise his option which, I assume, gives us a little cap flexibility

I'd go beyond that.

DET gets Bagley and Milton
PHI gets Barnes, Hield, and Joseph
SAC gets Harris, Curry, and Jackson

Maxey/Joseph/Springer
Hield/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/(Simmons)
Barnes/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,801

Post#694 » by Negrodamus » Wed Dec 1, 2021 5:03 pm

If I'm Sacramento, I'd say no so hard to any of these trades. Barnes is playing better this year on a cheaper contract at the same age. Hield possesses an elite trait in the NBA (3pt shooting) without giving up size. Bagley is starting to ingratiate himself with the team after the coaching change which I believe will be the case until he raises his value back up.

The only thing I'd be looking to do is trade De'Aaron Fox so I can hand the keys over to Haliburton and, to an extent, Davion Mitchell.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#695 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Dec 1, 2021 5:04 pm

the_process wrote:
Tomjas wrote:I don’t think that we’re looking to move Harris :banghead: but …

I'd go beyond that.

DET gets Bagley and Milton
PHI gets Barnes, Hield, and Joseph
SAC gets Harris, Curry, and Jackson

Maxey/Joseph/Springer
Hield/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/(Simmons)
Barnes/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey

This is pretty perfect.

Edit: Imagine if Simmons wasn't soft and played the 4 in that lineup. It's pretty much what we've been hoping for all along IF Maxey could become a perimeter closer.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#696 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Dec 1, 2021 5:28 pm

Negrodamus wrote:If I'm Sacramento, I'd say no so hard to any of these trades. Barnes is playing better this year on a cheaper contract at the same age. Hield possesses an elite trait in the NBA (3pt shooting) without giving up size. Bagley is starting to ingratiate himself with the team after the coaching change which I believe will be the case until he raises his value back up.

The only thing I'd be looking to do is trade De'Aaron Fox so I can hand the keys over to Haliburton and, to an extent, Davion Mitchell.

Simmons/Harris/Milton for Fox/Hield/Barnes?

Fox/Maxey/Springer
Hield/Curry/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Korkmaz
Barnes/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
the_process
RealGM

Post#697 » by the_process » Wed Dec 1, 2021 6:39 pm

San Antonio should have interest in Tobias.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#698 » by Tomjas » Thu Dec 2, 2021 5:24 am

Read on Twitter
TYO23
Sophomore
And1: 70

Post#699 » by TYO23 » Thu Dec 2, 2021 1:37 pm

I’d take John Wall or Wiggins at this point. Just get this dude off the team.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#700 » by mjkvol » Thu Dec 2, 2021 2:08 pm

the_process wrote:San Antonio should have interest in Tobias.

As much as I want to agree, I have trouble believing that anyone should have interest in Tobias, a JAG paid like a difference maker.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers