ImageImageImage

Game 19: Philadelphia 76ers at Golden State Warriors 11-24-2021 (10 PM EST)

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 16,208

Re: Game 19: Philadelphia 76ers at Golden State Warriors 11-24-2021 (10 PM EST) 

Post#161 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:58 am

stormi wrote:The Warriors really impressed me. Their tempo blitzes teams on the break and the Kerr/Curry offense is just menacing for defenders to keep up with.

Guys like OPJ and Bjelica (Process hater) were awesome pickups. Klay isn't even back yet either.

Also Jordan Poole is awesome, and even Wiggins was making plays defensively.

They're going to be a tough out for anyone. I'd love to see them and the Suns go at it in the playoffs.

Their offense is not just very hard to defend because of all the read and react taking place such as if you step out to defend on their shooters, their guys are going to cut to the baskets and you will give up high % shots.

But..

1.) they turned Andrew Wiggins into a weapon
2.) they can run elite and hard to stop offense with two bigs who can’t shoot (looney and draymond)

You can’t say the same thing on other teams.

Lastly, the new rule change is very favorable on their offense. We’re reverting back to the 2015-2018 era when it’s the golden days of the warriors-spurs type basketball which is so beautiful to watch than this trash heavy iso and pnr basketball in the last 2-3 seasons
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
stormi
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,873

Post#162 » by stormi » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:00 am

kuclas wrote:
stormi wrote:The Warriors really impressed me. Their tempo blitzes teams on the break and the Kerr/Curry offense is just menacing for defenders to keep up with.

Guys like OPJ and Bjelica (Process hater) were awesome pickups. Klay isn't even back yet either.

They're going to be a tough out for anyone. I'd love to see them and the Suns go at it in the playoffs.

They are a fun team. And could be unbeatable if klay comes back to even 90% of his former self. But their biggest weakness is still
The center position. I just don’t see those drives happening with embiid in the paint defending.

And I’m not sure golden state can afford to have draymond on embiid for long stretches in the post. Drsymond drove embiid a little crazy when they met in March. Did a good job with some help defense. But he’s just way too small for embiid so looney as to play much more

They've won their championships with guys like Zaza, Bogut and Looney playing major minutes.

A healthy Warriors series would be a bad matchup for us as currently constructed in the post Ben era. It'd be like the Hawks on steroids. They'd have Seth/Green/Harris on the perimeter getting abused trying to track the ball with the threat of shooters all over and the threat of the lob play to Iggy/Wiseman to keep Jo pinned around the rim.

Also they were defending in waves. There's one plus defender currently apart of the 76ers starting five.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#163 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:53 pm

stormi wrote:
kuclas wrote:

They are a fun team. And could be unbeatable if klay comes back to even 90% of his former self. But their biggest weakness is still
The center position. I just don’t see those drives happening with embiid in the paint defending.

And I’m not sure golden state can afford to have draymond on embiid for long stretches in the post. Drsymond drove embiid a little crazy when they met in March. Did a good job with some help defense. But he’s just way too small for embiid so looney as to play much more

They've won their championships with guys like Zaza, Bogut and Looney playing major minutes.

A healthy Warriors series would be a bad matchup for us as currently constructed in the post Ben era. It'd be like the Hawks on steroids. They'd have Seth/Green/Harris on the perimeter getting abused trying to track the ball with the threat of shooters all over and the threat of the lob play to Iggy/Wiseman to keep Jo pinned around the rim.

Also they were defending in waves. There's one plus defender currently apart of the 76ers starting five.

Our all around short from 1 to 4 position players either need a super in sync defensive team where they can be faster in read and reacting than GSW offense is.

Or you need lengthy wings who can make being a second slow on read and react with all the length.

Our best chance is to chase steph, dont give up shots in the paint then let the other non-steph curry shooters beat us. It will work until Klay proves to be 100%, kind of like box and 1 zone defense
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
blargh
Junior
And1: 239

Post#164 » by blargh » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:27 pm

76ciology wrote:

Their offense is not just very hard to defend because of all the read and react taking place such as if you step out to defend on their shooters, their guys are going to cut to the baskets and you will give up high % shots.

But..

2.) they can run elite and hard to stop offense with two bigs who can’t shoot (looney and draymond)

Lastly, the new rule change is very favorable on their offense. We’re reverting back to the 2015-2018 era when it’s the golden days of the warriors-spurs type basketball which is so beautiful to watch than this trash heavy iso and pnr basketball in the last 2-3 seasons

They’re so good this year, with such mediocre personnel, that it really makes you wonder what happened that one year when they were so bad?

I guess they just need a certain amount of time to teach their role players how to move and cut within the system.
SixthStreet
Pro Prospect
And1: 652

Post#165 » by SixthStreet » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:18 am

I think a big reason is Draymond was pretty much dogging it until this year. He's not messing around now.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#166 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:38 am

SixthStreet wrote:I think a big reason is Draymond was pretty much dogging it until this year. He's not messing around now.

Dropped him in fantasy last year. Regretting it bad now
76ciology
RealGM

Post#167 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:41 am

blargh wrote:
76ciology wrote:

But..

They’re so good this year, with such mediocre personnel, that it really makes you wonder what happened that one year when they were so bad?

I guess they just need a certain amount of time to teach their role players how to move and cut within the system.

Yup.

Screening itself is complicated for the warriors, they have different way of screening guys to the angles they want the defense to play. Then they run a lot of triangle offense, which is a heavy read and react system. It takes years for a team to be able to run the triangle offense. Its not a plug and play offense like PnR or dribble drive.

Draymond is a very underrated playmaker. You can see why they’re rumored to be interested in Ben, because only a guy like Ben can replace Draymond. Not Kuminga or Wiseman. You need to be able to read both actions happening at the strong side and the weak side, you need very high BBALL IQ players to run it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers