ImageImageImage

Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 3

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Tomjas
Analyst
And1: 2,512

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 3 

Post#1921 » by Tomjas » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:32 pm

While I can’t see Ben being here, Doc needs to mend things with Simmons IF, as appears likely, there’s no chance of landing a Dame prior to the season

Obviously none of us know what’s going on but if we end up having to settle for a Fox or a Sexton then that’s just fkd as the team will likely be worse with our one remaining “chip” being Tobias unless we can somehow trade Ben’s replacement for an upgrade before the deadline
LeonJordanJr24
Rookie
And1: 253

Post#1922 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:32 pm

Ben is a major part of our moderate success and is just as important to impacting wins as Embiid. I'm wouldn't trade him us we could get Dame.

Other than that we need to improve around him and Embiid.

Tobias ain't working... Moving him for a scoring guard compliment finally or a real PG so Ben can flourish at PF the position he was drafted and looked so impressive in summer league , college and hs playing. When his confidence for shooting wasn't a issue.
Tomjas
Analyst

Post#1923 » by Tomjas » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:46 pm

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Ben is a major part of our moderate success and is just as important to impacting wins as Embiid. I'm wouldn't trade him us we could get Dame.

Tobias ain't working... Moving him for a scoring guard compliment finally or a real PG so Ben can flourish at PF the position he was drafted and looked so impressive in summer league , college and hs playing. When his confidence for shooting wasn't a issue.

Don’t excuse Ben

His shooting performance against Atlanta was disgraceful

Replacing him with random guys who would never have been considered before that series just because we want him gone is stupid

Wait until an appropriate replacement package is found

In the meantime, is it too much to ask Doc to earn his salary?

How about he manages the locker room, actually lays down the law to Ben and stop playing his horrendous rotations

Here’s the grim reality

The world’s best coaches rarely win without the best cattle

Fk up this Simmons trade and Embiid will be nothing more than an Iverson - a Sixers legend but a footnote in the history of the game
the_process
RealGM
And1: 5,556

Post#1924 » by the_process » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:57 pm

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Ben is a major part of our moderate success and is just as important to impacting wins as Embiid. I'm wouldn't trade him us we could get Dame.

If this is the plan, the best you're getting is probably Sexton and Love from Cleveland for Harris. Although I don't even know if they would be interested in a frontline of Allen-Mobley-Harris. I wouldn't be. But they might just want to move on from Love and be off the hook of paying Sexton?

Sexton and Simmons should compliment each other well. Of course, then there's Embiid...

There's no easy solution to this unless Dame asks out and says "send me to Philly". Barring that, they may have to waste another year. And if that's the case, just go get Haliburton.
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
Tomjas
Analyst

Post#1925 » by Tomjas » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:01 pm

the_process wrote:

If this is the plan, the best you're getting is probably Sexton and Love from Cleveland for Harris. Although I don't even know if they would be interested in a frontline of Allen-Mobley-Harris. I wouldn't be. But they might just want to move on from Love and be off the hook of paying Sexton?

Sexton and Simmons should compliment each other well. Of course, then there's Embiid...

There's no easy solution to this unless Dame asks out and says "send me to Philly". Barring that, they may have to waste another year. And if that's the case, just go get Haliburton.

Hali is a rookie and won’t win anything with Embiid anytime soon
DCasey91
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,397

Post#1926 » by DCasey91 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:08 pm

Well then Tomjas what is your solution?
the_process
RealGM

Post#1927 » by the_process » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:14 pm

Tomjas wrote:

Don’t excuse Ben

Replacing him with random guys who would never have been considered before that series just because we want him gone is stupid

How about he manages the locker room, actually lays down the law to Ben and stop playing his horrendous rotations

Glenn has never been a hardarse and he isn't going to start now. I feel like at the time he was hired, it was only partly about his coaching anyway. They really paid him to get rid of the stench of Colangelo and Brand.
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
Tomjas
Analyst

Post#1928 » by Tomjas » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:24 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Well then Tomjas what is your solution?

#1 - don’t panic

Calm it down as we will still win lots of RS games with Ben if we do nothing & he’s engaged

#2 - trade Tobias for best available package as his contract is hard to move

#3 - assess roster after (2) and target players with Ben’s contract
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 6,415

Post#1929 » by Arsenal » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:29 pm

the_process wrote:

Sexton + Love for Tobias is a slam dunk home run hat trick hail mary touchdown for us.

If available, take it and run!
Tomjas
Analyst

Post#1930 » by Tomjas » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:35 pm

Arsenal wrote:
the_process wrote:

Sexton + Love for Tobias is a slam dunk home run hat trick hail mary touchdown for us.

If available, take it and run!

Love is unplayable and owed $60 million over next 2 years

Sexton is a rental

It’s a terrible deal without further moves

When was the last time a true contender hosed $30 million of cap space up against the wall?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 11,440

Post#1931 » by Mik317 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:40 pm

Its never Ben's fault huh.

He doesn't have to change everyone else does tho.

SO lets keep making moves that benefits him alone.

like...i get it. Dude's upside is neat and I don't want to dump him for poop either but holy ****....man passed up a wide open dunk and somehow we still have people going "well if so and so did this tho" as if it didn't happen lol. I mean beyond that dude did not score at all in any of the 4th quarters. Bu-but Embiid's TOs tho and he is fat and out of shape and always hurt....yep. That is also true...however, despite that Embiid has made strides on that...doesn't happen in one season and may never fully go away. Players have flaws...I get that. But the elephant in the room is that we are 3-4 years into the Ben experience and its actually gotten worse. He's no longer young. He's no longer in a system in flux with Jimmy. And yet here we are again attempting to justify his short comings by pushing the blame on others. Yes...Embiid has be a smarter passer; stop forcing ****; and just better overall....however he came off a season where he was just "ok" and put up a near MVP season. Ben has not...and yet some seem to just hand wave it away.

I get it...some of just as bad in terms of thrashing him. One dude on the radio blamed gun violence on him lol. Thats dumb and just throwing him away will hurt the team a lot....I am also on team try to trade Tobias and keep it going if possible....but some of yall need to realize your boy has a major part in things and needs to be better. I don't like going arm chair phycologist so I won't and yeah the bench is ass; Embiid is fat; Doc is doo doo....but bottom line if Ben needs to man up, get some gold bond and actually come back improved for once...even if it is just to get out of this **** city....he needs to show that he isn't going to just be complacent for once.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Tomjas
Analyst

Post#1932 » by Tomjas » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:43 pm

Mik317 wrote:Its never Ben's fault huh.

He doesn't have to change everyone else does tho.

SO lets keep making moves that benefits him alone.

like...i get it. Dude's upside is neat and I don't want to dump him for poop either but holy ****....man passed up a wide open dunk and somehow we still have people going "well if so and so did this tho" as if it didn't happen lol. I mean beyond that dude did not score at all in any of the 4th quarters. Bu-but Embiid's TOs tho and he is fat and out of shape and always hurt....yep. That is also true...however, despite that Embiid has made strides on that...doesn't happen in one season and may never fully go away. Players have flaws...I get that. But the elephant in the room is that we are 3-4 years into the Ben experience and its actually gotten worse. He's no longer young. He's no longer in a system in flux with Jimmy. And yet here we are again attempting to justify his short comings by pushing the blame on others. Yes...Embiid has be a smarter passer; stop forcing ****; and just better overall....however he came off a season where he was just "ok" and put up a near MVP season. Ben has not...and yet some seem to just hand wave it away.

I get it...some of just as bad in terms of thrashing him. One dude on the radio blamed gun violence on him lol. Thats dumb and just throwing him away will hurt the team a lot....I am also on team try to trade Tobias and keep it going if possible....but some of yall need to realize your boy has a major part in things and needs to be better. I don't like going arm chair phycologist so I won't and yeah the bench is ass; Embiid is fat; Doc is doo doo....but bottom line if Ben needs to man up, get some gold bond and actually come back improved for once...even if it is just to get out of this **** city....he needs to show that he isn't going to just be complacent for once.

Nobody is saying anything different but if you think that the answer is giving him away then you’re going to be disappointed
Zumramania
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#1933 » by Zumramania » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Tomjas wrote:

#1 - don’t panic

Calm it down as we will still win lots of RS games with Ben if we do nothing & he’s engaged

I somehow did not get the impression that Morey is actively trying to trade Tobias but they surely cannot be content with his lack of fit and mediocricity?
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#1934 » by thenbaman » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Must have watched a different tobias this past season because he played great all year.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 11,440

Post#1935 » by Mik317 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Tobias won us a game in the playoffs and up until those last few games he was good. Those last few games tho lol. If Ben didn't **** the bed as hard...people would be on him a lot harder. He missed point blank layups like multiple times...and while Ben didn't score in the 4th...Tobias had a 4 point GAME. Can't do that and be the highest paid guy.

Tobias' issue is that he likes to operate not only in the same space as Jo...but the same way...and because he doesn't get to the line...thats not exactly viable. Jo's slow moving face up jumpers work in part because he's huge, and will get to the line. Tobias its a made shot or a long wasted possesion. Also as much as Jo panic passes....he at least makes the pass..Tobias has the woat vision lol.

Its why Tobias tends to have his best games without Jo...because they take up the same space...so yeah even with a Ben trade...Tobi/Jo isn't the greatest duo as one of them need to space out their games more. Tobias simply needs to become a more willing 3pt shooter ala Middleton who also was a mid range man of action..part of the Bucks winning it was him being willing and able to just take and make big 3s (and Jrue too) which allowed Giannis to roam and wreck havoc

Basically **** need to get out of their comfort zones goddam it
#NeverGonnaBeGood
the_process
RealGM

Post#1936 » by the_process » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:09 pm

Zumramania wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

#1 - don’t panic

I somehow did not get the impression that Morey is actively trying to trade Tobias but they surely cannot be content with his lack of fit and mediocricity?

There has been not one peep about moving Tobias. But even a blind man can see how flawed of a player he is.

That being said, the math may not indicate that moving Tobias is addition by subtraction. And Morey is clearly not willing to take one step back for two steps forward or Ben would already be out the door.
VeritasTri
Sophomore
And1: 90

Post#1937 » by VeritasTri » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:39 pm

DCasey91 wrote:If you really want that setup it should be this:

Sexton
Maxey
Green
Simmons
Embiid

2x Frontcourt players only, one that can switch wherever need be (can and has guarded 1-4) 3 & D wing and 2x backcourt ballhandlers/scorers.

Easy then. There’s 60 shots between the trio, the other two does the dirty work on defense.

Love fit works with Embiid not Embiid + Ben, that’s three big men where I would rather have a 3+D wing in all cases.

Im confused, how do you turn a negative asset in Harris into positive assets?

He is a borderline #3 being paid like a superstar, hes Wiggins tier while being paid even more.

Jesus.
KramerDSP
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#1938 » by KramerDSP » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:52 pm

Tomjas wrote:

Don’t excuse Ben

Here’s the grim reality

Fk up this Simmons trade and Embiid will be nothing more than an Iverson - a Sixers legend but a footnote in the history of the game

I get what you’re saying, but Iverson is most certainly NOT a footnote in the history of the game. We are talking about arguably the most culturally influential player in the history of basketball. He’s at least in the top five!
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 15,800

Post#1939 » by 76ciology » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:39 pm

Read on Twitter
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 3,362

Post#1940 » by eyeatoma » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:54 pm

KramerDSP wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

Don’t excuse Ben

Here’s the grim reality

I get what you’re saying, but Iverson is most certainly NOT a footnote in the history of the game. We are talking about arguably the most culturally influential player in the history of basketball. He’s at least in the top five!
He is the biggest cultural influence on basketball, like #1 lol.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Return to Philadelphia 76ers