ImageImageImage

Welcome Jaden Springer

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 48,420
And1: 11,913
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#101 » by Stanford » Sat Aug 7, 2021 10:31 pm

He will be better than Kuminga, **** the haters
Image
User avatar
Sixersftw
RealGM
Posts: 16,164
And1: 6,283
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Shoot a 3 you coward
       

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#102 » by Sixersftw » Sat Aug 7, 2021 11:51 pm

Mik317 wrote:that is most sauceless dunk ever.

man had one of the worst highlight tapes I've watched.

super low on him

hope that works out

My man is a certified soft dunker. Evan Turner-esque. They're just extended layups.

I can't pretend like I watch any Tennessee games that aren't vs UK but his soft dunks are sus.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 34,974
And1: 15,042
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#103 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 7, 2021 11:52 pm

Mik317 wrote:that is most sauceless dunk ever.

man had one of the worst highlight tapes I've watched.

super low on him

hope that works out

When you're dealing with the highest quality meats, you don't need condiments.
Madd Squabbles
Sophomore
Posts: 111
And1: 34
Joined: Jun 27, 2008

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#104 » by Madd Squabbles » Sun Aug 8, 2021 1:48 am

sodmoraes wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
This I had no idea about. That changes my perspective quite a bit.

Had Hyland been there at 28, who would you have picked between he and Springer?

Oof, tough question.

With draft night energy, I would have taken Hyland no question.

With more objectivity and closer eval, I'm glad we landed Springer. Both Springer and Hyland possess core four traits (dribble, pass, shoot, defend), but Springer is younger and bigger.

I think Springer's splits as a starter are an eye opener. I think he should have gone top 10. And I think he's closer to Suggs than people realize and might even be better.
I Always tought Suggs was overrated. I saw his highlights and didnt saw anything special: not a great athlete, not a great shooter and not great halfcourt creation ability. He will be a decent pg but thats not what you would expect of a high pick.

I like Springers potential, and maybe he can grow a little bit yet. If his 3 ball is legit he would complement Tyrese in the backcourt.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app


You just described Jason Kidd.
Madd Squabbles
Sophomore
Posts: 111
And1: 34
Joined: Jun 27, 2008

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#105 » by Madd Squabbles » Sun Aug 8, 2021 1:54 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
16-18 ppg? When? In the G-League?

This dude doesn't have 16ppg in him for an entire NBA season unless we decided to tank and let him MCW an entire year. I just don't see the offensive skillset to be anything other than 3&D unless he makes some serious and leaping changes to his game. I know he's young, but man, he looks pedestrian on offense.

Points add up quick when the three ball comes into play.

There's plenty of pedestrian creators putting up 15+ ppg because of the three ball. Many putting up 20+ ppg because of the three ball. There's even one dropping 30+ because of the three ball *cough Bradley Beal*

If Springer can leverage his college shooting splits of 40%+ three and 80%+ free throw into being a guy who hits 2+ threes a game at the NBA level, he can easily be in that scoring range.


Danny Green shot 6 threes per game this year and averaged 9 points. Ironically, I see Springer being slightly better than Danny Green on offense but a similar skill set.


If Springer turns out to be Danny Green this is a major win for the Sixers! A young Danny Green is what every single team in the NBA is looking for!
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 34,974
And1: 15,042
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#106 » by Kobblehead » Sun Aug 8, 2021 2:05 am

Read on Twitter


Looks like another plus work ethic kid, too.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 34,974
And1: 15,042
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#107 » by Kobblehead » Sun Aug 8, 2021 2:23 am

Madd Squabbles wrote:You just described Jason Kidd.

Comparing a guy with a 23.7% assist percentage to Jason Kidd is like comparing a guy with a 31% three point percentage to Steph Curry.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 17,369
And1: 7,657
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#108 » by Negrodamus » Sun Aug 8, 2021 2:32 am

Madd Squabbles wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Points add up quick when the three ball comes into play.

There's plenty of pedestrian creators putting up 15+ ppg because of the three ball. Many putting up 20+ ppg because of the three ball. There's even one dropping 30+ because of the three ball *cough Bradley Beal*

If Springer can leverage his college shooting splits of 40%+ three and 80%+ free throw into being a guy who hits 2+ threes a game at the NBA level, he can easily be in that scoring range.


Danny Green shot 6 threes per game this year and averaged 9 points. Ironically, I see Springer being slightly better than Danny Green on offense but a similar skill set.


If Springer turns out to be Danny Green this is a major win for the Sixers! A young Danny Green is what every single team in the NBA is looking for!


Correct, I'm not saying he's a lost cause, I'm saying he's a role player.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#109 » by phillynative » Sun Aug 8, 2021 4:21 am

Kobblehead wrote:
Read on Twitter


Looks like another plus work ethic kid, too.

Isaiah Joe still 80 pounds I see
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 49,040
And1: 15,800
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#110 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 8, 2021 6:14 am

What sucks for me is I just found out Cam Thomas was drafted just before we made this Springer pick.

Come on Nets.. why you getting all the scorers? Don’t you want this future Danny Green 3&D guy? You need some defense!
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 34,974
And1: 15,042
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#111 » by Kobblehead » Sun Aug 8, 2021 12:27 pm

76ciology wrote:What sucks for me is I just found out Cam Thomas was drafted just before we made this Springer pick.

Come on Nets.. why you getting all the scorers? Don’t you want this future Danny Green 3&D guy? You need some defense!

Bruce Brown and Jaden Springer would embody the spiderman meme.

The Nets' draft night is interesting. They seemed to cover all their bases.

They got a dynamic young guy who can dribble and shoot but doesn't know how to play basketball correctly (Cam Thomas).
They got a small college vet who can dribble-shoot-pass (Marcus Zegarowski).
They got a shooter with powerful physique to play F minutes (Kessler Edwards).
They got a rough rider with tremendous strength to do all the dirty defensive things (Raiquan Gray).

I think Cam Thomas is a trade chip for them, though. Especially if he continues to not pass and no play defense.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 34,974
And1: 15,042
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#112 » by Kobblehead » Sun Aug 8, 2021 2:48 pm

User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 49,040
And1: 15,800
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#113 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 8, 2021 3:31 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:What sucks for me is I just found out Cam Thomas was drafted just before we made this Springer pick.

Come on Nets.. why you getting all the scorers? Don’t you want this future Danny Green 3&D guy? You need some defense!

Bruce Brown and Jaden Springer would embody the spiderman meme.

The Nets' draft night is interesting. They seemed to cover all their bases.

They got a dynamic young guy who can dribble and shoot but doesn't know how to play basketball correctly (Cam Thomas).
They got a small college vet who can dribble-shoot-pass (Marcus Zegarowski).
They got a shooter with powerful physique to play F minutes (Kessler Edwards).
They got a rough rider with tremendous strength to do all the dirty defensive things (Raiquan Gray).

I think Cam Thomas is a trade chip for them, though. Especially if he continues to not pass and no play defense.


I think Cam Thomas can learn a lot from playing with KD, Harden and Kyrie. He has the tools, all the needs is to learn the tricks.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 49,040
And1: 15,800
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#114 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 8, 2021 3:33 pm

Kobblehead wrote:


Keith Williams is helping him on his mental side.

Interesting..
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
Sportfan73
Analyst
Posts: 3,058
And1: 881
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
   

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#115 » by Sportfan73 » Sun Aug 8, 2021 3:59 pm

The funny thing is in a few years he would actually be a super nice fit next to dame
agiaco
Analyst
Posts: 3,527
And1: 990
Joined: Jun 26, 2009

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#116 » by agiaco » Sun Aug 8, 2021 11:00 pm

Y'all put too much stock into dunking lol. If he can play, he can play. We'll find that out in due time.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 48,420
And1: 11,913
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#117 » by Stanford » Sun Aug 8, 2021 11:01 pm

agiaco wrote:Y'all put too much stock into dunking lol. If he can play, he can play. We'll find that out in due time.


For real. Who cares
Image
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 17,369
And1: 7,657
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#118 » by Negrodamus » Mon Aug 9, 2021 12:41 am

I'll gladly eat crow if he pans out and is something more than a role player (which is completely possible since he's a young freshman), but based on what I've seen thus far, I'm not encouraged, dunks notwithstanding.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#119 » by phillynative » Mon Aug 9, 2021 12:58 am

Negrodamus wrote:I'll gladly eat crow if he pans out and is something more than a role player (which is completely possible since he's a young freshman), but based on what I've seen thus far, I'm not encouraged, dunks notwithstanding.


I would gladly eat crow with some salt and pepper
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 49,040
And1: 15,800
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Welcome Jaden Springer 

Post#120 » by 76ciology » Mon Aug 9, 2021 5:13 am

Read on Twitter


How can you not see the similarities? :lol:

Just asking. Haven’t followed Zach Lavine before. But was Lavine always this good with his scoring?

Im just wondering if Lavine, Zhaire and Springer are all in the same archetype. They’re more of springy jumpers and just like to shoot over people with their good shooting mechanics type scorers
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers