ImageImageImage

The Tomjas Thread

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1221 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:49 am

DCasey91 wrote:Tomjas for the last time how much of a train wreck has Ben and Ben’s camp caused, don’t need to answer it, it’s a lot by my estimation.

Organization is more powerful than a spoilt rich kid.

It’s clearly bias coming out if you want to stand on a lonely island on it then by all means go ahead.

Takes a fool to argue with one so that makes me a fool.

Put simply Ben and Ben’s camp can go to a hardware store buy a bag cement and harden up. That’s it

Sixers have to abide by what the NBA protocol is saying to do. FO wanting more information is normal even with client confidentiality because it’s outsourced.

Why do you think he’s getting fined. A monkey could figure that one out.


It’s business

If the Sixers had an ounce of sense, they wouldn’t be leaking like a sieve but that’s Morey’s MO

Toe the party line

“Ben is in Camden and working towards a return”

That’s it

No ifs, buts, maybes or headlines

Instead we have a ****

Everyone knows that Simmons doesn’t want to be here and that we want to trade him so shut the fk up

His value is dependent on what’s happening elsewhere so shut the fk up and let it happen

But no ….
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 32,558
And1: 14,705
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1222 » by Sixerscan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:54 am

Tomjas wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Tomjas for the last time how much of a train wreck has Ben and Ben’s camp caused, don’t need to answer it, it’s a lot by my estimation.

Organization is more powerful than a spoilt rich kid.

It’s clearly bias coming out if you want to stand on a lonely island on it then by all means go ahead.

Takes a fool to argue with one so that makes me a fool.

Put simply Ben and Ben’s camp can go to a hardware store buy a bag cement and harden up. That’s it

Sixers have to abide by what the NBA protocol is saying to do. FO wanting more information is normal even with client confidentiality because it’s outsourced.

Why do you think he’s getting fined. A monkey could figure that one out.


It’s business

If the Sixers had an ounce of sense, they wouldn’t be leaking like a sieve but that’s Morey’s MO

Toe the party line

“Ben is in Camden and working towards a return”

That’s it

No ifs, buts, maybes or headlines

Instead we have a ****

Everyone knows that Simmons doesn’t want to be here and that we want to trade him so shut the fk up

His value is dependent on what’s happening elsewhere so shut the fk up and let it happen

But no ….


What are they leaking?

He's trying to get paid millions of dollars without performing under his contract, they don't want to pay him. They have to give a reason to the league and the players association for not paying him, Woj finds out that reason because he's Woj.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 12,743
And1: 13,212
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1223 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:54 am

Tomjas wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
He’s been in therapy FOR MONTHS

Why?


In therapy for months but no diagnosis? No doctors note? Sorry, not how this works. I have to review employee claims for WC and a diagnosis and fitness to work can be made within a few visits of beginning therapy.




Sixers have admitted that Simmons is doing everything asked of him and released the balance from escrow



As always, what you say is not remotely true. The Sixers say he hasn't done everything they asked of him because they have asked him to provide them with information and updates on his status and claim he is not getting it. Perhaps you believe Ben has provided the information (you'd have no way of knowing but that has never been necessary for your Ben propaganda) or maybe you think the Sixers have no right to the information (since all of us obviously can just tell our employer that we're not up to working right now but still expect our paychecks, no questions asked). But this idea that the Sixers acknowledge Ben is doing everything they ask is just another made up figment of your imagination.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 12,743
And1: 13,212
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1224 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:56 am

Tomjas wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Tomjas for the last time how much of a train wreck has Ben and Ben’s camp caused, don’t need to answer it, it’s a lot by my estimation.

Organization is more powerful than a spoilt rich kid.

It’s clearly bias coming out if you want to stand on a lonely island on it then by all means go ahead.

Takes a fool to argue with one so that makes me a fool.

Put simply Ben and Ben’s camp can go to a hardware store buy a bag cement and harden up. That’s it

Sixers have to abide by what the NBA protocol is saying to do. FO wanting more information is normal even with client confidentiality because it’s outsourced.

Why do you think he’s getting fined. A monkey could figure that one out.


It’s business

If the Sixers had an ounce of sense, they wouldn’t be leaking like a sieve but that’s Morey’s MO


[/quote]

Sixers leaking like a sieve - hours after an article quoting nothing but Ben's camp.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
DCasey91
Head Coach
Posts: 6,381
And1: 3,330
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1225 » by DCasey91 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:05 pm

Yeah it literally came from Rich Paul’s mouth about some stupid statement just recently about some stupid issue about nonsense.

NBA is a business there’s still legal processes involved.

What’s humorous is that Rich Paul himself is going to be the fall guy. If you can’t see a storm when there’s lightning and rain around well then it’s your fault getting struck.

Sixers FO is asking Ben’s camp for legit info. Not hard to understand here because the big boss man said so (NBA).

Do you know who should have shut the f up. Ben and Ben’s camp. Head down bum up play recoup value get traded get an All Star nod super simple and super logical.

But woe is me. It’s childlike how they are acting.
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1226 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:12 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
In therapy for months but no diagnosis? No doctors note? Sorry, not how this works. I have to review employee claims for WC and a diagnosis and fitness to work can be made within a few visits of beginning therapy.




Sixers have admitted that Simmons is doing everything asked of him and released the balance from escrow



As always, what you say is not remotely true. The Sixers say he hasn't done everything they asked of him because they have asked him to provide them with information and updates on his status and claim he is not getting it. Perhaps you believe Ben has provided the information (you'd have no way of knowing but that has never been necessary for your Ben propaganda) or maybe you think the Sixers have no right to the information (since all of us obviously can just tell our employer that we're not up to working right now but still expect our paychecks, no questions asked). But this idea that the Sixers acknowledge Ben is doing everything they ask is just another made up figment of your imagination.


Stop being a homer

They have released his money from escrow according to Shams

This is not “Ben propaganda” and why the hell is the money relevant anyway when none of it stays with the Sixers

It’s either paid to Simmons or goes to the NBA/Players Association in fines and counts against our cap in either case

Until people work out that this a massive lose all around, it will be nothing more than 2 jilted lovers arguing with someone that they don’t care about
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1227 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:15 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Tomjas for the last time how much of a train wreck has Ben and Ben’s camp caused, don’t need to answer it, it’s a lot by my estimation.

Organization is more powerful than a spoilt rich kid.

It’s clearly bias coming out if you want to stand on a lonely island on it then by all means go ahead.

Takes a fool to argue with one so that makes me a fool.

Put simply Ben and Ben’s camp can go to a hardware store buy a bag cement and harden up. That’s it

Sixers have to abide by what the NBA protocol is saying to do. FO wanting more information is normal even with client confidentiality because it’s outsourced.

Why do you think he’s getting fined. A monkey could figure that one out.


It’s business

If the Sixers had an ounce of sense, they wouldn’t be leaking like a sieve but that’s Morey’s MO




Sixers leaking like a sieve - hours after an article quoting nothing but Ben's camp.[/quote]

In response to Sixers leaks

Jeez dude

If you think an agent is just going to sit there while his unhappy client cops it then you’re living in an alternate reality
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 12,743
And1: 13,212
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1228 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:17 pm

Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:


Sixers have admitted that Simmons is doing everything asked of him and released the balance from escrow



As always, what you say is not remotely true. The Sixers say he hasn't done everything they asked of him because they have asked him to provide them with information and updates on his status and claim he is not getting it. Perhaps you believe Ben has provided the information (you'd have no way of knowing but that has never been necessary for your Ben propaganda) or maybe you think the Sixers have no right to the information (since all of us obviously can just tell our employer that we're not up to working right now but still expect our paychecks, no questions asked). But this idea that the Sixers acknowledge Ben is doing everything they ask is just another made up figment of your imagination.


Stop being a homer

They have released his money from escrow according to Shams

This is not “Ben propaganda” and why the hell is the money relevant anyway when none of it stays with the Sixers

It’s either paid to Simmons or goes to the NBA/Players Association in fines and counts against our cap in either case

Until people work out that this a massive lose all around, it will be nothing more than 2 jilted lovers arguing with someone that they don’t care about


I love how your solution is that if the fine money would just go to the NBA any way (I don't think that's where it goes), Sixers should just pay it to Ben because, you know, that's how things work in life. Tell your employer that you're not going to work anymore but to still pay you since otherwise it would just go to the government as taxes and then get back to us when you receive your first check.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 12,743
And1: 13,212
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1229 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:18 pm

Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:


It’s business

If the Sixers had an ounce of sense, they wouldn’t be leaking like a sieve but that’s Morey’s MO




Sixers leaking like a sieve - hours after an article quoting nothing but Ben's camp.


In response to Sixers leaks

Jeez dude

If you think an agent is just going to sit there while his unhappy client cops it then you’re living in an alternate reality[/quote]

Your position is that an employee should refuse to show up for work, then show up and claim mental illness, then refuse to provide any information about what is going on, and still receive their paycheck. But yes, it is I who lives in an alternate reality.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 32,558
And1: 14,705
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1230 » by Sixerscan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:18 pm

Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:


Sixers have admitted that Simmons is doing everything asked of him and released the balance from escrow



As always, what you say is not remotely true. The Sixers say he hasn't done everything they asked of him because they have asked him to provide them with information and updates on his status and claim he is not getting it. Perhaps you believe Ben has provided the information (you'd have no way of knowing but that has never been necessary for your Ben propaganda) or maybe you think the Sixers have no right to the information (since all of us obviously can just tell our employer that we're not up to working right now but still expect our paychecks, no questions asked). But this idea that the Sixers acknowledge Ben is doing everything they ask is just another made up figment of your imagination.


Stop being a homer

They have released his money from escrow according to Shams

This is not “Ben propaganda” and why the hell is the money relevant anyway when none of it stays with the Sixers

It’s either paid to Simmons or goes to the NBA/Players Association in fines and counts against our cap in either case

Until people work out that this a massive lose all around, it will be nothing more than 2 jilted lovers arguing with someone that they don’t care about


Per Sham's article, they released the money from escrow on October 19, because he was practicing and "as a sign of good faith". Then later that day he refused to do a drill and got kicked out of practice.

He claimed he wasn't mentally ready to play on October 22.

Then he started getting fined again because he wasn't providing sufficient information on the mental stuff.

So no, they haven't admitted he's doing everything asked of him.
sodmoraes
Senior
Posts: 689
And1: 256
Joined: Dec 28, 2004
 

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1231 » by sodmoraes » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:25 pm

I may be dumb, but i´m failing to understand ben/rich paul endgame strategy, flashing the "mental health card". In my opinion, it erodes ben´s value even more, making the possibility of a trade harder. Which team will want to trade good players for a broken down player, who maybe will need some time off after the trade, to fix his "mental issues" ? Ben value around the league was already low before his mental problems. After that, he doesnt have value anymore.

We already know Morey won´t trade ben just for the sake of doing it. So now, with his mental health disease, we will get worst trade offers, so Morey will probably never trade him. He will be in philly forever, probably without getting paid( since it seems is just a scam to get paid).

So if rich paul wants ben ou ot Philly, this strategy doesnt seem good. I think they are using this so Ben gets paid. It may work in the short term, but in the long term i think it makes a trade harder to happen. Seems like a shortsighted move, but they are desperate. :lol:
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1232 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:29 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
As always, what you say is not remotely true. The Sixers say he hasn't done everything they asked of him because they have asked him to provide them with information and updates on his status and claim he is not getting it. Perhaps you believe Ben has provided the information (you'd have no way of knowing but that has never been necessary for your Ben propaganda) or maybe you think the Sixers have no right to the information (since all of us obviously can just tell our employer that we're not up to working right now but still expect our paychecks, no questions asked). But this idea that the Sixers acknowledge Ben is doing everything they ask is just another made up figment of your imagination.


Stop being a homer

They have released his money from escrow according to Shams

This is not “Ben propaganda” and why the hell is the money relevant anyway when none of it stays with the Sixers

It’s either paid to Simmons or goes to the NBA/Players Association in fines and counts against our cap in either case

Until people work out that this a massive lose all around, it will be nothing more than 2 jilted lovers arguing with someone that they don’t care about


I love how your solution is that if the fine money would just go to the NBA any way (I don't think that's where it goes), Sixers should just pay it to Ben because, you know, that's how things work in life. Tell your employer that you're not going to work anymore but to still pay you since otherwise it would just go to the government as taxes and then get back to us when you receive your first check.


It’s covered by the cba

I don’t care whether Ben gets paid because none of it benefits me

Stop talking about money and work on a solution

Trashing him is not the answer

Serious question

What happens if he retires tomorrow?

Look up Anthony Kim if you don’t think that it can happen
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 12,743
And1: 13,212
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1233 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:36 pm

Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Stop being a homer

They have released his money from escrow according to Shams

This is not “Ben propaganda” and why the hell is the money relevant anyway when none of it stays with the Sixers

It’s either paid to Simmons or goes to the NBA/Players Association in fines and counts against our cap in either case

Until people work out that this a massive lose all around, it will be nothing more than 2 jilted lovers arguing with someone that they don’t care about


I love how your solution is that if the fine money would just go to the NBA any way (I don't think that's where it goes), Sixers should just pay it to Ben because, you know, that's how things work in life. Tell your employer that you're not going to work anymore but to still pay you since otherwise it would just go to the government as taxes and then get back to us when you receive your first check.


It’s covered by the cba

I don’t care whether Ben gets paid because none of it benefits me

Stop talking about money and work on a solution

Trashing him is not the answer

Serious question

What happens if he retires tomorrow?

Look up Anthony Kim if you don’t think that it can happen


By stop talking about money, you mean the Sixers should just pay him his money - which they were doing as long as they had some understanding as to what was going on. So what you're really saying his pay him his money with no questions asked which is not how it works with any employer anywhere on the planet.

And I don't understand the connection between paying him his money and him retiring. Do you mean that continuing to get paid is somehow vital for Ben's mental health? If he wants to retire from the NBA forever then fine with me, I will accept his choice.

I just looked up this Anthony Kim fellow. It seems he places his lack of golfing more on physical injuries than mental health issues. But let's assume it's actually all mental health. What's your point? He's not still asking to be paid as if he won a tournament he didn't play in. I don't see anything about his sponsors continuing to pay him either. If Simmons decides that playing basketball is not good for this mental health and wants to retire, that's certainly a decision he has every right to make. But that's not what is happening here. He wants to both not play while still being paid as if he had. There's the problem.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 32,558
And1: 14,705
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1234 » by Sixerscan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:40 pm

Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Stop being a homer

They have released his money from escrow according to Shams

This is not “Ben propaganda” and why the hell is the money relevant anyway when none of it stays with the Sixers

It’s either paid to Simmons or goes to the NBA/Players Association in fines and counts against our cap in either case

Until people work out that this a massive lose all around, it will be nothing more than 2 jilted lovers arguing with someone that they don’t care about


I love how your solution is that if the fine money would just go to the NBA any way (I don't think that's where it goes), Sixers should just pay it to Ben because, you know, that's how things work in life. Tell your employer that you're not going to work anymore but to still pay you since otherwise it would just go to the government as taxes and then get back to us when you receive your first check.


It’s covered by the cba

I don’t care whether Ben gets paid because none of it benefits me

Stop talking about money and work on a solution

Trashing him is not the answer

Serious question

What happens if he retires tomorrow?

Look up Anthony Kim if you don’t think that it can happen


To be clear, by "trashing him" you mean fining him for not performing and then giving a basic reason to the league and players association, as is required by the CBA.

And by "solution" you mean let Ben do whatever he wants to do and still pay him until they trade him. Because anything short of that seems to result in his agent whining to Shams.
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1235 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:43 pm

sodmoraes wrote:I may be dumb, but i´m failing to understand ben/rich paul endgame strategy, flashing the "mental health card". In my opinion, it erodes ben´s value even more, making the possibility of a trade harder. Which team will want to trade good players for a broken down player, who maybe will need some time off after the trade, to fix his "mental issues" ? Ben value around the league was already low before his mental problems. After that, he doesnt have value anymore.

We already know Morey won´t trade ben just for the sake of doing it. So now, with his mental health disease, we will get worst trade offers, so Morey will probably never trade him. He will be in philly forever, probably without getting paid( since it seems is just a scam to get paid).

So if rich paul wants ben ou ot Philly, this strategy doesnt seem good. I think they are using this so Ben gets paid. It may work in the short term, but in the long term i think it makes a trade harder to happen. Seems like a shortsighted move, but they are desperate. :lol:


My belief is that Ben is actually going through things as none of it makes sense

The guy turned up in Philly unannounced when he obviously didn’t want to be here

He hasn’t hated on the Sixers or his teammates and apparently can’t articulate why he wants out

Basically just random, knee jerk, uncoordinated reactions to get paid
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 18,053
And1: 8,255
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1236 » by Negrodamus » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:56 pm

The league will eventually intervene (as they always do) and force a trade. Ben not playing hurts them and the fight being so public must be driving Silver crazy.
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1237 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:11 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
I love how your solution is that if the fine money would just go to the NBA any way (I don't think that's where it goes), Sixers should just pay it to Ben because, you know, that's how things work in life. Tell your employer that you're not going to work anymore but to still pay you since otherwise it would just go to the government as taxes and then get back to us when you receive your first check.


It’s covered by the cba

I don’t care whether Ben gets paid because none of it benefits me

Stop talking about money and work on a solution

Trashing him is not the answer

Serious question

What happens if he retires tomorrow?

Look up Anthony Kim if you don’t think that it can happen


By stop talking about money, you mean the Sixers should just pay him his money - which they were doing as long as they had some understanding as to what was going on. So what you're really saying his pay him his money with no questions asked which is not how it works with any employer anywhere on the planet.

And I don't understand the connection between paying him his money and him retiring. Do you mean that continuing to get paid is somehow vital for Ben's mental health? If he wants to retire from the NBA forever then fine with me, I will accept his choice.

I just looked up this Anthony Kim fellow. It seems he places his lack of golfing more on physical injuries than mental health issues. But let's assume it's actually all mental health. What's your point? He's not still asking to be paid as if he won a tournament he didn't play in. I don't see anything about his sponsors continuing to pay him either. If Simmons decides that playing basketball is not good for this mental health and wants to retire, that's certainly a decision he has every right to make. But that's not what is happening here. He wants to both not play while still being paid as if he had. There's the problem.


Anthony Kim was regarded as the next Tiger

American/Korean and top 10

Retired out of nowhere with a massive insurance payout to fall back on (rumoured to be $50 million)

Can’t play again as that would entail repaying the money

Allegedly not a career ending injury but came with rumours of mental health issues

Nobody actually knows

Sound familiar?

Simmons has a fully guaranteed contract

It happens
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 12,743
And1: 13,212
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1238 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:21 pm

Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
It’s covered by the cba

I don’t care whether Ben gets paid because none of it benefits me

Stop talking about money and work on a solution

Trashing him is not the answer

Serious question

What happens if he retires tomorrow?

Look up Anthony Kim if you don’t think that it can happen


By stop talking about money, you mean the Sixers should just pay him his money - which they were doing as long as they had some understanding as to what was going on. So what you're really saying his pay him his money with no questions asked which is not how it works with any employer anywhere on the planet.

And I don't understand the connection between paying him his money and him retiring. Do you mean that continuing to get paid is somehow vital for Ben's mental health? If he wants to retire from the NBA forever then fine with me, I will accept his choice.

I just looked up this Anthony Kim fellow. It seems he places his lack of golfing more on physical injuries than mental health issues. But let's assume it's actually all mental health. What's your point? He's not still asking to be paid as if he won a tournament he didn't play in. I don't see anything about his sponsors continuing to pay him either. If Simmons decides that playing basketball is not good for this mental health and wants to retire, that's certainly a decision he has every right to make. But that's not what is happening here. He wants to both not play while still being paid as if he had. There's the problem.


Anthony Kim was regarded as the next Tiger

American/Korean and top 10

Retired out of nowhere with a massive insurance payout to fall back on (rumoured to be $50 million)

Can’t play again as that would entail repaying the money

Allegedly not a career ending injury but came with rumours of mental health issues

Nobody actually knows

Sound familiar?

Simmons has a fully guaranteed contract

It happens


I ask again, what is your point? I've already said Ben is more than welcome to retire if he feels that's the best decision for himself.

Ben's contract is not guaranteed against retirement. Hopefully he's got a nice insurance policy that covers "not being mentally prepared".
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 32,558
And1: 14,705
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1239 » by Sixerscan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:26 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
By stop talking about money, you mean the Sixers should just pay him his money - which they were doing as long as they had some understanding as to what was going on. So what you're really saying his pay him his money with no questions asked which is not how it works with any employer anywhere on the planet.

And I don't understand the connection between paying him his money and him retiring. Do you mean that continuing to get paid is somehow vital for Ben's mental health? If he wants to retire from the NBA forever then fine with me, I will accept his choice.

I just looked up this Anthony Kim fellow. It seems he places his lack of golfing more on physical injuries than mental health issues. But let's assume it's actually all mental health. What's your point? He's not still asking to be paid as if he won a tournament he didn't play in. I don't see anything about his sponsors continuing to pay him either. If Simmons decides that playing basketball is not good for this mental health and wants to retire, that's certainly a decision he has every right to make. But that's not what is happening here. He wants to both not play while still being paid as if he had. There's the problem.


Anthony Kim was regarded as the next Tiger

American/Korean and top 10

Retired out of nowhere with a massive insurance payout to fall back on (rumoured to be $50 million)

Can’t play again as that would entail repaying the money

Allegedly not a career ending injury but came with rumours of mental health issues

Nobody actually knows

Sound familiar?

Simmons has a fully guaranteed contract

It happens


I ask again, what is your point? I've already said Ben is more than welcome to retire if he feels that's the best decision for himself.

Ben's contract is not guaranteed against retirement. Hopefully he's got a nice insurance policy that covers "not being mentally prepared".


If he's not comfortable with the information the Sixers are asking for, wait until he deals with an insurance company.

And as we have discussed, I'm sure a big reason the Sixers want his diagnosis and information about what he's doing to treat it is because they need that to file an insurance claim on his contract. Of course avoiding providing that information seemingly puts pressure on the Sixers to trade him... which in turn is why the fines come.
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1240 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:27 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
By stop talking about money, you mean the Sixers should just pay him his money - which they were doing as long as they had some understanding as to what was going on. So what you're really saying his pay him his money with no questions asked which is not how it works with any employer anywhere on the planet.

And I don't understand the connection between paying him his money and him retiring. Do you mean that continuing to get paid is somehow vital for Ben's mental health? If he wants to retire from the NBA forever then fine with me, I will accept his choice.

I just looked up this Anthony Kim fellow. It seems he places his lack of golfing more on physical injuries than mental health issues. But let's assume it's actually all mental health. What's your point? He's not still asking to be paid as if he won a tournament he didn't play in. I don't see anything about his sponsors continuing to pay him either. If Simmons decides that playing basketball is not good for this mental health and wants to retire, that's certainly a decision he has every right to make. But that's not what is happening here. He wants to both not play while still being paid as if he had. There's the problem.


Anthony Kim was regarded as the next Tiger

American/Korean and top 10

Retired out of nowhere with a massive insurance payout to fall back on (rumoured to be $50 million)

Can’t play again as that would entail repaying the money

Allegedly not a career ending injury but came with rumours of mental health issues

Nobody actually knows

Sound familiar?

Simmons has a fully guaranteed contract

It happens


I ask again, what is your point? I've already said Ben is more than welcome to retire if he feels that's the best decision for himself.

Ben's contract is not guaranteed against retirement. Hopefully he's got a nice insurance policy that covers "not being mentally prepared".


Comes down to medical opinion

Once again, people are speculating without information

Simmons is either unwell or not

Nobody knows outside inner circle

Return to Philadelphia 76ers