ImageImageImage

De-Beneration X Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Re: De-Beneration X Trade Thread 

Post#1961 » by KramerDSP » Thu Feb 3, 2022 2:07 am

I wonder if Boston would swoop in with a Jaylen Brown package and if that would trump the Sixers’ offer.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#1962 » by Skates » Thu Feb 3, 2022 2:31 am

Sixers need a physical and athletic wing big time.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#1963 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Feb 3, 2022 2:53 am

Mik317 wrote:two of those guys play the 3

Doc is not trading Seth lol

I guess you could rotate Beal, Maxey, and Curry while playing Green and Thybulle exclusively at the 3, but that team is getting destroyed defensively.

I think the clear move is Curry for a defensive forward.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1964 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Feb 3, 2022 2:57 am

Tomjas wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
You come up with some of the worst trades on this board that always end up hurting the Sixers more than they help.

With Beal, Maxey, Green, and Thybulle on board there will be no room for Curry. He’d clearly be the odd man out.

Blazers already have Dame, CJ, Simons & Powell

They don’t need Curry or Kork

They need size & defence

It’s not for fit, it’s for assets they can trade. Kork and Curry both have multiple years on their deals and could be traded later.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,407

Post#1965 » by JRoy » Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:32 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
With Beal, Maxey, Green, and Thybulle on board there will be no room for Curry. He’d clearly be the odd man out.

They need size & defence

It’s not for fit, it’s for assets they can trade. Kork and Curry both have multiple years on their deals and could be traded later.

No thanks from POR.

Want picks and expiring or TPE, not guys we might be able to trade someday for what we want.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1966 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:40 am

JRoy wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

They need size & defence

No thanks from POR.

Want picks and expiring or TPE, not guys we might be able to trade someday for what we want.

Green + SRP?

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
JRoy
RealGM

Post#1967 » by JRoy » Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:43 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
JRoy wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

No thanks from POR.

Green + SRP?

Green + FRP
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1968 » by Foshan » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:11 am

JRoy wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
JRoy wrote:
No thanks from POR.

Green + SRP?

Green + FRP

RoCo is washed. (As is Green) It doesn't make sense to make a move for him. If we are hoping for an old guy to turn it on in the playoffs and make a difference, I'd gamble on Green doing that over RoCo.

I say this as someone who loved Covington when he was here.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#1969 » by JRoy » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:18 am

Foshan wrote:
JRoy wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
Green + SRP?

Green + FRP

RoCo is washed. (As is Green) It doesn't make sense to make a move for him. If we are hoping for an old guy to turn it on in the playoffs and make a difference, I'd gamble on Green doing that over RoCo.

I say this as someone who loved Covington when he was here.

His days at sf are over but he can still help a PO team.

Expiring and late SRP is pointless, have to hope a contender will part with 2 SRP or a late FRP
Edrees wrote:

Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#1970 » by Skates » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:39 am

When I look at things, Beal is at best an even trade for Simmons and about to get very overpaid. Do something to get us Halliburton, Barnes and Bagley, with Bagley sent off somewhere to secure some kind of an asset from a team taking a chance on him. Let Barnes and Curry or Maxey provide scoring off the bench and if you get a pick swap out of it then all the better. If a real star is available in the summer you have the young assets and decent contracts to move, or you just build out around Tyrese squared next to Joel.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1971 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:49 am

JRoy wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
JRoy wrote:
No thanks from POR.

Green + SRP?

Green + FRP

You know that would never happen.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,547

Post#1972 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:52 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
76ciology wrote:Wiz will have a weird roster

Bertans, Avdija, Kuzma, Hachimura and Ben are super log jammed at PF.

Harrell, Gafford and Harrell also is a log jam at C.

Ben would play "point guard" there.

No offense but that’s confirmation bias or optimism bias talking.

It just doesnt makes sense for the Wiz

How’s their line-up be?

Dinwiddie
KCP
Kuzma
Ben
Thomas Bryant
?

Bench:
Bertans
Rui
Avdija

The only reason I see is Ben to cover the flaws of their heavily flawed players, just us how we plan to do with Tobi.

Maybe a wing heavy team with Rui defending centers?

Dinwiddie
KCP
Kuzma
Ben
Rui
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,592

Post#1973 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Feb 3, 2022 5:06 am

Skates wrote:When I look at things, Beal is at best an even trade for Simmons and about to get very overpaid. Do something to get us Halliburton, Barnes and Bagley, with Bagley sent off somewhere to secure some kind of an asset from a team taking a chance on him. Let Barnes and Curry or Maxey provide scoring off the bench and if you get a pick swap out of it then all the better. If a real star is available in the summer you have the young assets and decent contracts to move, or you just build out around Tyrese squared next to Joel.

Do something like what? Kings aren’t going to gift us a player like Haliburton just because we want him. Clearly only Simmons and junk ain’t getting it done and I don’t blame them.
always a jump shot away.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#1974 » by JRoy » Thu Feb 3, 2022 5:18 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
JRoy wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
Green + SRP?

Green + FRP

You know that would never happen.

The world never ceases to amaze. I think there is a chance we can get a FRP and and a good chance we could get 2 SRP.
Edrees wrote:

SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#1975 » by SixthStreet » Thu Feb 3, 2022 6:09 am

Why would Morey want Beal at almost $50mm/yr when you can have Fox at $30mm? It's insane and makes no sense so I'm choosing to completely dismiss this newfound Beal talk. Morey's just trying to stir the pot a little before the deadline.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#1976 » by SixthStreet » Thu Feb 3, 2022 6:32 am

All this weird stuff coming out on Simmons after the Shelburne article seems to fuel the idea that Simmons will come back if he's not dealt at the deadline. It's laying the foundation for it one report at a time.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,592

Post#1977 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Feb 3, 2022 7:07 am

SixthStreet wrote:Why would Morey want Beal at almost $50mm/yr when you can have Fox at $30mm? It's insane and makes no sense so I'm choosing to completely dismiss this newfound Beal talk. Morey's just trying to stir the pot a little before the deadline.

And you see Fox is available for Simmons… where exactly?
always a jump shot away.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1978 » by Foshan » Thu Feb 3, 2022 7:30 am

SixthStreet wrote:All this weird stuff coming out on Simmons after the Shelburne article seems to fuel the idea that Simmons will come back if he's not dealt at the deadline. It's laying the foundation for it one report at a time.

Seriously, just read that yahoo article, and left thinking "we are one good apology + a return of X mil in fines away from having Ben back playing after the deadline."

Sounds crazy, but that is by far the best case scenario at this point. Maxey's improved play, and Embiid's dominance should be able to give us a better playoff run than last year, while upping his value for an off season trade.

:noway: My wife tells me i'm an eternal optimist... :nod:
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1979 » by Tomjas » Thu Feb 3, 2022 7:41 am

Foshan wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:All this weird stuff coming out on Simmons after the Shelburne article seems to fuel the idea that Simmons will come back if he's not dealt at the deadline. It's laying the foundation for it one report at a time.

Seriously, just read that yahoo article, and left thinking "we are one good apology + a return of X mil in fines away from having Ben back playing after the deadline."

Sounds crazy, but that is by far the best case scenario at this point. Maxey's improved play, and Embiid's dominance should be able to give us a better playoff run than last year, while upping his value for an off season trade.

Windhorst was interviewed on Australian tv this week and floated a couple of outcomes unless a trade eventuates

Arbitration OR Simmons return AFTER his money is released

Keep in mind that chubby is a Klutch mouthpiece and you can bet that this is their ploy
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1980 » by Foshan » Thu Feb 3, 2022 8:37 am

Tomjas wrote:
Foshan wrote:

Windhorst was interviewed on Australian tv this week and floated a couple of outcomes unless a trade eventuates

Arbitration OR Simmons return AFTER his money is released

Keep in mind that chubby is a Klutch mouthpiece and you can bet that this is their ploy

I think the Sixers would be willing to do that. Its better than taking a bad trade return.

Both sides can claim victory, ben gets his money and probably a future destination change
Sixers get a player to help go into the playoffs and increase his value to get a better trade return at the draft.

All outside parties looking on acknowledge that both sides are egotistical losers who have both failed at basic life skills.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers