Post#641 » by Black Mage » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:37 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Dillon Brooks
Desmond Bane
Kyle Anderson
De'Anthony Melton

for Ben Simmons

Thoughts? Griz likely wouldn't do that since it completely guts their perimeter, but Ben fits with Jaren Jackson and adds much needed defense to a horrendous defensive team.

Who are the Sixers dropping to fit all those new players?

Third team would likely have to be involved.

So what's the 3rd team part of this deal? Who is the guy you're keeping? Are we getting another player from another team? This trade makes no sense because you didn't even complete it.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,419

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#642 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:56 am

People are too focused right now on two things..
1.) ben simmons trade
2.) how to make ourselves a better regular season team with us hovering around the bottom in the playoff seedings

There’s really not much concerns with our team because i think almost everyone is confident that we can be a very good team once everyone is back. The emergence of Maxey, our depth and how we’re playing the RIGHT WAY makes us probably the funnest team ever in this Embiid era.

But..

There are red flagswhen it comes to playoff match-ups.

Our forward position is very small that gives us match-up problems against the bigger forwards in the east like Randle, Siakam, Durant and Giannis.

Then if we face the likely team coming out from the west, Warriors. I do think our lack of size to be a very good switchable team will prevent us to be a good defensive team against them.

We dont have to worry about the playoffs but by the trade deadline there are some roster issues we need to address if we want to make it past the second round
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#643 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:01 am

I was listening to Bodner’s latest podcast. And they discussed an interesting topic.

Sixers is a front runner in any top tier player trade sweepstakes with a Ben Simmons and Maxey offer.

I hate to give up Maxey. But after hearing this, I think im open to it with the right offer.

For instance, I wouldnt mind trading Ben Simmons and Maxey for SGA and LuDort. SGA gives us a primary perimeter scorer while LuDort provides us 3&D size at the wing position. What do you think?

The more i think of it, I think Maxey is a very good “pump and dump” piece. Im not saying we should shop him. But at the right package, we should be more open to trade him.

This post should give more flavor to this thread.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#644 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:43 am

Yup, I'm fully in favor of selling high on the Maxey stock. He's just scoring a bunch of points with little to no passing, shooting or defense. If you can package he with Simmons, you might be able to get a really good return.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#645 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:16 am

Simmons/Milton for Haliburton/Hield/FRPs

I know Sac supposedly doesn't want to trade Hali, but they're sinking fast (as they have been perpetually). I think they may eventually come around.

Maxey/Curry/Springer
Haliburton/Hield/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Korkmaz
Harris/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey

Not spectacular but better than what we have now. Boy do I miss having a top-10 defensive team.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#646 » by the_process » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:40 am

76ciology wrote:I was listening to Bodner’s latest podcast. And they discussed an interesting topic.

Sixers is a front runner in any top tier player trade sweepstakes with a Ben Simmons and Maxey offer.

I hate to give up Maxey. But after hearing this, I think im open to it with the right offer.

For instance, I wouldnt mind trading Ben Simmons and Maxey for SGA and LuDort. SGA gives us a primary perimeter scorer while LuDort provides us 3&D size at the wing position. What do you think?

The more i think of it, I think Maxey is a very good “pump and dump” piece. Im not saying we should shop him. But at the right package, we should be more open to trade him.

This is my list of players I would trade both Maxey and Simmons for:

Durant
Steph
Tatum
Trae
Booker
Mitchell
Doncic
Morant
Jokic
SGA

Considering that list... I don't see the Sixers as front runners for the next star trade.
the_process
RealGM

Post#647 » by the_process » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:47 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Simmons/Milton for Haliburton/Hield/FRPs

I know Sac supposedly doesn't want to trade Hali, but they're sinking fast (as they have been perpetually). I think they may eventually come around.

Maxey/Curry/Springer
Haliburton/Hield/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Korkmaz
Harris/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey

Not spectacular but better than what we have now. Boy do I miss having a top-10 defensive team.

Yep, love the long term combo of Maxey and Haliburton.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#648 » by Negrodamus » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:25 am

Black Mage wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
Who are the Sixers dropping to fit all those new players?

Third team would likely have to be involved.

So what's the 3rd team part of this deal? Who is the guy you're keeping? Are we getting another player from another team? This trade makes no sense because you didn't even complete it.

Ugh, are you really going to make me do work to fill in some expendable pieces into this trade?

Add Thybulle, Springer, and Reed on our side to make it work heads up. We don't really lose anything imminently with those three.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#649 » by Tomjas » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:36 am

The Celtics would be better if they replaced Brown with Simmons as their offence is so iso heavy and just doesn’t work
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#650 » by Tomjas » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:19 am

What would we give up for AD?
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#651 » by Jhawk03 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:25 am

Samson wrote:*Every. Single. Time.* I visit this forum, the last post on like a handful of different threads has been made by *the same dude*. And we all know who it is.

There is only so many times I can most-heartfeltly recommend the going-outside-and-digging-a-hole therapy. It's Black Friday for the love of our Lord and Savior, *GO SHOPPING* .... JUST WALK AROUND AND LOOK AT THE GIRLS EVEN.

There are more important things in life than Ben MF'ing Simmons.

76ciology wrote:I was listening to Bodner’s latest podcast. And they discussed an interesting topic.

Tomjas wrote:What would we give up for AD?

Ok, full stop on this thread. I mean, I don't know anyone outside of maybe this post below that understands what's going on...

the_process wrote:

Durant
Steph
Tatum
Trae
Booker
Mitchell
Doncic
Morant
Jokic

Considering that list... I don't see the Sixers as front runners for the next star trade.

Now the bolded part needs to be addressed, even my dad asks about Ben (he's not a Sixers fan, not even close to a fan and we're not from Philly, but even he instinctually knows the critical value of Ben) and I'll say this point blank

As long as Morey is in charge, (actually Morey could be fired tomorrow and this **** still won't end) please let these idiots who post EVERY SINGLE **** DAY, saying the Sixers will NOT get a star for Simmons post their garbage. Let them post this same narrative over and over and over and over again until they climax. Because *Every. Single. Time.* everyday, this thread will eat itself alive with alternatives involving players that don't move the needle (but yeah wat about Emibiid's prime tho yo) the idiots are contradicting themselves by caring about "Embiid's prime" while posting nonsense trade ideas.

It's time we realize what's happening and what will eventually happen with Ben. I took SGA off that "ridiculous" list by the_process in order to cement my point. Nonetheless, this situation is making idiots out of damn near everybody.
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#652 » by BigSleep333 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:04 pm

man up ben, man up! i dont think we will get anything good for him, if he doesnt show up on the court and proves hes still an allstar candidate. he needs to understand that, otherwise he will continue to fall into oblivion. (watched a game replay recently with opponents broadcasters, and they didnt even mentioned simmons when they called our long list of unavailable players)

maybe he doesnt care at all and just wants to be on tv with the kardashians...sadly a real possibility
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#653 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:52 pm

Tomjas wrote:The Celtics would be better if they replaced Brown with Simmons as their offence is so iso heavy and just doesn’t work

I think it would be a mistake for the Celtics to focus on improving the regular season offensive symmetry. Tatum is already a mediocre #1 option and now you'd be asking Dennis Schroder to be a #2. That won't bode well for their playoff chances.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,995

Post#654 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:38 pm

Brown is way better than Simmons, it's not even close guys.
Horrible takes since 2016
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#655 » by PhillyNj » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Brown is way better than Simmons, it's not even close guys.

This is completely untrue.
Brown is a way different player. His strength is scoring and shooting with an average defense.
Simmons strength is defense ,passing and rebounding.
You might like scoring more but there’s more to basketball than scoring. Over all I give the edge to Brown.
That said it all depends on team needs. Simmons would have a much bigger impact on Sacramento and Minnesota than Brown would.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#656 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:18 pm

Ben Simmons for Jaren Jackson Jr?

JJJ can shoot and play with Biid. He can play what Niang provides on offense.

Yes, we can still run this dribble drive offense + DHO with Seth + Dump the ball to embiid offense.

While he solves a lot of our problems on defense. Such as defending Giannis, Siakam and possibly KD.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#657 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Would you trade Christian Woods, Jalen Green and Eric Gordon for Ben Simmons and Maxey?

Gordon and Woods can help us right away while we can stash Green on the side while he gets read to be an alpha.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,995

Post#658 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:51 pm

76ciology wrote:Ben Simmons for Jaren Jackson Jr?

JJJ can shoot and play with Biid. He can play what Niang provides on offense.

Yes, we can still run this dribble drive offense + DHO with Seth + Dump the ball to embiid offense.

While he solves a lot of our problems on defense. Such as defending Giannis, Siakam and possibly KD.

So a bust for another bust? no thanks.
Horrible takes since 2016
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#659 » by Mik317 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:54 pm

Getting more spot up tweeter power forwards doesn’t seem ideal
#NeverGonnaBeGood
the_process
RealGM

Post#660 » by the_process » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:11 pm

Jhawk03 wrote:
Samson wrote:*Every. Single. Time.* I visit this forum, the last post on like a handful of different threads has been made by *the same dude*. And we all know who it is.

There is only so many times I can most-heartfeltly recommend the going-outside-and-digging-a-hole therapy. It's Black Friday for the love of our Lord and Savior, *GO SHOPPING* .... JUST WALK AROUND AND LOOK AT THE GIRLS EVEN.

There are more important things in life than Ben MF'ing Simmons.

Tomjas wrote:What would we give up for AD?

Ok, full stop on this thread. I mean, I don't know anyone outside of maybe this post below that understands what's going on...

the_process wrote:

Durant
Steph
Tatum
Trae
Booker
Mitchell
Doncic
Morant
Jokic

Now the bolded part needs to be addressed, even my dad asks about Ben (he's not a Sixers fan, not even close to a fan and we're not from Philly, but even he instinctually knows the critical value of Ben) and I'll say this point blank

As long as Morey is in charge, (actually Morey could be fired tomorrow and this **** still won't end) please let these idiots who post EVERY SINGLE **** DAY, saying the Sixers will NOT get a star for Simmons post their garbage. Let them post this same narrative over and over and over and over again until they climax. Because *Every. Single. Time.* everyday, this thread will eat itself alive with alternatives involving players that don't move the needle (but yeah wat about Emibiid's prime tho yo) the idiots are contradicting themselves by caring about "Embiid's prime" while posting nonsense trade ideas.

It's time we realize what's happening and what will eventually happen with Ben. I took SGA off that "ridiculous" list by the_process in order to cement my point. Nonetheless, this situation is making idiots out of damn near everybody.

We’re all frustrated with the situation. But Morey needs to lower his sights in the near term and play a longer term game. That means he needs to be okay with taking back draft picks as a key component of a deal. The stubbornness on both sides is making this worse.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers