ImageImageImage

The Official Fire Doc Rivers Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,541

Re: The Official Fire Doc Rivers Thread 

Post#721 » by SixthStreet » Fri Dec 2, 2022 6:50 pm

the_process wrote:IMO they aren't firing Glenn until they lose in the first or second round again. It also wouldn't surprise me if they do the old "kick him upstairs" routine instead of firing him.

The Sixers borrowing the Flyers way?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#722 » by the_process » Sat Dec 3, 2022 3:54 am

SixthStreet wrote:
the_process wrote:IMO they aren't firing Glenn until they lose in the first or second round again. It also wouldn't surprise me if they do the old "kick him upstairs" routine instead of firing him.

The Sixers borrowing the Flyers way?

Well, you know the old saying: don’t fix what’s broken!
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,541

Post#723 » by SixthStreet » Mon Dec 5, 2022 3:52 am

O/U on how many minutes Rivers plays Harden tomorrow?
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,432

Post#724 » by FlyingArrow » Mon Dec 5, 2022 6:25 am

SixthStreet wrote:O/U on how many minutes Rivers plays Harden tomorrow?

Is it his first game back? I think he'll keep it under 40. O/U 35. :nonono:
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Post#725 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 5, 2022 6:39 am

SixthStreet wrote:O/U on how many minutes Rivers plays Harden tomorrow?

40. So Harden can lose weight and save room for all the holiday weight he’s gonna gain.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#726 » by Arsenal » Sun May 14, 2023 9:56 pm

Time to resurrect this bad boy. Is this fraud gone yet???
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,599

Post#727 » by FireMorey » Sun May 14, 2023 9:57 pm

Word going around that he won't be fired.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#728 » by Arsenal » Sun May 14, 2023 11:00 pm

FireMorey wrote:Word going around that he won't be fired.

The only reason is cheap @ss ownership. Look around the league. Teams that care about winning don't accept this level of chokitude.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant

Post#729 » by FireMorey » Sun May 14, 2023 11:03 pm

Arsenal wrote:

The only reason is cheap @ss ownership. Look around the league. Teams that care about winning don't accept this level of chokitude.

That and Morey likes him. Don't be surprised if Harden is re-signed too.

This is why people need to stop emotionally investing in these losers. Going forward it's on the fans for keeping doing it to yourselves. Gotta learn by now.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#730 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun May 14, 2023 11:20 pm

You can't be serious
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#731 » by Arsenal » Mon May 15, 2023 12:20 am

Target List if we don't blow it up:

1) Bud
2) Udoka (if we can get him to back out of HOU lol)
3) Nurse
4) Williams
5) Vogel
6) Atkinson
the_process
RealGM

Post#732 » by the_process » Mon May 15, 2023 12:24 am

Someone else here said they were debating it?
the_process
RealGM

Post#733 » by the_process » Mon May 15, 2023 12:32 am

FireMorey wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

That and Morey likes him. Don't be surprised if Harden is re-signed too.

This is why people need to stop emotionally investing in these losers. Going forward it's on the fans for keeping doing it to yourselves. Gotta learn by now.

IMorey and Harden having a handshake agreement on a max after one season at a lesser rate to create cap room is not unexpected. We’ll see.

If Harden is back they need to get someone else to be the man. Embiid may be MVP, but he’s clearly not the man. Don’t know how they’re getting that with Harris, Maxey, and a 1st.
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#734 » by BoomBap » Mon May 15, 2023 12:36 pm

if they dont fire his ass by the end of this week, i am done. I am just done with this team.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,799

Post#735 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 15, 2023 12:59 pm

He's definitely going to be the one that falls on the sword. He was hired before Morey, so that's the baked in excuse here.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#736 » by sixers4real » Mon May 15, 2023 1:28 pm

It 9.28 AM in Philly Monday morning.

When are they announcing Rivers is fired? Under over 7.5 hours? I say under

Over-wise I’m upset. Again lol
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant

Post#737 » by FireMorey » Mon May 15, 2023 3:13 pm

I don't want them to fire him if they aren't going to make other wholesale changes. I can't put up with a summer of Sixers fans talking themselves into a mere coaching change being the difference in getting out of the 2nd round next year. Every year Sixers fans delusionally talk themselves into something they know won't be true.

But if Rivers getting fired is one move of a series of significant changes, sure go for it.
the_process
RealGM

Post#738 » by the_process » Mon May 15, 2023 3:23 pm

Friday at 3PM to avoid all the press. :lol:
Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,491

Post#739 » by Hipster Doofus » Mon May 15, 2023 3:31 pm

I have followed this team since Spring 2001 - day in, day out, draft, summer league, process years, the whole shebang for 22 years.

I remember the Iverson trade to the Pistons, I remember NBAdraft.net's player comparison of Thaddeus Young to Paul Pierce, I remember Lou Williams' rookie year, I remember Willie Green hitting a game winning three-pointer in a preseason game against the Nets, and everything in between.

My cup of anger, desperation and hopelessness has slowly been filling up over the years and decades. I thought, as a super strong fan, I had enough reserve space in the cup to enable me to see the Sixers win a championship.

I told myself when the cup starts overflowing, I will officially resign as a decades-long fan of this team because that would indicate not my failure as a fan, but the failure of the organization towards its fans and the city.

Today, after 22 years, the cup is completely and officially full.

What would cause it to start overflowing and tip me over? If this organization decides to keep Glenn Rivers after a long history of repeated failures.

I refuse to have a short memory and swallow my pride and fandom and let myself be fooled year after year after year.

If Rivers' job is safe and he remains our coach, I'm officially resigning. And that sucks because the Sixers would've lost a damn good ambassador in Canada for anything Philly-related, who proudly wears 76ers gear amongst Raptors land, who passionately debates with coworkers and friends, who goes to every Sixers game when they visit Toronto, etc etc etc. Not like they or anyone cares, of course.

If Rivers is fired, then that would remove juuuuust enought amount of anger and hopelessness from my cup to make it a hair below full and I'll give this organization another chance.

Then I will keep my eye on the team over the offseason - if mediocre changes are made, sayonara. It is time to see some real meaningful changes around here.

It's the 76ers decision on whether they want to keep the fans they have or start losing fans. Because they sure as hell ain't gaining new ones.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant

Post#740 » by FireMorey » Mon May 15, 2023 3:40 pm

Fans can do whatever they want, but I find it absolutely ridiculous that keeping Doc Rivers would be the one thing that pushed the fans over the edge. Not the countless other significantly more egregious things they've done along the way.

I stopped being a fan after Butler left. I've watched about 5 total full games since that point, and none of them were in this year's playoffs. How people could hang through that abomination or going into the 2019 summer without a GM, or the whole Colangelo nonsense, but bail because they kept Doc freaking Rivers?

That suggests to me that fans are still in denial. They want to blame this whole mess on Rivers so they can bury their heads in the sand and talk themselves into a coaching change being the solution, because it's too painful to admit that this team is cooked and will never win a title. They're out of picks, out of money, out of options. It's hard to admit this run is finished after all the tanking all the losing, all the building. So psychologically people are trying to talk themselves into firing Rivers being the solution.

It's the only explanation people would be so passionate about something of such little prioritization.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers