ImageImageImage

Georges Niang thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

DHM
Junior
And1: 163

Re: Georges Niang thread 

Post#41 » by DHM » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:16 pm

LloydFree wrote:People are crying about the loss of Seth Curry. I'm more than OK with him being gone, if it means Niang is in the Starting Lineup for him and getting his minutes. Unlike Curry, Niang takes contested 3's, and doesn't get run off the line as much.

I just hope he keeps getting up 10 three's per game and forces Doc to keep him in the lineup.

Spot on! :nod:
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#42 » by Arsenal » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:51 pm

LloydFree wrote:People are crying about the loss of Seth Curry. I'm more than OK with him being gone, if it means Niang is in the Starting Lineup for him and getting his minutes. Unlike Curry, Niang takes contested 3's, and doesn't get run off the line as much.

I just hope he keeps getting up 10 three's per game and forces Doc to keep him in the lineup.

This.

Now if Tobias would also get the memo, we'll be cooking...
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#43 » by sixers4real » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:41 am

I’m not crying.

I never saw Seth more then a very good bench player on a title team. We want to be a title team, so Niang for $4M is way way better then Curry at $8M.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#44 » by Stanford » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:52 pm

LloydFree wrote:People are crying about the loss of Seth Curry.

Are they though? I just see Nets fans gloating about it.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#45 » by thenbaman » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:55 pm

Niang the greek freak stopper.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#46 » by LloydFree » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:47 pm

Stanford wrote:

Most 76ers fans are happy about the trade because we upgraded to Harden from Simmons. But I have seen some lamenting over the loss of Curry. IMO, the loss of Seth Curry is insignificant, but I've seen some that believe he's a big loss.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#47 » by stormi » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:24 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Most 76ers fans are happy about the trade because we upgraded to Harden from Simmons. But I have seen some lamenting over the loss of Curry. IMO, the loss of Seth Curry is insignificant, but I've seen some that believe he's a big loss.

It's more casual national media acting like he isn't a 30 year old severely limited role player. I'm not even sure the presence of Seth is more valuable than Danny's in the world of James Harden. Bigger body, better defender, faster trigger, more willing shooter.

The initial asking price of Ben, Maxey++++ to Houston being turned into Ben+ two middle aged role players a late pick and a protected pick 5 years from now was tremendous value.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#48 » by Stanford » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:54 pm

stormi wrote:It's more casual national media acting like he isn't a 30 year old severely limited role player.

Yeah, I don't see too many Sixers fans lamenting the loss, outside of what is normally experienced when a team trades a productive, well-liked player. I heard Bill Simmons say, "boy, the Sixers sure could use a player like Seth Curry right now." And, yeah, they could. They could use a player like Ben Simmons right now too. And the Nets could use a player like James Harden. It would be great to get James Harden and also have the pieces you traded to get him. That's not how trades work.

(Don't know why this is in the Niang thread though - oops)

stormi wrote:The initial asking price of Ben, Maxey++++ to Houston being turned into Ben+ two middle aged role players a late pick and a protected pick 5 years from now was tremendous value.

Yeah, they didn't even get an unprotected pick! People see "two first round picks" and just assume they'll turn into Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown. There is zero chance of that happening.

Morey did a hell of a job on this deal.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#49 » by LloydFree » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:21 pm

Stanford wrote:
stormi wrote:It's more casual national media acting like he isn't a 30 year old severely limited role player.

Yeah, I don't see too many Sixers fans lamenting the loss, outside of what is normally experienced when a team trades a productive, well-liked player. I heard Bill Simmons say, "boy, the Sixers sure could use a player like Seth Curry right now." And, yeah, they could. They could use a player like Ben Simmons right now too. And the Nets could use a player like James Harden. It would be great to get James Harden and also have the pieces you traded to get him. That's not how trades work.

(Don't know why this is in the Niang thread though - oops)

stormi wrote:The initial asking price of Ben, Maxey++++ to Houston being turned into Ben+ two middle aged role players a late pick and a protected pick 5 years from now was tremendous value.

Yeah, they didn't even get an unprotected pick! People see "two first round picks" and just assume they'll turn into Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown. There is zero chance of that happening.

Morey did a hell of a job on this deal.

Niang took Curry's spot in the Starting Lineup, and is a better fit with Harden.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,494

Post#50 » by elchengue20 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:39 pm

Nobody cared about Drummond or Seth Curry before they came here.

Thats where you see the work of a good GM. Buy low and sell high.
rocketsfan100
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,350

Post#51 » by rocketsfan100 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:29 am

Niang is the perfect floor spacing big that Harden lineups should have

Return to Philadelphia 76ers