ImageImageImage

Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 35,814
And1: 15,524
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#621 » by Kobblehead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:36 pm

JRoy wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Haliburton followed up his 33 minute, 0 point effort against us with 33 minutes and 6 points against Portland. Has now scored single digits in 5 of the last 7 games (playing 33.1 mpg during this stretch).


I don’t know what’s going on with Halliburton. He seems to check all the boxes to be an impact player but he seemed to be looking not to shoot against POR. He took a few shots but he had opportunities to take several more and passed them off to other players.

This is how he played during his freshman year at Iowa State. He was a complete non-factor. Played 32.2 mpg and only scored 6.8 ppg. Was passive and lacked confidence. I think in his heart of hearts, he's just more comfortable being a JAG.

I honestly think C.J. Elleby would have a better career than guys like Haliburton and Bey if Portland would just somehow find a 20 mpg role for him.
JRoy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,119
And1: 2,848
Joined: Feb 27, 2019
 

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#622 » by JRoy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:48 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
JRoy wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Haliburton followed up his 33 minute, 0 point effort against us with 33 minutes and 6 points against Portland. Has now scored single digits in 5 of the last 7 games (playing 33.1 mpg during this stretch).


I don’t know what’s going on with Halliburton. He seems to check all the boxes to be an impact player but he seemed to be looking not to shoot against POR. He took a few shots but he had opportunities to take several more and passed them off to other players.

This is how he played during his freshman year at Iowa State. He was a complete non-factor. Played 32.2 mpg and only scored 6.8 ppg. Was passive and lacked confidence. I think in his heart of hearts, he's just more comfortable being a JAG.

I honestly think C.J. Elleby would have a better career than guys like Haliburton and Bey if Portland would just somehow find a 20 mpg role for him.


I don’t know, Elleby is so damn bad
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all


I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 35,814
And1: 15,524
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#623 » by Kobblehead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:58 pm

Elleby had a great college career. He hasn't even been given a chance yet at the NBA level. He played over 20 minutes just once his career so far (and he showed out well in that game).

Zumramania
Sophomore
Posts: 202
And1: 98
Joined: Jan 21, 2019
   

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#624 » by Zumramania » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:31 am

JRoy wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Haliburton followed up his 33 minute, 0 point effort against us with 33 minutes and 6 points against Portland. Has now scored single digits in 5 of the last 7 games (playing 33.1 mpg during this stretch).


I don’t know what’s going on with Halliburton. He seems to check all the boxes to be an impact player but he seemed to be looking not to shoot against POR. He took a few shots but he had opportunities to take several more and passed them off to other players.


He is slowly turning into Ben Simmons like that dude turns into a fly in that Cronenberg's movie.
Jokes aside, if he continues to play badly and this is just the Sacramento effect, we could trade for him at a lower price.
Black Mage
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,819
And1: 3,584
Joined: Feb 24, 2017
       

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#625 » by Black Mage » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:49 am

DCasey91 wrote:I’m actually on the bring back Ben plan. Setup like this:

Maxey
Green
Niang
Ben
Embiid

Curry
Milton
Thybulle
Harris
Drummond

Looks good to me. See who or any team that wants Harris/Korkmaz and take this to the playoffs. Wall could be an option


Oh yay, now Ben can clog the paint for Embiid AND Maxey!
Black Mage
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,819
And1: 3,584
Joined: Feb 24, 2017
       

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#626 » by Black Mage » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:49 am

Negrodamus wrote:Dillon Brooks
Desmond Bane
Kyle Anderson
De'Anthony Melton

for Ben Simmons

Thoughts? Griz likely wouldn't do that since it completely guts their perimeter, but Ben fits with Jaren Jackson and adds much needed defense to a horrendous defensive team.


Who are the Sixers dropping to fit all those new players?
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 21,607
And1: 5,830
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#627 » by the_process » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:31 am

Negrodamus wrote:Dillon Brooks
Desmond Bane
Kyle Anderson
De'Anthony Melton

for Ben Simmons

Thoughts? Griz likely wouldn't do that since it completely guts their perimeter, but Ben fits with Jaren Jackson and adds much needed defense to a horrendous defensive team.


I don’t think they trade Bane, Morant, or Jackson for Simmons.

Would you take Brooks, Melton, Culver, a protected 2023 1st, and an unprotected 2025 1st?
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
still in payne
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 47
Joined: Jul 19, 2002

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#628 » by still in payne » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:40 am

Is it possible the Haliburton struggles help us deal Ben? Hield, Fox, and Barnes are taking most of the shots. There might be the perception that he is deferring to the vets, who are hogging the ball, and maybe a guy who doesn't take so many shots will allow Hali to develop. This Sac roster will get a little honeymoon with Gentry, but if there is no improvement, there is going to be pressure from ownership to shake things up.
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#629 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:05 am

The kings should be moving everyone with value bar Hali

Simply isn’t working

Culture is bad but you can’t trade the owner
DCasey91
Head Coach
Posts: 6,381
And1: 3,330
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#630 » by DCasey91 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:54 am

Black Mage wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:I’m actually on the bring back Ben plan. Setup like this:

Maxey
Green
Niang
Ben
Embiid

Curry
Milton
Thybulle
Harris
Drummond

Looks good to me. See who or any team that wants Harris/Korkmaz and take this to the playoffs. Wall could be an option


Oh yay, now Ben can clog the paint for Embiid AND Maxey!


Play 2/3 out spread super simple

Thybulle for switch defense for Ben, Harris as the scorer when Embiid sits.

What we have right now is actually very much workable.

All three clog the paint just as much as each other. All at fault to me. And Doc as well very much so
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#631 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:00 am

Ben’s not coming back

That ship has sailed and sunk in the Bermuda Triangle
User avatar
stormi
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,852
And1: 3,908
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: PXE island
 

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#632 » by stormi » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:02 am

DCasey91 wrote:I’m actually on the bring back Ben plan. Setup like this:

Maxey
Green
Niang
Ben
Embiid

Curry
Milton
Thybulle
Harris
Drummond

Looks good to me. See who or any team that wants Harris/Korkmaz and take this to the playoffs. Wall could be an option


Finally a real team.
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#633 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:58 am

stormi wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:I’m actually on the bring back Ben plan. Setup like this:

Maxey
Green
Niang
Ben
Embiid

Curry
Milton
Thybulle
Harris
Drummond

Looks good to me. See who or any team that wants Harris/Korkmaz and take this to the playoffs. Wall could be an option


Finally a real team.


It’s not happening & won’t go anywhere if it does

Nets have skinny Harden back and flat earther will return soon
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,190
And1: 2,909
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#634 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:07 pm

I watched the Nets burn the Celtics and then saw Ant destroy the Heat

Talent wins

No Ben, no changes, no chance
User avatar
Samson
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,947
And1: 211
Joined: Jun 10, 2001
Location: Florida
       

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#635 » by Samson » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:34 pm

*Every. Single. Time.* I visit this forum, the last post on like a handful of different threads has been made by *the same dude*. And we all know who it is.

There is only so many times I can most-heartfeltly recommend the going-outside-and-digging-a-hole therapy. It's Black Friday for the love of our Lord and Savior, *GO SHOPPING* .... JUST WALK AROUND AND LOOK AT THE GIRLS EVEN.

There are more important things in life than Ben MF'ing Simmons.
kuclas
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,915
And1: 2,790
Joined: Nov 08, 2016
     

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#636 » by kuclas » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Tomjas wrote:Ben’s not coming back

That ship has sailed and sunk in the Bermuda Triangle


He ain’t getting paid. He’s gonna to have to do something. Or lost 25 million or whatever is remaining.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 21,607
And1: 5,830
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#637 » by the_process » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:32 pm

Tomjas wrote:I watched the Nets burn the Celtics and then saw Ant destroy the Heat

Talent wins

No Ben, no changes, no chance


None of that is new or unknown.
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 18,053
And1: 8,255
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#638 » by Negrodamus » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:29 pm

Black Mage wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Dillon Brooks
Desmond Bane
Kyle Anderson
De'Anthony Melton

for Ben Simmons

Thoughts? Griz likely wouldn't do that since it completely guts their perimeter, but Ben fits with Jaren Jackson and adds much needed defense to a horrendous defensive team.


Who are the Sixers dropping to fit all those new players?


Third team would likely have to be involved.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 18,053
And1: 8,255
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#639 » by Negrodamus » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:51 pm

the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Dillon Brooks
Desmond Bane
Kyle Anderson
De'Anthony Melton

for Ben Simmons

Thoughts? Griz likely wouldn't do that since it completely guts their perimeter, but Ben fits with Jaren Jackson and adds much needed defense to a horrendous defensive team.


I don’t think they trade Bane, Morant, or Jackson for Simmons.

Would you take Brooks, Melton, Culver, a protected 2023 1st, and an unprotected 2025 1st?


I'd much rather have Kyle Anderson than Melton or Culver. I also see him as a secondary ball handler with distribution ability in lieu of Maxey being a great passer.
Black Mage
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,819
And1: 3,584
Joined: Feb 24, 2017
       

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#640 » by Black Mage » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:35 am

DCasey91 wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:I’m actually on the bring back Ben plan. Setup like this:

Maxey
Green
Niang
Ben
Embiid

Curry
Milton
Thybulle
Harris
Drummond

Looks good to me. See who or any team that wants Harris/Korkmaz and take this to the playoffs. Wall could be an option


Oh yay, now Ben can clog the paint for Embiid AND Maxey!


Play 2/3 out spread super simple

Thybulle for switch defense for Ben, Harris as the scorer when Embiid sits.

What we have right now is actually very much workable.

All three clog the paint just as much as each other. All at fault to me. And Doc as well very much so


No, it literally is not workable and we have 4 years of evidence to prove that. If Ben doesn't shoot, his man clogs the paint. PERIOD. Ben's man gets to play free safety, clogging the lane for Maxey or for Joel or playing the passing lanes.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers