Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 919

Re: 2021 FA Thread 

Post#901 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:24 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I disagree with that assessment. The only raw aspect of Springer's game is his shotcreating.

What's the fastest way for rookies to get on the court? Defense and moving the ball. Springer has ready made day 1 traits.

Hmm, you want to roll with Springer who plays defense and moves the ball but cant shot create... for some reason that tune feels familiar.

Can anyone tell me why a PG who plays defense, passes well but cant shoot or shot create sounds so dang familiar? :banghead:

I can assure you, Springer is not a PG.
Does anyone see Maxey as an actual point guard? He seems more SG-ish to me. Like, scoring guard, but not lead point guard.

That's what makes the Springer pick intriguing to me. Almost as if it was an insurance pick. Like in case we need to include Maxey in a Simmons trade, at least we have Springer right here.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 15,043

Post#902 » by Kobblehead » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:31 am

Black Mage wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
phillynative wrote:Why do you guys keep bringing up J.springer as if he will play this year. He is younger and more raw than Maxey was.

I disagree with that assessment. The only raw aspect of Springer's game is his shotcreating.

What's the fastest way for rookies to get on the court? Defense and moving the ball. Springer has ready made day 1 traits.

Hmm, you want to roll with Springer who plays defense and moves the ball but cant shot create... for some reason that tune feels familiar.

Can anyone tell me why a PG who plays defense, passes well but cant shoot or shot create sounds so dang familiar? :banghead:

No, Milton and Maxey would be ahead of Springer in the pecking order. And look at Springer's shooting metrics and tell me he won't be able to shoot at the next level.....Stop it
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 15,043

Post#903 » by Kobblehead » Fri Aug 6, 2021 11:34 am

In 15 starts, Springer was shooting 85% from the free throw line on 4.5 attempts per game and dudes worrying about his shooting? His jumper is going to be automatic by year 2 or 3.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#904 » by thenbaman » Fri Aug 6, 2021 1:13 pm

sodmoraes wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

I like this bulls squad
Lonzo, Caruso and Pat are good defenders, and you have 3 good scorers in Lavine, Derozan and Vuc. I wouldnt be surprised if they are better than us next season.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app

I'm sure the bulls have a thread for this on there site.
mhunt
Rookie
And1: 151

Post#905 » by mhunt » Fri Aug 6, 2021 1:18 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Black Mage wrote:

I can assure you, Springer is not a PG.
Does anyone see Maxey as an actual point guard? He seems more SG-ish to me. Like, scoring guard, but not lead point guard.

That's what makes the Springer pick intriguing to me. Almost as if it was an insurance pick. Like in case we need to include Maxey in a Simmons trade, at least we have Springer right here.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM Forums mobile app

i'd love to see maxey develop into a lou-will type scoring 6th man. i think that's his ceiling...which is fine.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 7,657

Post#906 » by Negrodamus » Fri Aug 6, 2021 1:46 pm

Kobblehead wrote:In 15 starts, Springer was shooting 85% from the free throw line on 4.5 attempts per game and dudes worrying about his shooting? His jumper is going to be automatic by year 2 or 3.

I will say his 1.8 3FG per game is troubling and worthy of consideration. He doesn't have the fastest jumper either. It's by no means broken or something that won't translate, but it's not like I'm watching Donovan Mitchell.
Sportfan73
Analyst
And1: 882

Post#907 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 4:44 pm

This Kawhi situation not being resolved until the olympics are over gives me a strange feeling some players are trying to form a super team somewhere.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 15,800

Post#908 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 6, 2021 4:47 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:This Kawhi situation not being resolved until the olympics are over gives me a strange feeling some players are trying to form a super team somewhere.

Have you heard the fantasy of dame and kawhi teaming up to play on our team?
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#909 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 6, 2021 4:48 pm

Btw, knicks being knicks. Wtf are they doing
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
Embiid P
Analyst
And1: 1,021

Post#910 » by Embiid P » Fri Aug 6, 2021 5:16 pm

76ciology wrote:Btw, knicks being knicks. Wtf are they doing

As long as they have James Dolan as their owner, we'll always have a shot in our division.
Sportfan73
Analyst

Post#911 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 5:33 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:This Kawhi situation not being resolved until the olympics are over gives me a strange feeling some players are trying to form a super team somewhere.

That’s the kind of thing Morey would try to pull. And honestly adding Kawhi and a 31 year old Dame makes our future picks that much more valuable because we become super unpredictable with Joel’s and Kawhis injury history plus dames age
76ciology
RealGM

Post#912 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 6, 2021 5:36 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

That’s the kind of thing Morey would try to pull. And honestly adding Kawhi and a 31 year old Dame makes our future picks that much more valuable because we become super unpredictable with Joel’s and Kawhis injury history plus dames age

Its crazy but read this thread.

Im not saying I agree with it nor do i think its likely.

I just read everyone’s opinion and stay open

Read on Twitter
Sportfan73
Analyst

Post#913 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 5:40 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Read on Twitter

It’s literally like the ultimate all in move. Also green is tight with Kawhi, looked like there was no chance in him coming back, and then all of the sudden resigned to a team friendly 2 year deal without saying much. I can not wait for the olympics to be over
Embiid P
Analyst
And1: 1,021

Post#914 » by Embiid P » Fri Aug 6, 2021 5:55 pm

No idea how we'd be able to land both Dame AND Kawhi given our current cap situation and limited assets. We'd probably be owing unprotected firsts for the next 20 years. That said, I'd do it for a legit 2-3 year window for a chip now.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#915 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 6, 2021 5:59 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:That’s the kind of thing Morey would try to pull. And honestly adding Kawhi and a 31 year old Dame makes our future picks that much more valuable because we become super unpredictable with Joel’s and Kawhis injury history plus dames age

Read on Twitter

It’s literally like the ultimate all in move. Also green is tight with Kawhi, looked like there was no chance in him coming back, and then all of the sudden resigned to a team friendly 2 year deal without saying much. I can not wait for the olympics to be over

Maybe. I dont want to get blue balled again :lol:
zaz102
Senior
And1: 242

Post#916 » by zaz102 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 6:08 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Read on Twitter

Maybe. I dont want to get blue balled again
It's an idea, but the links are very weak. Let's pretend they want it to happen.

1. There's no evidence Kawhi or Dame want to come to Philly. Doc and Sixers wanting Dame are pretty weak links.

2. Two different teams would have to agree a trade which isn't a slam dunk.

3. He starts with the hypothetical that they even want to team up, but that's another big one.

Obviously, this person did it for fun, but there's a lot of dominos for this to happen.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#917 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 6, 2021 6:09 pm

zaz102 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:It’s literally like the ultimate all in move. Also green is tight with Kawhi, looked like there was no chance in him coming back, and then all of the sudden resigned to a team friendly 2 year deal without saying much. I can not wait for the olympics to be over

Maybe. I dont want to get blue balled again
It's an idea, but the links are very weak. Let's pretend they want it to happen.

1. There's no evidence Kawhi or Dame want to come to Philly. Doc and Sixers wanting Dame are pretty weak links.

2. Two different teams would have to agree a trade which isn't a slam dunk.

3. He starts with the hypothetical that they even want to team up, but that's another big one.

Obviously, this person did it for fun, but there's a lot of dominos for this to happen.

Yeah its for fun only. Im not banking on it.

Hell, ill be glad just to have Dame.
Murray_17
Analyst
And1: 3,166

Post#918 » by Murray_17 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 6:26 pm

I already like Niang

Read on Twitter

lol Gobert lol
76ciology
RealGM

Post#919 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 6, 2021 7:17 pm

After signing Drummond and Niang, i think our FO sees Paul Reed as either still not ready or just a trade asset. I could be wrong, im just guessing here
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 5,817

Post#920 » by youngcrev » Fri Aug 6, 2021 7:41 pm

The part that stood out the most to me in the Niang press conference was Keith's cringe worthy follow up question about whether he thinks his friends will make fun of him for playing for the Sixers because he's from the Boston area.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers