ImageImageImage

2021-2022 College Basketball / NBA Draft

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Re: 2021-2022 College Basketball / NBA Draft 

Post#241 » by 76ciology » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:14 pm

Keegan Murray have godly offensive and scoring numbers.

I have him having a high possibility to having as my number 2 guy after Jabari Smith Jr. in my mock.

Btw, am I right to short the Paolo Banchero stock? Duke guys are just hard to trust. Banchero is looking more and more like Jabari Parker 2.0
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#242 » by Kobblehead » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:15 pm

I mean, Banchero will definitely be a franchise piece. His point production, deflection stats, and free throw shooting are fantastic.

It's just whether or not you'd want him as your franchise piece given that he doesn't score off the dribble or shoot threes.

Personally, I'm out on guys like that.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#243 » by Kobblehead » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:26 pm

76ciology wrote:Keegan Murray have godly offensive and scoring numbers.

Keep in mind that he's only averaging 15.3 ppg and shooting 40% from the field in 3 games against Power Conference teams.

I know you like him a lot, but I'm super wary of Murray. I didn't think he was good as a 20 year old freshman and now as a 21 year old sophomore, he's beating up on scrubs schools and looking basic against real teams. And again, he's essentially an upperclassmen with how old he is.

I want to see what his numbers look like after Big 10 play before I'm ready to upjump him.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#244 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:01 am

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:Keegan Murray have godly offensive and scoring numbers.

Keep in mind that he's only averaging 15.3 ppg and shooting 40% from the field in 3 games against Power Conference teams.

I know you like him a lot, but I'm super wary of Murray. I didn't think he was good as a 20 year old freshman and now as a 21 year old sophomore, he's beating up on scrubs schools and looking basic against real teams. And again, he's essentially an upperclassmen with how old he is.

I want to see what his numbers look like after Big 10 play before I'm ready to upjump him.

True. But right now, he’s number 2 based on his production and this will likely change by end of the year with more data

May I ask what’s the reason for him to only play 18mpg in his freshman year? And why is he quite old for a sophomore?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#245 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:05 am

Kobblehead wrote:I mean, Banchero will definitely be a franchise piece. His point production, deflection stats, and free throw shooting are fantastic.

It's just whether or not you'd want him as your franchise piece given that he doesn't score off the dribble or shoot threes.

Whats your definition as franchise piece? You mean like a keeper but not a franchise player but possibly a winning player you can surround your franchise player or core with?

For me, he’s like Gordon Hayward caliber player at best.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#246 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:29 am

EJ Liddell is a late lotto to mid first round pick to me. He can space the floor, score and provide elite shot blocking. Something I want for a PF, specially on our team. Reminds me a bit of Paul Milsap.

Johnny Davis is a lottery pick talent. He can score, shoot and give you good deflection numbers.

Some good guys I saw that may or may not be better than these two guys:
Mathurin
AJ Griffin
Tari Eason

I wouldnt mind drafting all of these guys with a lottery pick.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#247 » by Kobblehead » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:05 pm

76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I mean, Banchero will definitely be a franchise piece. His point production, deflection stats, and free throw shooting are fantastic.

Whats your definition as franchise piece? You mean like a keeper but not a franchise player but possibly a winning player you can surround your franchise player or core with?

For me, he’s like Gordon Hayward caliber player at best.

A guy that can average 20+ and be the featured player for a team on a nightly basis. Banchero is a frontcourt player so he'd be more dependent on playing with a high caliber guard or wing to achieve the highest success, of course. Same with guys like Embiid, Jokic, Giannis, Zion, etc.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#248 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:51 pm

This 2022 draft is sooo loaded.
Even this guy can go as high as 2nd

Jabari Smith is in a class of his own but Ivey, Chet, Keegan and possibly Banchero can all be 1st overall picks or atleast top 3 picks in any draft!

Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#249 » by Kobblehead » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:00 pm

76ciology wrote:EJ Liddell is a late lotto to mid first round pick to me. He can space the floor, score and provide elite shot blocking. Something I want for a PF, specially on our team. Reminds me a bit of Paul Milsap.

E.J. Liddell has been one of the best players in the Big 10 these past couple of years, but there's some tweener stuff about his size and game that has me cautious about him.

First with his size, he's listed at 6'7" 240, but I'm thinking he may measure closer to 6'5" or 6'6" and that's just incredibly short for a PF.

In terms of his game, I don't think he's a very good rebounder so I worry about his ability to control the defensive glass. Being short and a subpar positional rebounder are pretty big detriments to him, at the next level, defensively.

Offensively, most of his production comes from mid-range one-on-one stuff. Really good shotcreator for his size. However, he's not much of a natural shooter and doesn't space the floor much. That will need to be an area of his game he needs to expand.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#250 » by Kobblehead » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:04 pm

76ciology wrote:Johnny Davis is a lottery pick talent. He can score, shoot and give you good deflection numbers.

Jonathan Davis is having a big breakout year. Incredible two-way player. I think he's a little too old school for my taste, though. He's another mid-range guy. Reminds me of Jarrett Culver. I'm not as high on Davis.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#251 » by Kobblehead » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:08 pm

76ciology wrote:AJ Griffin

At this point, I think Griffin is the best kept secret in the draft. I think he should be in the conversation of going #2 overall. His combination of power/athleticism combined with his shooting ability reminds me of Miles Bridges. Except he has the shotcreating chops that Miles never had. Griffin is incredibly tantalizing to me. I'm enamored with him.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#252 » by stormi » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:09 pm

Weary about Chet Holmgren and that frame after the way Bol Bol who was even more freakish and dominant at Oregon flopped in the league.

This draft is super stacked up top, if you get a top ~5 pick you're set but I'm not a fan of the talent as a collection even into the late top 10's. POV for a player in the 76ers range is super not exciting unlike the past two seasons.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#253 » by Kobblehead » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:16 pm

Super Freshs:
Jabari Smith
Jaden Hardy
A.J. Griffin
Blake Wesley
Patrick Baldwin
Terquavion Smith

Super Sophs:
Jaden Ivey
Julian Strawther
K.D. Johnson

These are my favorite youngsters right now.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#254 » by DCasey91 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:12 pm

stormi wrote:Weary about Chet Holmgren and that frame after the way Bol Bol who was even more freakish and dominant at Oregon flopped in the league.

This draft is super stacked up top, if you get a top ~5 pick you're set but I'm not a fan of the talent as a collection even into the late top 10's. POV for a player in the 76ers range is super not exciting unlike the past two seasons.

Chet is better than Bol who has nothing between the ears that’s kind of the most important part in prospects. Worse players dominate College more fwiw.

But I agree about his frame (knees down), skill wise easy number one pick.

Draft is solid lot of wings/pfs.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#255 » by DCasey91 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:13 pm

Yeah AJ for me is for sure a top 5 prospect.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#256 » by stormi » Sat Jan 1, 2022 12:33 am

DCasey91 wrote:
stormi wrote:Weary about Chet Holmgren and that frame after the way Bol Bol who was even more freakish and dominant at Oregon flopped in the league.

Chet is better than Bol who has nothing between the ears that’s kind of the most important part in prospects. Worse players dominate College more fwiw.

Chet probably should wind up being better. He's a more willing shooter and gets to the line more. Also a better passer. I think Bol was more gifted scoring wise and athletically, was a better shooter, a defender and despite his slender frame - had 40lbs on Chet.

It's not just the fact that Bol didn't live up to the expectations at all, but he pretty much floundered completely out of the league. Poku (who was a meme player to me) is another awful basketball player with similar physique.

Chet's path to success imo is honing in on being a huge jumbo guard like KD that can shoot and create off the bounce as opposed to going down the traditional big pathing.

Should be fun to follow his career.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#257 » by Stanford » Sat Jan 1, 2022 12:58 am

chet is the best prospect since griffey
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#258 » by DCasey91 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 1:34 am

stormi wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

Chet probably should wind up being better. He's a more willing shooter and gets to the line more. Also a better passer. I think Bol was more gifted scoring wise and athletically, was a better shooter, a defender and despite his slender frame - had 40lbs on Chet.

It's not just the fact that Bol didn't live up to the expectations at all, but he pretty much floundered completely out of the league. Poku (who was a meme player to me) is another awful basketball player with similar physique.

Chet's path to success imo is honing in on being a huge jumbo guard like KD that can shoot and create off the bounce as opposed to going down the traditional big pathing.

Should be fun to follow his career.

I think Bol didn’t understand why he got drafted so late and the reason why it was. Scouts could see it. When he plays NBA he doesn’t play sound NBA basketball at all even though he has the physical tools to be very good. Doesn’t play a role, doesn’t play a team game and has poor ethics/attitude on court you can get away with that if you’re a superstar but he isn’t one far from it even middling players have the figjam syndrome it actually harms their own game without them realizing it.

It doesn’t help that Bigs are the worst position to develop a youngster (Goga is another one) you are better off trading excess bigs to a place where they can play. It does stifle development but Bol himself has done zero favors.

I think Chet will be like a Zingis/Ingram hybrid. Block a lot of shots and score 20 or so of a game. Hopefully he doesn’t get to overbulky up top like with Kristaps which led to durability issues. I think a T prince body composition will be fine in the end.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#259 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 1, 2022 4:56 am

I wouldnt draft Chet as top 1-2. I wouldnt take Chet over Jabari or Ivey.

But Chet is a bargain at 3rd pick downwards IMO.

Im betting on Chet and the benefits of sports science (cough.. steroids).

If a 4 or 5 is mobile enough to step out of the PnR and protect the rim, that should be good on defense.

If the offense resorts to attacking Chet at the post, you already won on defense. I think Chet will be a PF in the league and would never be a C, he’d be like Siakam or Giannis if he ever gains super strength. But if just low to average strength, he’d be like Ingram to KD (in terms of strength).

I like Chet alot and people undervaluing him is more of an opportunity for me than something that scares me.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#260 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 1, 2022 4:58 am

Been looking at all of Keegan Murray’s game. I’m looking more on guys who can be steals in the draft where Jabari, Ivey and Chet should be locked for the top 3 spots for now.

Im now having my doubts with keegan. I think his numbers is being inflated with the same system that inflated Garza’s last two seasons at IOWA.

But still, I do see him as lottery type talent because of his mobility. Possibly like Tobias Harris type scorer and rebounder but better shotblocking and steals numbers. And overall, still a player I’d take over Ben Simmons.

I’d take Keegan over Paolo Banchero, whereas keegan is tobias harris with blocks and steals while Banchero is tobias harris reincarnate. I’d even say if the draft is today, Banchero will very likely slide outside of the top 5.

I have 4 guys higher than Paolo now:
- Kendall Brown
- Mathurin
- Kennedy Chandler
- AJ Griffin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers