ImageImageImage

Joel: unchained.

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 32,558
And1: 14,705
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#21 » by Sixerscan » Sat Oct 2, 2021 12:56 pm

syntax wrote:
Zumramania wrote:
kuclas wrote:
This is incorrect. Embiid is the number 1 option until the last 2 minutes of the game. Just like Shaq. Kobe took over at the end. That’s just the way the nba is these days.

The nba is a wing/guard league in the closing stretches of game. Problem for sixers is they don’t even have a true number 2 option. Harris is the third best player on any championship team. Right now we don’t have a third player who can create his own shot in half court consistently


I expect Maxey to break out a bit this year, he is much better than Shake at the things that we need. This could get us to seed 4 or 5 even without trading Ben.
When you mentioned Kobe and Shaq I remembered this video: [url];ab_channel=BarryMcCockiner[/url] :lol:


Are you comparing Shaq to Embiid? I don't get it.

Dwight had more dunks than Embiid last season. Simmons had more dunks than Embiid last season. Embiid is no Shaq.

Well yeah because Kobe told Shaq to be better than Embiid because Kobe has the killer instinct.
rzzzzz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,799
And1: 1,244
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#22 » by rzzzzz » Sat Oct 2, 2021 1:57 pm

DCasey91 wrote:One Scorpion.

Embiid is a savant, so you know what that is?

Some of the blame has to go to his father (changed hands can lead to anxiety/mirror issues without the person naturally picking one.)

But other than not no, Ben is not a Giannis type.


Dustin Hoffman played a Savant in Rain Man. An idiot Savant, as opposed to an Axis II Savant.

I’ve always suspected that Ben was switched from his dominant hand. Something that worked great when Uncle Tony switch Rafael, but shooting a basketball, like throwing a baseball, really begs for the stronger hand.

There’s only one Giannis. But there is some similarity of body type. Both are profoundly athletic. Both lacked a shot when drafted.
DCasey91
Head Coach
Posts: 6,381
And1: 3,330
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#23 » by DCasey91 » Sat Oct 2, 2021 10:40 pm

syntax wrote:Embiid can't even read or pass out of a double team. His turnovers are through the roof. He is an awful playmaker for his usage. Can't co-exist in an offense that isn't just ISO Embiid ball. Ben has shown that, Jimmy has shown that. Good luck winning with Embiid. My guess is picking up basketball at 15 years old doesn't help when developing crucial areas of team play, a skill that can't be taught.


He’s getting better on that (Close to Hakeem level soon which is acceptable). Then he would be literally perfect which is nigh on impossible to do for a basketball player.

Ben on the otherhand is a completely liability on offense.

TJ had to take the team reigns one game ffs.

Ben is so much worse cmon now lol.
DCasey91
Head Coach
Posts: 6,381
And1: 3,330
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#24 » by DCasey91 » Sat Oct 2, 2021 10:46 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:One Scorpion.

Embiid is a savant, so you know what that is?

Some of the blame has to go to his father (changed hands can lead to anxiety/mirror issues without the person naturally picking one.)

But other than not no, Ben is not a Giannis type.


Dustin Hoffman played a Savant in Rain Man. An idiot Savant, as opposed to an Axis II Savant.

I’ve always suspected that Ben was switched from his dominant hand. Something that worked great when Uncle Tony switch Rafael, but shooting a basketball, like throwing a baseball, really begs for the stronger hand.

There’s only one Giannis. But there is some similarity of body type. Both are profoundly athletic. Both lacked a shot when drafted.


Look at their upbringing they come and were raised in two different worlds.

Giannis is a classic example for a persons development.

Whereas Ben is a classic example of the puer aeternus.

One is self actualized

One is Peter Pan

No wonder Ben didn’t like Butler he’s cut from the same cloth as Giannis.

My man bodytypes aren’t even on the top end of scale once your in Elite Sports.

It’s what’s between the ears and heart. Which is immeasurable

Or even better Nadal vs Safin. Safin actually won despite being a headcase (2000 was magic).

Nadal destroys a lot of sportsmen ever dude was touted as the greatest prospect as a 17 yr old (higher than Fed/Joker). Probably is the GOAT teenager too.
User avatar
Canadian6ersFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,038
And1: 4,384
Joined: Jun 24, 2008
 

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#25 » by Canadian6ersFan » Sun Oct 3, 2021 12:00 am

My basement will get another jersey added on the wall this season alongside Iverson's, Brian Dawkins', Brian Westbrook's, and Aaron McKie's - Joel Hans Embiid.

It'll make game nights that much more enjoyable.

Can't wait to watch the first preseason game on Monday.
Kobe Bryant: - “We all should be fortunate that Allen Iverson was not 6’5”
User avatar
Bum Adebayo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,518
And1: 2,186
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
Location: In Spain...with and without the S
 

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#26 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Oct 3, 2021 1:02 am

Nadal is like Ronaldo, less talented than their top peers (Fed/Nole/Messi) but they are up there due to insane hard work and mentality. Simmons is more like Safin or Balotelli, a waste of talent.
Member of TSU - Trade Simmons University
Ben Simmons sucks, and you know it.
SimmonsWillNeverBeGood
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#27 » by Tomjas » Sun Oct 3, 2021 1:22 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:Nadal is like Ronaldo, less talented than their top peers (Fed/Nole/Messi) but they are up there due to insane hard work and mentality. Simmons is more like Safin or Balotelli, a waste of talent.


Safin won 2 grand slams and was world number 1

Simmons has already significantly surpassed Balotelli
rzzzzz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,799
And1: 1,244
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#28 » by rzzzzz » Sun Oct 3, 2021 2:34 am

DCasey91 wrote:It’s what’s between the ears and heart. Which is immeasurable
Or even better Nadal vs Safin. Safin actually won despite being a headcase (2000 was magic).


Nolo contendere on heart and mind. (There’s still stuff going on with the Simmons entourage that gives me pause.)
Safin against Pete at the USO was unbelievable. The greatest hard court champion never had a chance on what was possibly the fastest surface ever. And I swear Safin against Roger at the AO semi was the best match I ever saw. Safin may have been the greatest specimen the game has ever seen. He says, he just didn’t feel like putting in the work when he could party and enjoy the ladies all those years he was on the tour. But still managed two slams. (Even with the Ferrari and the glamour babes, there’s some kind of pathos hanging over the sixer underachiever.)
downtownpie
Senior
Posts: 730
And1: 367
Joined: Jan 16, 2018
   

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#29 » by downtownpie » Sun Oct 3, 2021 2:35 am

Embiid can put up mvp numbers but he won't win the sixers a championship.

Same as Jokic. Murray is the key for Denver and sixers still don't have theirs.
DCasey91
Head Coach
Posts: 6,381
And1: 3,330
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#30 » by DCasey91 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 3:22 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:Nadal is like Ronaldo, less talented than their top peers (Fed/Nole/Messi) but they are up there due to insane hard work and mentality. Simmons is more like Safin or Balotelli, a waste of talent.


Ummm Nadal is and was more talented than Fed/Djokovic it’s it’s not even close.

His innate ability alone, tennis circles thought he was the second coming of Bjorg.

Said before I’ll say it again Nadal is the GOAT teenager. He beat top 1# Fed when he was 17 lol

Talent means innate not all the other aspects that fall under.

People misinterpret it all the time.

For example MJ isn’t more talented than LBJ or Luka. Read up their backstories
DCasey91
Head Coach
Posts: 6,381
And1: 3,330
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#31 » by DCasey91 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 3:28 am

rzzzzz wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:It’s what’s between the ears and heart. Which is immeasurable
Or even better Nadal vs Safin. Safin actually won despite being a headcase (2000 was magic).


Nolo contendere on heart and mind. (There’s still stuff going on with the Simmons entourage that gives me pause.)
Safin against Pete at the USO was unbelievable. The greatest hard court champion never had a chance on what was possibly the fastest surface ever. And I swear Safin against Roger at the AO semi was the best match I ever saw. Safin may have been the greatest specimen the game has ever seen. He says, he just didn’t feel like putting in the work when he could party and enjoy the ladies all those years he was on the tour. But still managed two slams. (Even with the Ferrari and the glamour babes, there’s some kind of pathos hanging over the sixer underachiever.)


It’s funny it went in the beginning:
Nadal
Then
Safin/Federer (Safin was pure when he was)
Then
Roddick/Hewitt
Pre 21.

Those were the young top world class prospects.

Safin on his day beat everyone in a pretty comfortable 4 setter lol. Dude had ATG talent.

I mean Ben is pretty off Kyrgios let alone Marat. You can say he underachieved which I 100% agree with but jeez for a time it was arguable he was downright the best tennis player on earth for a short period of time and doubly so when Safin was in the groove.
User avatar
Bum Adebayo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,518
And1: 2,186
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
Location: In Spain...with and without the S
 

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#32 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Oct 3, 2021 10:06 am

DCasey91 wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Nadal is like Ronaldo, less talented than their top peers (Fed/Nole/Messi) but they are up there due to insane hard work and mentality. Simmons is more like Safin or Balotelli, a waste of talent.


Ummm Nadal is and was more talented than Fed/Djokovic it’s it’s not even close.

His innate ability alone, tennis circles thought he was the second coming of Bjorg.

Said before I’ll say it again Nadal is the GOAT teenager. He beat top 1# Fed when he was 17 lol

Talent means innate not all the other aspects that fall under.

People misinterpret it all the time.

For example MJ isn’t more talented than LBJ or Luka. Read up their backstories


Nadal is less talented, you see them play and it is evident, he has no serve and he has aged like milk in comparison. He won as a teenager because of tio Toni and how he made him work his ass off, it's not the norm to train obsessed and possessed when you are really young.
Member of TSU - Trade Simmons University
Ben Simmons sucks, and you know it.
SimmonsWillNeverBeGood
rzzzzz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,799
And1: 1,244
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#33 » by rzzzzz » Sun Oct 3, 2021 2:12 pm

DCasey91 wrote: the second coming of Bjorg.


It was Arthur Ashe who blocked the 2nd coming of Borg. Poor guy. Retired so young to a disastrous marriage to a teen, while losing his collected fortune to some sketchy real estate deal. And so the French Open invited him back, but Ashe, who was somehow in charge of tennis at the time, put his foot down, and said he could only participate as a qualifier, and that was that. I wonder how many more French Opens he could have won. And Wimbledons. Yeah, McEnroe finally had his number, but Lendl had McEnroe’s number but couldn’t touch Borg. Did Borg even bother with the Australian? As far as the US Open, I believe his problem with that tournament was that the finals were played under the lights. I don’t think Borg’s eyes handled the lights well at all.

Anyway, I’d make an argument that young Borg was better than young anybody, and under different circumstances we would be including him in every GOAT conversation.
DCasey91
Head Coach
Posts: 6,381
And1: 3,330
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#34 » by DCasey91 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 8:24 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Nadal is like Ronaldo, less talented than their top peers (Fed/Nole/Messi) but they are up there due to insane hard work and mentality. Simmons is more like Safin or Balotelli, a waste of talent.


Ummm Nadal is and was more talented than Fed/Djokovic it’s it’s not even close.

His innate ability alone, tennis circles thought he was the second coming of Bjorg.

Said before I’ll say it again Nadal is the GOAT teenager. He beat top 1# Fed when he was 17 lol

Talent means innate not all the other aspects that fall under.

People misinterpret it all the time.

For example MJ isn’t more talented than LBJ or Luka. Read up their backstories


Nadal is less talented, you see them play and it is evident, he has no serve and he has aged like milk in comparison. He won as a teenager because of tio Toni and how he made him work his ass off, it's not the norm to train obsessed and possessed when you are really young.


Nadal as a 17 year old beat Federer when he was world number one. Can’t just beat two other GOAT level players repeatedly alone by sheer hard work that’s fantasy now.

Fact: Nadal was more talented

Nadal has had the most injuries fwiw
TheBallsDeeper
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,668
And1: 1,889
Joined: Nov 20, 2017
       

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#35 » by TheBallsDeeper » Sun Oct 3, 2021 11:36 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
Ummm Nadal is and was more talented than Fed/Djokovic it’s it’s not even close.

His innate ability alone, tennis circles thought he was the second coming of Bjorg.

Said before I’ll say it again Nadal is the GOAT teenager. He beat top 1# Fed when he was 17 lol

Talent means innate not all the other aspects that fall under.

People misinterpret it all the time.

For example MJ isn’t more talented than LBJ or Luka. Read up their backstories


Nadal is less talented, you see them play and it is evident, he has no serve and he has aged like milk in comparison. He won as a teenager because of tio Toni and how he made him work his ass off, it's not the norm to train obsessed and possessed when you are really young.


Nadal as a 17 year old beat Federer when he was world number one. Can’t just beat two other GOAT level players repeatedly alone by sheer hard work that’s fantasy now.

Fact: Nadal was more talented

Nadal has had the most injuries fwiw

OK, I see how this works.

Mark Philippoussis as a 19 year old beat Sampras when he was world number one............
syntax
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,488
And1: 609
Joined: Oct 25, 2005
Location: downunder
Contact:

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#36 » by syntax » Mon Oct 4, 2021 4:06 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/264244/The-Hellish-Purgatory-Of-The-Philadelphia-76ers

Embiid spoke at great and rambling length on Media Day, and could’ve been interpreted many different ways, but at this moment a passable translation of his words was “Love you buddy, please get back here to be my garbage man A.S.A.P.” :lol: :lol:
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,126
And1: 1,125
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#37 » by phillynative » Mon Oct 4, 2021 5:02 am

syntax wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/264244/The-Hellish-Purgatory-Of-The-Philadelphia-76ers

Embiid spoke at great and rambling length on Media Day, and could’ve been interpreted many different ways, but at this moment a passable translation of his words was “Love you buddy, please get back here to be my garbage man A.S.A.P.” :lol: :lol:


Trash truck residue
User avatar
IAMZOOTED2
Starter
Posts: 2,304
And1: 1,233
Joined: Mar 05, 2017
Location: Somewhere west of east and south of north
 

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#38 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Oct 4, 2021 5:51 am

rzzzzz wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Ummm it’s been Ben all along. Give up the fantasy of a Giannis type player that’s been dead and buried since college.

Scorpion and the frog if you know that story you know now it’s just humor to try and gauge with Ben’s basketball capabilities.


Brett coached his dad. He had a special connection. So why can’t he be Magic Johnson if he wants to? At least early on we’re still in a development stage. The behavioral tendencies may have been evident, but you figure you can coach them out. Until you can’t. Butler was guaranteed to be a pain, but he was worth it, especially the way he got along with Joel. It was Brett getting rehired and drawing a line in the sand over Jimmy. I think Brett was as much worried about control as he was about Ben’s sensibilities at that point. So maybe the froggy franchise was riding on two scorpions?



This point has been so infuriatingly overlooked. The Ben and Ben's dad and BB connex was ALWAYS going to be a problem.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
syntax
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,488
And1: 609
Joined: Oct 25, 2005
Location: downunder
Contact:

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#39 » by syntax » Mon Oct 4, 2021 9:19 am

phillynative wrote:
syntax wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/264244/The-Hellish-Purgatory-Of-The-Philadelphia-76ers

Embiid spoke at great and rambling length on Media Day, and could’ve been interpreted many different ways, but at this moment a passable translation of his words was “Love you buddy, please get back here to be my garbage man A.S.A.P.” :lol: :lol:


Trash truck residue


Written by a RealGM writer. Yeah this is how you look to the rest of the league/world.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,126
And1: 1,125
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#40 » by phillynative » Mon Oct 4, 2021 12:54 pm

syntax wrote:
phillynative wrote:
syntax wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/264244/The-Hellish-Purgatory-Of-The-Philadelphia-76ers

Embiid spoke at great and rambling length on Media Day, and could’ve been interpreted many different ways, but at this moment a passable translation of his words was “Love you buddy, please get back here to be my garbage man A.S.A.P.” :lol: :lol:


Trash truck residue


Written by a RealGM writer. Yeah this is how you look to the rest of the league/world.


:lol: "RealGM writer" = Rest of the league/world

Again Trash truck residue.

Do you have any hobbies outside of trolling/defending Benny?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers