Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1201 » by Philly2good » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:52 am

Tomjas wrote:
76ciology wrote:Ben Simmons is 25 years old
Ben Simmons has 4 years in the contract
Sixers is playing well

Sixers dont need Ben

Ben needs the sixers to trade him now, this is why he’s having a tantrum

Sixers could just let him rot by not playing him.

By 2025, he’d be 29 years old. Never played a game in the last 4 years. Some team will give him a one year contract, similar to what we’ve seen with Drummond or D12. And because they acquire him cheaply, its easy for them to cut him. And when Ben asks for a big contract, no team will pay a 14ppg player who can’t shoot who hasn’t played a single game in the last 4 years who’s gonna turn 30 the next year.

When D12 was asked about Ben, he said he see his situation with Ben. He is partly right. You saw how D12’s career has been in the last 2 seasons? That’s what’s Ben career is gonna be in 2025 onwards.

Take into consideration, GMs and owners would be in cahoots to make it happen and show the players what happens if you dont fulfill the obligation in your contract.

5th seeded Sixers don’t need 25% of their cap space :lol:

Fk you guys come up with the dumbest takes

76iology has absolutely no idea....I wouldn't worry mate
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1202 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:56 am

Philly2good wrote:I think it's quite obvious Ben has mental issues...He has had them since day one. How else can you explaine his unwillingness to shoot the ball?

And that’s the thing

It’s not so much that he can’t shoot, it’s that it reached the point where he refuses to do so

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to discover that he’s suffering from an anxiety disorder

Bjorn Borg suffered from same & retired at 26
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 339

Post#1203 » by Jhawk03 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:07 am

Philly2good wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
76ciology wrote:Ben Simmons is 25 years old
Ben Simmons has 4 years in the contract
Sixers is playing well

Sixers dont need Ben

Ben needs the sixers to trade him now, this is why he’s having a tantrum

Sixers could just let him rot by not playing him.

By 2025, he’d be 29 years old. Never played a game in the last 4 years. Some team will give him a one year contract, similar to what we’ve seen with Drummond or D12. And because they acquire him cheaply, its easy for them to cut him. And when Ben asks for a big contract, no team will pay a 14ppg player who can’t shoot who hasn’t played a single game in the last 4 years who’s gonna turn 30 the next year.

When D12 was asked about Ben, he said he see his situation with Ben. He is partly right. You saw how D12’s career has been in the last 2 seasons? That’s what’s Ben career is gonna be in 2025 onwards.

Take into consideration, GMs and owners would be in cahoots to make it happen and show the players what happens if you dont fulfill the obligation in your contract.

5th seeded Sixers don’t need 25% of their cap space :lol:

Fk you guys come up with the dumbest takes

76iology has absolutely no idea....I wouldn't worry mate

John Wall holds an even greater amount of "cap space"

At a certain point, the focus needs to shift from Ben not wanting to play basketball (millions of dollars at stake) to his mental health unrelated to basketball, because he's under tremendous pressure right now.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Post#1204 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:27 am

Soft.

Trade offers have been soft offers.

Good thing Morey is not soft to be pressured from lack of offers.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#1205 » by Rastas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 am

What an environment to try Heal from a Mental problem.
Liar
Looser
Piece of #%*t
Soft
Let him Rot

Half you guys wont even blink an eye if you woke up to news of a Ben Suicide.........Because no way you can be Wrong.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1206 » by sixers4real » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:56 am

I’m with 76ciology all the way. We are a good team with Embiid, 7-2.

We have a great GM in Morey.

Tomjas, don’t even try, I won’t respond.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1207 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:00 am

Rastas wrote:What an environment to try Heal from a Mental problem.
Liar
Looser
Piece of #%*t
Soft
Let him Rot

Half you guys wont even blink an eye if you woke up to news of a Ben Suicide.........Because no way you can be Wrong.

Im more concerned if Morey wont develop a mental problem from moving goal posts of back injury to mental illness then pursuing harden to Dame to Jaylen Brown. Then now Celts wont trade us Jaylen Brown?! Arrrghh..

Too much pressure….

Then you factor in the deadline is coming.

Tic tok tic tok…

*btw that mental illness is just a hearsay until its proven to be true by our team’s medical representatives. Surely if it’s proven, our team won’t fine Ben and would just pay him while he’s playing COD at home while we’d probably focus on other things to talk about.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#1208 » by Black Mage » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:07 am

Tomjas wrote:
Mr Chim wrote:
Mik317 wrote:idk nothing says I'm lying more than "well just say I'm lying then...i dare you"

this attempt at sympathy is hard to sell after all of the offseason stuff and the back injury attempt prior.

But to each their own. This is just our now biweekly attempt at each side attempting to control the narrative.

don't care anymore.

The fact his camp is now trying to spin this narrative that Ben is victim and asking people to ignore 6 months of Ben displaying insubordination and a complete lack of effort is mind boggling. The fact that it will work on 50% of people because mental health and quicks headlines > context and facts is even sadder.

He’s been in therapy FOR MONTHS

Why?

In therapy for months but no diagnosis? No doctors note? Sorry, not how this works. I have to review employee claims for WC and a diagnosis and fitness to work can be made within a few visits of beginning therapy.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1209 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:12 am

:wink: :wink:

:lol:
Rastas
Starter

Post#1210 » by Rastas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:14 am

76ciology wrote:
Rastas wrote:What an environment to try Heal from a Mental problem.
Liar
Looser
Piece of #%*t
Soft
Let him Rot

Im more concerned if Morey wont develop a mental problem from moving goal posts of back injury to mental illness then pursuing harden to Dame to Jaylen Brown. Then now Celts wont trade us Jaylen Brown?! Arrrghh..

Too much pressure….

Then you factor in the deadline is coming.

Tic tok tic tok…

*btw that mental illness is just a hearsay until its proven to be true by our team’s medical representatives. Surely if it’s proven, our team won’t fine Ben and would just pay him while he’s playing COD at home while we’d probably focus on other things to talk about.

Oh I see your under the Presumption That Morey is actually looking to Trade Ben ......... Reality is he has not been doing that and insulting any GM foolish enough to call him about Ben.
The main Goal Posts being moved here are the "Lets trade Ben for Player X" to the "Let him Rot Morey" as you yourself seem to be moving towards.

Oh and Yeah - Guilty until proven Innocent - the moto of the Pitchfork Crowd.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1211 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:16 am

Black Mage wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Mr Chim wrote:The fact his camp is now trying to spin this narrative that Ben is victim and asking people to ignore 6 months of Ben displaying insubordination and a complete lack of effort is mind boggling. The fact that it will work on 50% of people because mental health and quicks headlines > context and facts is even sadder.

Why?

In therapy for months but no diagnosis? No doctors note? Sorry, not how this works. I have to review employee claims for WC and a diagnosis and fitness to work can be made within a few visits of beginning therapy.

Yeah. And why would Ben withhold this information when it would cost him money by doing so?

Just think about it.

Motive guys. Use your head.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1212 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:18 am

If my team, including Morey, isn’t buy into this mental illness excuse… then why would I believe it?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1213 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:23 am

One incentive we have by not making a deal right away is it opens us to a deal where we get a meh player but possibly get a good pick that could get us the best player in the deal.

For instance if Celtics continues to be bad, we possibly can do something like Marcus Smart and unprotected 2022 Celts pick for Ben or LeVert and 2022 Pacers pick for Ben or Harrison Barnes and 2022 Kings pick for Ben.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#1214 » by DCasey91 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:28 am

Tomjas for the last time how much of a train wreck has Ben and Ben’s camp caused, don’t need to answer it, it’s a lot by my estimation.

Organization is more powerful than a spoilt rich kid.

It’s clearly bias coming out if you want to stand on a lonely island on it then by all means go ahead.

Takes a fool to argue with one so that makes me a fool.

Put simply Ben and Ben’s camp can go to a hardware store buy a bag cement and harden up. That’s it

Sixers have to abide by what the NBA protocol is saying to do. FO wanting more information is normal even with client confidentiality because it’s outsourced.

Why do you think he’s getting fined. A monkey could figure that one out.
Rastas
Starter

Post#1215 » by Rastas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:28 am

76ciology wrote:If my team, including Morey, isn’t buy into this mental illness excuse… then why would I believe it?

Did anyone say you have to believe it.

But it's ok to go off on Ben because basically everything is Ben's fault Blah blah blah and I'm 100% right because I trust Morey.
:banghead:
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#1216 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:29 am

Black Mage wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Mr Chim wrote:The fact his camp is now trying to spin this narrative that Ben is victim and asking people to ignore 6 months of Ben displaying insubordination and a complete lack of effort is mind boggling. The fact that it will work on 50% of people because mental health and quicks headlines > context and facts is even sadder.

Why?

It’s exactly how it works

Stop comparing an ordinary workplace to the world of professional sports

Sixers have admitted that Simmons is doing everything asked of him and released the balance from escrow

In the meantime, he’s still getting treatment

None of us know what is happening but there’s something definitely not right here

I have personally seen the career of a professional athlete ruined due to mental issues so people need to back off until we actually know the facts

It’s getting us nowhere
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1217 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:32 am

Two trades I wouldnt mind.

FVV and Boucher
Brunson and KP

Im thinking we could use KP or Boucher just to be a stretch 4 who can protect the rim, would be useful to go up against Giannis.

I find KP and Boucher to be undervalued right now and being able to play with Biid or Drummond can put them into a position to be better than they are in their current situation

It also opens mismatch situations for either KP, Boucher or Tobi.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#1218 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:34 am

76ciology wrote:If my team, including Morey, isn’t buy into this mental illness excuse… then why would I believe it?

The team has bought into it as evidenced by the statements of Joel & Tobias

Morey doesn’t give a fk & only cares about trade value

Why would we believe the Sixers anyway?

They would lie about an ingrown nail if it benefited them and there’s years of evidence to back this up
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#1219 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:38 am

76ciology wrote:Two trades I wouldnt mind.

FVV and Boucher
Brunson and KP

Im thinking we could use KP or Boucher just to be a stretch 4 who can protect the rim, would be useful to go up against Giannis.

I find KP and Boucher to be undervalued right now and being able to play with Biid or Drummond can put them into a position to be better than they are in their current situation

It also opens mismatch situations for either KP, Boucher or Tobi.

Ben to Dallas

KP to Spurs

Assets from each to Sixers

KP makes Ben & Joel look low maintenance and his body can’t stand up to it
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#1220 » by DCasey91 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:39 am

Said last season Ben will give it away in 5 years or less or would only stay on to get another big contract.

He’s never been a sharp or even a good tool in the shed upstairs.

He is the prince, the pauper and the joker of his own world.

Hope for his own sake he doesn’t drown in this which he won’t because you have seen his actions play out.

The last thing he wants to do is actually the most important thing and that is to find himself. I do not think basketball has anything to do with it.

Won’t be the first and won’t be the last. Morey is cleaning up past GM’s messes and he still has the two biggest hurdles to go.

The only trade report that was seemingly legit was Brogdon and pick 13 or something like that. Not exactly the rolls royces of deals.

Sometime people who are born good at something do not want to do it all while other times (normal folk) dream of doing that very same thing but have zero chance what’s so ever. That’s reality

Something that has rarely crossed into Ben’s world for a long time.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers