ImageImageImage

Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 6

Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 6 

Post#821 » by Skates » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Windhorst at least doesn't seem like the guy he used to be, essentially stalking Lebron outside LBJ's house in the bushes. His sources seem to be more established and broader than they used to be.

The truth is at this point no one knows, not even Morey, when and where Simmons will head off to. We have one road preseason game and then 3 of the first four regular season games are on the road, before a long homestand.

If Simmons is, as we all believe, here for the short term, and plays, don't be surprised if there is a minor 'injury' that keeps him out of that early home game. If he is going to play in a home game, I would not be surprised to see Joel grab the mic when people start booing and jeering Simmons from the start and chastise them to support him and the team.

Also, without Canadians like Stanford on the Board I wouldn't know that only Americans call Canadian Bacon by that name, wonder if there are any Australian meat pie or vegemite myths that our Aussie friends can debunk for me (-;
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#822 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:23 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Stanford wrote:Woj's podcast also sucks, lol.

Windhorst balances his roles better.

Stan Windy

lol true

I agree but Woj has the best ad breaks in the business.

"Hang on for one second President Biden because I need to tell you a little something about Simply Safe"

Other than Keith, obviously
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#823 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:25 pm

Stanford wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:
erving4ever wrote:So on RTRS, Spike maintains that Ben will only be used by the 76ers to squeeze tha last remaining leverage Morey has. Sort of like, give your best offers now cause who knows we might keep Ben. That the 76ers wont really actually risk playing Ben in a home game that might turn into a disaster. He said, maybe Ben plays an away pre season game but thats it. 2 weeks or less, Ben is gone, he said.

Spike doesn’t know **** lol

Side note on that:

Spike and Mike **** on Windhorst all the time (who I think does a good job) for worrying about aggregation when he says something on a podcast. I think this is ridiculous because Windhorst has two roles: reporter and podcast host. In his role as podcast host, he's not reporting anything, he's just talking about how he feels on a topic based on the knowledge he has. We can easily figure out whether he is officially reporting something or just speculating by listening to the context. So he has good reason to be pissed about twitter accounts misrepresenting what he says on a podcast by implying that he said it in his role as reporter. If Spike were someone that anyone has ever heard of, TheNBACentral would have put up a tweet this morning that said:

"Ben Simmons will be traded within 2 weeks" - Spike Eskin (eyes emoji)

Which is exactly the kind of bull Windhorst complains about. Spike wasn't reporting anything, he was just speculating based on what he knows (which is less than Windhorst, but probably more than anyone on this board) for the purposes of a podcast. It's just dudes talking. There are things we can take from the conversations, but they shouldn't be taken as news.

In my opinion the second Ben steps on the court for a regular season game there’s an at least 33% chance maybe higher that he’s here until next summer. The nets don’t look as unbeatable, obviously a star asking out or coming available could change that but I think it’s becomes a real possibility the second he plays.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,811

Post#824 » by Mik317 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:30 pm

broken record like everyone else

but

I don't see how Ben plays for us again lol.

**** while I wouldn't have made the choices he made (i'd also be shooting so much that yall would actually wish I was passive lol) but if somehow I did; I wouldn't want to come back and face the music.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,723

Post#825 » by the_process » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:33 pm

Philly2good wrote:
Rastas wrote:
Philly2good wrote:Haha Morey is trash..The guy is down right terrible at his job

Agreed 8-)
76ers going from the #1 seed to struggling to avoid the Playin.
:banghead:

It's painful to watch....We have become a laughing stock

The irony is dripping off this sentence.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#826 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:41 pm

Ben Simmons walking back into the Sixers facility
;ab_channel=ClassicEntertainment
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#827 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:43 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
erving4ever wrote:So on RTRS, Spike maintains that Ben will only be used by the 76ers to squeeze tha last remaining leverage Morey has. Sort of like, give your best offers now cause who knows we might keep Ben. That the 76ers wont really actually risk playing Ben in a home game that might turn into a disaster. He said, maybe Ben plays an away pre season game but thats it. 2 weeks or less, Ben is gone, he said.

Spike doesn’t know **** lol

Woah easy there buddy
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,532

Post#828 » by 76ciology » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Tomjas wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
You & I could create a “bidding war” for Simmons

Morey should be judged on the results of the trade & not upon whether anyone is interested in Simmons

Btw, Doc still can’t confirm whether Simmons actually wants to play let alone begging for it

All we know is that he wants his money

Plot twist: I just posted that to see if ur syntax

lol

As an Australian, I want to see Ben do well but time has come for him to move on because he’s hurting the Sixers and himself

Sad but reality

That’s not Syntax

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,473

Post#829 » by PD28 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 pm

76ciology wrote:Getting into a 9 team bid war with a mystery dark horse team while Ben is on his knees begging to play while we have a roster that can inflate Ben’s numbers shows how great Morey is.

He’s not perfect. But he’s perfect for the job as our GM at this stage of our program.

Do you think there's a chance Philly keeps him till the trade deadline?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#830 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:59 pm

PD28 wrote:Do you think there's a chance Philly keeps him till the trade deadline?

I don't think Morey would mind, and it doesn't sound like Josh Harris would either.
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,473

Post#831 » by PD28 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:01 pm

Stanford wrote:
PD28 wrote:Do you think there's a chance Philly keeps him till the trade deadline?

I don't think Morey would mind, and it doesn't sound like Josh Harris would either.

I think that would be the right move to get the best return. Philly is talented enough to be a top 4 seed without Ben playing (although I do think he'll play). There are a lot of bad teams that will cave once they think he won't be available.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#832 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:06 pm

Stanford wrote:

Unless we have no chance of winning a title or a star comes available, if he’s here at the deadline he’s here until the offseason
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#833 » by Skates » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:19 pm

December makes more sense if not in the newt few weeks, more moveable contracts, more teams realizing, hey, we kind of suck. Right now they all see themselves as having a chance to compete at one level or another, except the teams in full rebuild. Necessary matching salary and play skill sets become more available in December, and it is still early enough in the season that making a change can really matter for the season.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#834 » by stormi » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Ben for Zion. Half joking.

Pelicans fans seem to be getting sick of his routine of showing up way overweight and it being detrimental to his health.

Let him learn how to take care of his body from one of the best in Joel Embiid.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 661

Post#835 » by Monix » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:43 pm

nvm
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#836 » by SixthStreet » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:44 pm

I know they said this about Embiid too, but it doesn't look like you can build around Zion. He needs a co-star and Ingram isn't it. Griffin may not be able to hold on to his draft assets much longer if they want to try it with Zion. Otherwise maybe dealing Zion is the play.

If Zion and Simmons were compatible I wonder how much draft futures we could wring out of the Pelicans for him but a Zion/Simmons team makes no sense.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#837 » by DCasey91 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:50 pm

Skates wrote:Windhorst at least doesn't seem like the guy he used to be, essentially stalking Lebron outside LBJ's house in the bushes. His sources seem to be more established and broader than they used to be.

The truth is at this point no one knows, not even Morey, when and where Simmons will head off to. We have one road preseason game and then 3 of the first four regular season games are on the road, before a long homestand.

If Simmons is, as we all believe, here for the short term, and plays, don't be surprised if there is a minor 'injury' that keeps him out of that early home game. If he is going to play in a home game, I would not be surprised to see Joel grab the mic when people start booing and jeering Simmons from the start and chastise them to support him and the team.

Also, without Canadians like Stanford on the Board I wouldn't know that only Americans call Canadian Bacon by that name, wonder if there are any Australian meat pie or vegemite myths that our Aussie friends can debunk for me (-;

1. Yanks put on way to too much Vegemite on the toast the nunceheads. It ain’t butter it’s strong stuff. Take it easy

2. Vegemite, butter, cheese on toast, couple of mins in the grill is $$$$$.

3. Meat pies, we have the best ones in the world somewhere in the coastline in Melbourne. Been there it’s legit has awards and everything. Could chuck the pie sideways and no meat comes out. In fact it’s so good u don’t need sauce (always sauce the pie lol). The best Burger in the world is also from around those parts. Same deal. Had it, best burger ever. Don’t know what they did but legit no lettuce fell out of it couldn’t believe it lol. Best coffee to outside of Europeans places. Some time ago wogs came here settled and the rest is history.

4. Been to a lot of countries, it’s ironic (our land is very arid in the middle), but hands down overall we have the best food in the world. Something in the water most likely (cleanest around any part of the world)

5. Also it’s a huge place, can get stinking hot and super dry, expensive as F but you get what you pay for I guess.

6. No lie or to toot the horn, but if you like a busy life or a laidback one, Australia is the best bet in either options. Which is very weird but true. Also Australians look very different to what some people think we look like. We are multicultural asf. Like a full blown Asian/Italian/whatever ethnic background looking dude or dudette as soon as we open our mouths it’s a dead giveaway lol

It’s a simple how’s it going... wtf you’re an Aussie, if I had a dollar for every time someone said that I’d a free night out with the boys.

Gone off track but yeah, always sauce the pie and don’t overdo the vegemite.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#838 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:08 pm

Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,590

Post#839 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:09 pm

SixthStreet wrote:I know they said this about Embiid too, but it doesn't look like you can build around Zion. He needs a co-star and Ingram isn't it. Griffin may not be able to hold on to his draft assets much longer if they want to try it with Zion. Otherwise maybe dealing Zion is the play.

If Zion and Simmons were compatible I wonder how much draft futures we could wring out of the Pelicans for him but a Zion/Simmons team makes no sense.

Simmons isn’t a legit co-star either.
always a jump shot away.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#840 » by MVP1992 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:19 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
1. Yanks put on way to too much Vegemite on the toast the nunceheads. It ain’t butter it’s strong stuff. Take it easy

2. Vegemite, butter, cheese on toast, couple of mins in the grill is $$$$$.

3. Meat pies, we have the best ones in the world somewhere in the coastline in Melbourne. Been there it’s legit has awards and everything. Could chuck the pie sideways and no meat comes out. In fact it’s so good u don’t need sauce (always sauce the pie lol). The best Burger in the world is also from around those parts. Same deal. Had it, best burger ever. Don’t know what they did but legit no lettuce fell out of it couldn’t believe it lol. Best coffee to outside of Europeans places. Some time ago wogs came here settled and the rest is history.

4. Been to a lot of countries, it’s ironic (our land is very arid in the middle), but hands down overall we have the best food in the world. Something in the water most likely (cleanest around any part of the world)

5. Also it’s a huge place, can get stinking hot and super dry, expensive as F but you get what you pay for I guess.

6. No lie or to toot the horn, but if you like a busy life or a laidback one, Australia is the best bet in either options. Which is very weird but true. Also Australians look very different to what some people think we look like. We are multicultural asf. Like a full blown Asian/Italian/whatever ethnic background looking dude or dudette as soon as we open our mouths it’s a dead giveaway lol

It’s a simple how’s it going... wtf you’re an Aussie, if I had a dollar for every time someone said that I’d a free night out with the boys.

Gone off track but yeah, always sauce the pie and don’t overdo the vegemite.

And if you like crayfish or scallops (shell fish not potato), can't go past Tasmania for crayfish/lobster mornay or curried scallop pies :nod:
Mr. Biden shot back: “You’ve got more questions? Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”

Return to Philadelphia 76ers