Curry and Embiid?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,117

Re: Curry and Embiid? 

Post#21 » by Arsenal » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:50 pm

kuclas wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:I want Curry traded. All this shooting he does is mitigated and worse when a nobody like Huerter can hunt and annihilate you in a playoff series and make Curry a liability even accounting for the fact Curry was himself shooting lights out in the series.

He's a functional, useful player for this roster. Is he good? No.

Was curry the problem? Who fouled huerter with sixer down by 1 and 8 seconds left on shot clock giving then 3 foul shots ?

The problem in hawks series wasn’t curry. It was doc rivers refusing to recognize he should stick with Milton or Maxey at the point guard in the 4th quarter.

Sixers had retaken a 4 point lead early in the fourth. Sixers with Milton running the point were up 81-77 (9 point swing when milton Was running the point guard position and Simmons at his natural power forward position).

The problem is running ben at the point guard position down the stretch. Not curry.

Notice we won games 2 with Milton on fire. And Maxey in game 6 (not by choice but by Simmons in foul trouble)

That tells you all you need to know. Unless sixers comfortable ahead. It’s hard to play ben down the stretch. But ben is needed if he can play hard for 30 minutes but just can’t be the primary ball handler in the last 5 minutes of close games.

Plus doc in catch-22 without Danny green playing thybulle for defense plus Simmons on the court. Two non shooters.

I agree with this. We lost the games because of the stretches where Doc played Simmons + Thybulle together.

We couldn't score at all on offense.

And Thybulle made 2 awful fouls of 3PT shooters at the end of Game 5 and 7. Those fouls arguably were the plays that lost both games, regardless of what Simmons did.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,117

Re: Curry and Embiid? 

Post#22 » by Arsenal » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:52 pm

I love Seth. What a steal of a trade.

That said, he's a defensive liability because of his size and lack of athleticism. Plus he doesn't shoot enough 3's to create massive gravity.

And he'll need a big new contract next offseason.

So I'm good with selling high on him now.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers