Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,079

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread pt. 2 

Post#961 » by Murray_17 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm

jotachase wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

If you could trade 28th and some trash to get a player on which to use the Horford exception that would be a master stroke.
Swagula
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#962 » by Swagula » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
jotachase wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

If you could trade 28th and some trash to get a player on which to use the Horford exception that would be a master stroke.

We are in a tough spot everyone knows Morey wants to move Ben and the offers are soft. We’ll have to throw in Thybulle and Maxey to get a difference maker.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#963 » by Murray_17 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:21 pm

Swagula wrote:We are in a tough spot everyone knows Morey wants to move Ben and the offers are soft. We’ll have to throw in Thybulle and Maxey to get a difference maker.

Yeah but i wasn't talking about Ben i was talking about using the Horford exception to get a suplementary playmaker or a 3&D guy in exchange for 28th plus trash. Even if we don't trade Ben this should be a priority
Swagula
Freshman

Post#964 » by Swagula » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:28 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
Swagula wrote:We are in a tough spot everyone knows Morey wants to move Ben and the offers are soft. We’ll have to throw in Thybulle and Maxey to get a difference maker.

Yeah but i wasn't talking about Ben i was talking about using the Horford exception to get a suplementary playmaker or a 3&D guy in exchange for 28th plus trash. Even if we don't trade Ben this should be a priority

Sorry

I concur
BNelley24
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#965 » by BNelley24 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:32 pm

BNelley24 wrote:I was fully on board the no way Simmons is back next year, and I dont want him to be, but it seems too quiet. I dont think Morey will be able to grab a Beal/Lavine/Lillard etc by draft, and I imagine it would be even harder post draft. Starting to feel like we'll see a minor deal on draft night for some vet.

I posted this before even seeing the Nuebeck article. I mean I guess the pain from the Hawks series is ending. It's starting to sink in that unless a player demands a trade, Ben is likely going to be a 76er next year. You never know, suddenly Washington could be like, let's blow it up, and we we leave draft night with Beal, but unless that happens I could potentially see a small deal with some picks/hill for a nice vet on draft night.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,845

Post#966 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:49 pm

Ben will be back. I've felt that way for a while. Time to mend fences and get back to work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Bones99
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#967 » by Bones99 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:23 pm

The Kings have the best group of players and cap matches for a 2-team trade. Sixers send SImmons, Matisse and Hill + this year's 1st and 2023 lightly protected 1st for Haliburton, Heild and Barnes. That Kings team all of a sudden can run and play D with the best of the West. Sixers give up D but get the shooters they need and a young PG with upside.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,672

Post#968 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Bones99 wrote:The Kings have the best group of players and cap matches for a 2-team trade. Sixers send SImmons, Matisse and Hill + this year's 1st and 2023 lightly protected 1st for Haliburton, Heild and Barnes. That Kings team all of a sudden can run and play D with the best of the West. Sixers give up D but get the shooters they need and a young PG with upside.

Awful trade scenario. And we give up firsts? I’d rather just run it back if that were the case.
Swagula
Freshman

Post#969 » by Swagula » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:27 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:Ben will be back. I've felt that way for a while. Time to mend fences and get back to work.

No way!

I’m guessing Morey can’t stand him.

You simply can’t bring him back to the locker room he has no respect from his teammates.
jotachase
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#970 » by jotachase » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:27 pm

Bones99 wrote:The Kings have the best group of players and cap matches for a 2-team trade. Sixers send SImmons, Matisse and Hill + this year's 1st and 2023 lightly protected 1st for Haliburton, Heild and Barnes. That Kings team all of a sudden can run and play D with the best of the West. Sixers give up D but get the shooters they need and a young PG with upside.

in this scenario you must be assuming that we've fired morey and hired vlade
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 725

Post#971 » by Lou_23 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Swagula wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:Ben will be back. I've felt that way for a while. Time to mend fences and get back to work.

No way!

You simply can’t bring him back to the locker room he has no respect from his teammates.
His teammates? Did you read Seth Curry or Green comments when they spoke about him?
Swagula
Freshman

Post#972 » by Swagula » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Lou_23 wrote:
Swagula wrote:

No way!

His teammates? Did you read Seth Curry or Green when they spoke about him?

Enviado desde mi CPH2135 mediante Tapatalk

Lol

Did you see what Joel said about him after he passed on a dunk cuz he is so weak mentally he thought he would have to shoot free throws?? Everybody in the NBA knows he plays scared especially in the fourth quarter.
Bones99
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#973 » by Bones99 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:36 pm

jotachase wrote:

Huh? not sure I get your point. So Haliburton, who is already a more efficient scorer than Simmons + Heild who is as good a 3pt shooter as Seth Curry/Reddick , but who is bigger and plays better D + Barnes who is a younger more athletic Danny Green with slightly less 3pt career averages is not an improvement over last year's team? Losing Matisse hurts, but Barnes is an upgrade for winning now.
BNelley24
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#974 » by BNelley24 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:39 pm

Probably have to be prepared for this happening, but damn will it be boring.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#975 » by Sixerscan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Bones99 wrote:
jotachase wrote:

Huh? not sure I get your point. So Haliburton, who is already a more efficient scorer than Simmons + Heild who is as good a 3pt shooter as Seth Curry/Reddick , but who is bigger and plays better D + Barnes who is a younger more athletic Danny Green with slightly less 3pt career averages is not an improvement over last year's team? Losing Matisse hurts, but Barnes is an upgrade for winning now.

Hield is definitely a worse defensive player than Curry.

If they ever actually traded for him, the expectation versus the reality for all the people that have been pining for Hield for years is gonna be something.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,700

Post#976 » by stormi » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:12 pm

Agree. I'm prepping for this scenario. I think we're going to hold onto Ben until Morey finds value he sees fit, or until the next superstar legitimately requests a trade. In the meantime it's back to building creatively around him & Joel.

The market just isn't there, and he isn't going to sell his top asset for nickels.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,142

Post#977 » by Arsenal » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:29 pm

stormi wrote:

Agree. I'm prepping for this scenario. I think we're going to hold onto Ben until Morey finds value he sees fit, or until the next superstar legitimately requests a trade. In the meantime it's back to building creatively around him & Joel.

The market just isn't there, and he isn't going to sell his top asset for nickels.

Which is the right approach.

Ben will only go if the main piece coming back is a superstar.

Morey wants stars, not nice role players.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#978 » by Murray_17 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Hield is definitely a worse defensive player than Curry.

If they ever actually traded for him, the expectation versus the reality for all the people that have been pining for Hield for years is gonna be something.

The Hield stuff reminds me of the years people were hyping a Gordon trade that never happened :lol:
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#979 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:32 pm

Arsenal wrote:
stormi wrote:

Which is the right approach.

Ben will only go if the main piece coming back is a superstar.

Morey wants stars, not nice role players.

So you actually think a team will trade us a superstar for Ben (and some other pieces attached to him)? why would such team do that? the best you can do is a star, but a superstar is delusion.
I am thinking with a bit of luck the best you could get is Fox or Lavine depending on how dumb the owner of the other team is and what pieces you attach to Ben. But it makes no sense that people want to get rid of Ben for his playoffs performance but at the same time expect a superstar back.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#980 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:33 pm

Simmons cannot be here past the trade deadline, it makes zero sense, his value will not increase more in the future, it will only go down, only the month before all star game it could be a bit higher due to him increasing his level for that "special event".
Great takes since 2024-04-20

Return to Philadelphia 76ers