ImageImageImage

New & improved Ben Simmons trade thread Part 9

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,225

Re: New & improved Ben Simmons trade thread Part 9 

Post#1361 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:39 am

Jailblazers7 wrote:I think if Philly wants to get below the tax line to reset the repeater clock they’d do it in a different move. Seth has way too much value to just be included in a deal for nothing extra in return. It would not be hard to find a good trade for him.

This!
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#1362 » by Skates » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:51 am

Embiid loves playing with Curry, hence they are not trading Curry.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,196

Post#1363 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:08 am

PHI out: Simmons, Harris, Curry, Milton, 2023 ATL/CHA SRP
PHI in: Haliburton, Barnes, Hield, Covington, Thompson (waived)

POR out: Covington
POR in: Curry, 2023 ATL/CHA SRP, 2024 POR SRP

SAC out: Haliburton, Hield, Barnes, Thompson, 2024 POR SRP
SAC in: Simmons, Harris, Milton

Haliburton/Maxey/Springer
Hield/Green/Joe
Covington/Thybulle/Korkmaz
Barnes/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey

Top-8 ORTG, top-10 DRTG. One step closer.

Edit: Follow-up Hield/Green/pick for S&T Harden this summer.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1364 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:33 am

Joel Embiid will forget about Curry the moment we land Hield. Curry was an absolute afterthought before arriving here. Hield already has a name for himself and will only look better here.

Embiid was upset when we let JJ go because we didn’t replace him with a player who could run the same plays with him. They were also close on a personal level, but I’m not sure if he and Curry have that same type of bond.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1365 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:47 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Joel Embiid will forget about Curry the moment we land Hield. Curry was an absolute afterthought before arriving here. Hield already has a name for himself and will only look better here.

Embiid was upset when we let JJ go because we didn’t replace him with a player who could run the same plays with him. They were also close on a personal level, but I’m not sure if he and Curry have that same type of bond.

Curry was definitely not an afterthought. He was one of Morey's best moves since arriving.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1366 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:56 am

eyeatoma wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Joel Embiid will forget about Curry the moment we land Hield. Curry was an absolute afterthought before arriving here. Hield already has a name for himself and will only look better here.

Curry was definitely not an afterthought. He was one of Morey's best moves since arriving.

He was seen as an average bench player while on the Mavs. The initial idea was to have him sandwiched between big defensive “guard” Simmons and defensive forward Green. That’s all out the window now. I can’t imagine Morey thinks Curry is the long-term answer at shooting guard.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1367 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:19 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

He was seen as an average bench player while on the Mavs. The initial idea was to have him sandwiched between big defensive “guard” Simmons and defensive forward Green. That’s all out the window now. I can’t imagine Morey thinks Curry is the long-term answer at shooting guard.
He isn't but he's also not a throw a way and far better than Hield.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,515

Post#1368 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:33 am

eyeatoma wrote:

Agreed, in fact as of right now, this goes only as far as Curry and Embiid take us. That's the truth really. Curry was our second best player in the postseason last year. Let's not forget that. There was plenty of blame to go around in the Atlanta series, but Curry was the one consistent player for us that entire time. No way should we be even thinking about trading him. If we do get Buddy Hield...Great...But not much is going to change in terms of what Curry has been doing for us. He's such an underrated player.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,495

Post#1369 » by elchengue20 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:34 am

I think Hield could look great next to Embiid, he's a better player than Curry and JJ. But also a much more expensive one, without being a real difference maker.

So im not so sure we should go after him.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1370 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:40 am

elchengue20 wrote:I think Hield could look great next to Embiid, he's a better player than Curry and JJ. But also a much more expensive one, without being a real difference maker.

Hield is not a better player than Seth. He's a chucker.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,425

Post#1371 » by Jailblazers7 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:41 am

elchengue20 wrote:I think Hield could look great next to Embiid, he's a better player than Curry and JJ. But also a much more expensive one, without being a real difference maker.

He’d prob need to be involved if it’s a Ben + Tobi deal to make the money work.

Bottom line on Seth is that of course he’s tradeable but he not going to get thrown in a trade for nothing. Giving away assets purely to save money (in future tax penalties) is what poorly run teams do and Daryl is just not gonna do that.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,080

Post#1372 » by Murray_17 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:42 am

Jailblazers7 wrote:

Bottom line on Seth is that of course he’s tradeable but he not going to get thrown in a trade for nothing. Giving away assets purely to save money (in future tax penalties) is what poorly run teams do and Daryl is just not gonna do that.

Ownership is gonna force him to get under the tax if we don't have a contender by the deadline. That's not Morey's call to make.

There is no way Josh Harris is gonna accept being on the repeater for a 4th, 5th or 6th seed with 30 millions being wasted by a guy who refuse to play
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#1373 » by Madd Squabbles » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:52 am

KramerDSP wrote:All of this new chatter about Fox (and about Philly not wanting Fox) suggests that this is a salvo towards New Orleans. “If you’re willing to give up Ingram for Fox, we will send Simmons to Sacramento.”

Pels probably wouldn't mind trading for Fox but it won't be for Ingram.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,425

Post#1374 » by Jailblazers7 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:01 am

Murray_17 wrote:
Jailblazers7 wrote:

Ownership is gonna force him to get under the tax if we don't have a contender by the deadline. That's not Morey's call to make.

There is no way Josh Harris is gonna accept being on the repeater for a 4th, 5th or 6th seed with 30 millions being wasted by a guy who refuse to play

Sure, maybe Daryl is forced to get under the tax but he’s not gonna just say “**** it” and throw Seth into a trade. He’d at least find a way to recoup value because you can’t just light assets on fire like that.
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#1375 » by Madd Squabbles » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:30 am

KramerDSP wrote:My prediction is that ultimately, the return for Simmons will be either Haliburton+, Ingram, or nothing happens until the 2022 draft. I think Ranadive is who Morey has identified as the most likely to override his GM's advice and make a splash. Trading with the Kings always makes me feel good. Gudaitis and Mitrovic for the win!

I would love to get Haliburton. Pels are not trading Ingram for Simmons. I believe Maxey and Haliburton will be the Sixers backcourt for the next 10 years. I believe that eventually, Haliburton will be the point guard and Maxey will play the Iverson-style shooting guard role.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#1376 » by Stanford » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:31 am

Didn't you hear? Ingram is Tobias confirmed
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#1377 » by PhillyFan11 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:43 am

Sixers out: Ben, Shake, and I. Joe
Sixers in: Levert, Derrick White, Devin Vassell, Pacers 2023 lotto protected FRP, 2022 2nd from Spurs via Det

Pacers out: Turner, Levert, 2023 lotto protected 1st
Pacers in: Ben and Shake

Spurs out: White, Vassell, Det 2022 2nd
Spurs in: Turner and I Joe

White
Curry
Levert
Tobi
Jo
Maxey, Thybulle, Green, Drummond…little bit of Niang and Vassell mixed in

Off season trade- Levert, Green, Korkmaz, Vassell, Springer, Phil 2022 1st and Indy 2023 1st for…?
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1378 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:46 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:Sixers out: Ben, Shake, and I. Joe
Sixers in: Levert, Derrick White, Devin Vassell, Pacers 2023 lotto protected FRP, 2022 2nd from Spurs via Det

Pacers out: Turner, Levert, 2023 lotto protected 1st
Pacers in: Ben and Shake

Spurs out: White, Vassell, Det 2022 2nd
Spurs in: Turner and I Joe

White
Curry
Levert
Tobi
Jo
Maxey, Thybulle, Green, Drummond…little bit of Niang and Vassell mixed in

Off season trade- Levert, Green, Korkmaz, Vassell, Springer, Phil 2022 1st and Indy 2023 1st for…?

LeVert is terrible, and Derrick White is horribly inefficient.
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#1379 » by Madd Squabbles » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:54 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Green might as well go. He's on his last legs and is pretty useless at this point. He's been a walking injury this year, and even when he is playing Doc seems to go with Tisse in the starting lineup. I think Barnes is a decent defender right?

Yeah but we need another forward. We'd have Barnes at PF and then only Thybulle or Korkmaz with enough size to play SF. And too many small guys in the backcourt (Maxey, Fox, Curry, Hield).

Fair enough, but then I'd want to trade Danny in the summer. We need someone who can actually move. I'd love to get Jae Crowder, not sure if he's avaiable. I think we could have done something and gotten Reddish. He would have been perfect.

Reddish is prolly the worse defender in the entire NBA. I'd be contempt to just roll with Charlie Brown Jr.
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#1380 » by Madd Squabbles » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:01 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

In these times in the NBA you better think long and hard before trading away the best three-point shooter in the history of the NBA.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers