ImageImageImage

The Tomjas Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#41 » by Kobblehead » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:27 am

SixthStreet wrote:Held would be useful in the regular season. Completely worthless in the playoffs. Unless he's a negative asset in the trade (i.e. getting picks/swaps for taking his salary) no way.

I mean, you just described Ben Simmons. Redick was a better piece for us than Simmons. Hield is a bigger/better version of Redick. No reason to think he can't be a flawed, but useful playoff piece for us. Besides, the real prize is getting and developing Haliburton. A guy who has the jumper and defense to be a two-way playoff beast for us.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#42 » by GutUNC » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:04 am

KramerDSP wrote:Here’s a crazy three way trade I’m sure some of you will think is insane, but I’m gonna throw it out there anyway.

Houston trades Wall for Harris and Thybulle.

Sacramento trades Barnes, Bagley, Haliburton, and a 2022nd 1st for Simmons, Milton, and Reed.

Philly trades Simmons, Milton, Thybulle, Reed for Wall, Barnes, Bagley, Haliburton, and a 1st or a swap.

Philly ends up with:

John Wall/Tyrese Haliburton
Seth Curry/Tyrese Maxey
Danny Green/Furkan Korkmaz
Harrison Barnes/Georges Niang
Joel Embiid/Andre Drummond

At the deadline, we consolidate the roster further and turn Danny Green ++ into a solid 4 who can move Barnes to the 3.

Sixers don't do the 1st. In no way does Wall have more (or better said, less negative) value then Tobias.

Kings don't do the 2nd. They at least would keep their 1st.
GDTBATH
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#43 » by Tomjas » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:51 am

Fox has had a bad start to season
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,828

Post#44 » by Negrodamus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 pm

Tomjas wrote:Fox has had a bad start to season

Kind of expected, but if this keeps up, he absolutely needs to be the target.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#45 » by Sixersftw » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:43 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Agreed. I like that he hasn't been shy shooting the ball still. Replacing Maxey in the starting lineup with Fox would be huge for this team.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#46 » by Negrodamus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:53 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Agreed. I like that he hasn't been shy shooting the ball still. Replacing Maxey in the starting lineup with Fox would be huge for this team.

Acclimation period aside (which I think there would be a significant curve), I think we would be the team coming out of the East. Maxey with the second group and Drummond will enhance Tyrese's game while Embiid and Fox will be an unstoppable duo. 2 incredibly fast and aggressive guards attacking the defense all game will be tough to stop.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#47 » by Sixersftw » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:00 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Acclimation period aside (which I think there would be a significant curve), I think we would be the team coming out of the East. Maxey with the second group and Drummond will enhance Tyrese's game while Embiid and Fox will be an unstoppable duo. 2 incredibly fast and aggressive guards attacking the defense all game will be tough to stop.

I agree. I saw some really good chemistry between Max, Drummond and Furk on the second unit. That unit should be able to run other team's benches off the floor. Similarly, Curry setting screens for Fox or acting as the safety valve for a Fox/Embiid PnR would be a bad bad time for defenses.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#48 » by the_process » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:49 pm

HOU gets Bagley, Harris, Milton, 2022 PHI 1st top 10 protected, and 2023 SAC 1st top 10 protected
PHI gets Haliburton, Hield, Wood, Wall, and 2025 SAC 1st top 10 protected
SAC gets Simmons and Curry

Wall/Haliburton/Springer
Hield/Maxey/Joe
Korkmaz/Thybulle/Green
Wood/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey

Adjust the protections if need be. Also Danny Green would go out ASAP.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#49 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:50 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Do you think Fox is the guy that can get us points down the stretch? I feel like that has been our Achilles' heel the last 3 seasons.

Edit: I do love how "startable" he is next to Curry. I don't feel like our backcourt would get crushed defensively.

Fox/Maxey/Springer
Curry/Korkmaz/Milton
Green/Thybulle/Joe
Harris/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#50 » by Negrodamus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:57 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:Agreed. I like that he hasn't been shy shooting the ball still. Replacing Maxey in the starting lineup with Fox would be huge for this team.

Do you think Fox is the guy that can get us points down the stretch? I feel like that has been our Achilles' heel the last 3 seasons.

Yes, I think he's capable of creating for himself and getting baskets as the shotclock goes down.

I will say that he's more prone to turnovers than Ben (due to the nature of the way they play offense) and he's not an elite shooter, but I think he would enjoy the gravity on offense that Embiid presents and would have an easier time scoring.

The problem would be the offense has to change. We run a lot of sets where everyone is touching the ball with the intention of getting Embiid a look or taking a three. If that fails, we usually look to Tobias to play ISO ball. Tobias would have to return to off ball shooting and we'd have to let De'Aaron cook a decent amount. We haven't really had a guard like him in the Brett Brown era (aside from Fultz, I guess) and certainly not in the Doc era.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,552

Post#51 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 pm

Semi OT:
PnR
Maxey: 8 possessions/g 1.08pts per possession
Korkmaz: 5.7 possessions/g 1.18 pts per possession

Both at 46-48% of all their possessions

We’re one of the best 3pt shooting teams.. we have two guards who has been great running PnR.

As the title of Drake and Future’s single.. “life’s good”.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#52 » by Tomjas » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:40 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:Agreed. I like that he hasn't been shy shooting the ball still. Replacing Maxey in the starting lineup with Fox would be huge for this team.

Edit: I do love how "startable" he is next to Curry. I don't feel like our backcourt would get crushed defensively.

Fox/Maxey/Springer
Curry/Korkmaz/Milton
Green/Thybulle/Joe
Harris/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey

Fox is one of the worst defenders in the nba
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#53 » by Stanford » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:49 pm

Morey needs to do his job and not trade for Fox, the terrible defender
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#54 » by kuclas » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:00 pm

The first 10 games are usually treated as pre season games. We will get a clearer picture after that how we stand. And what we need.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#55 » by Negrodamus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Currently, the worst defender in the NBA is a tie between Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irving. They are also the worst offensive players too.

Provide nothing on both ends.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#56 » by Negrodamus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#57 » by Sixerscan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:01 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Would be interested to know if they're actually paying him or just putting it in the escrow/not taking more money out.

Does seem like they're trying to deescalate things.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,689

Post#58 » by stormi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:05 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Operation scam: complete
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#59 » by Stanford » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:06 pm

Rich Paul genius after all. Mental health ftw
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#60 » by Negrodamus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:06 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Would be interested to know if they're actually paying him or just putting it in the escrow/not taking more money out.

I'm going to guess outright paying him.

Read on Twitter

Return to Philadelphia 76ers