ImageImageImage

Benedict departs? Part XI Trade Thread - Let this be the end!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Do you think Ben gets traded before the deadline?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 112

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Re: Benedict departs? Part XI Trade Thread - Let this be the end! 

Post#1961 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:37 am

stormi wrote:Simmons, Thybulle, Drummond, Curry is kind of an insane package. I'd balk at that too...

Simmons is still a huge talent, idc. Thybulle also gives them a menacing defender. Curry gives them a floor spacer with huge gravity (although negated by Patty Mills, who's more of a bomber and is a better ballhandler). And Drummond probably starts for them and gives them quality minutes rebounding and protecting the paint.

Simmons/Drummond/Curry/Thybulle for Harden/Mills/Millsap

Irving/Thomas
Curry/Brown
Simmons/Thybulle
Durant/Edwards
Drummond/Aldridge

vs.

Maxey/Mills
Harden/Milton
Green/Korkmaz
Harris/Niang
Embiid/Reed

It's close actually, and that's a nice starting five, but that bench is putrid. Durant probably averages 45 on us and we get dominated athletically and on the glass all series. It goes to game 7 and we lose in heartbreaker fashion... Par for the course with this team.

Take out Mills and Thybulle and it's...

Simmons + Curry + Drummond

for

Harden + Millsap + filler (Carter?)

Then just have to get them to back off on Drummond.

It's not *that* far away...
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#1962 » by kuclas » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:37 am

The nets wants to make the sixers weaker. Not stronger. I’m sure they asking for Maxey or thybulle plus Simmons plus curry.

The purpose of a nets mid season trade is to cripple the sixers not make them better.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,828

Post#1963 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:40 am

I say just wait. Trade Tobias + picks for expirings. Trade Ben for best offer in offseason. Sign Harden.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 219

Post#1964 » by Embiid-MVP » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:42 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:I say just wait. Trade Tobias + picks for expirings. Trade Ben for best offer in offseason. Sign Harden.

Hate it but this might be the way. Could end up with Harden plus a nice piece through the Ben trade.
:banghead:
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1965 » by sixers4real » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:42 am

I don’t think a deal happens (hope I’m wrong), but I want Simmons and Harris gone tomorrow to clear cap space and maybe get one useful player in return (John Collins maybe?)

In that case we can sign Harden or Beal in the off-season. And keep Curry, Thybulle, Maxey.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1966 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:44 am

kuclas wrote:The nets wants to make the sixers weaker. Not stronger. I’m sure they asking for Maxey or thybulle plus Simmons plus curry.

The purpose of a nets mid season trade is to cripple the sixers not make them better.

I agree. This is being overlooked by a lot of us Sixer fans.

Yes we would imagine it's wiser for Brooklyn to take a package now instead of losing Harden for nothing. However, if they aren't keen on Simmons in the first place, they risk bolstering a division rival to be at their level (or better) for the remainder of Durant's career.

The "better" move for the Nets currently might cripple them by our addition of Harden. Just an important thing to consider.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#1967 » by Black Mage » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:45 am

I just want to know if we dump Tobias what hope does Joel have for this season????
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1968 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:49 am

sixers4real wrote:I don’t think a deal happens (hope I’m wrong), but I want Simmons and Harris gone tomorrow to clear cap space and maybe get one useful player in return (John Collins maybe?)

In that case we can sign Harden or Beal in the off-season. And keep Curry, Thybulle, Maxey.

Not a fan of John Collins, especially on that deal. Not much of an outside threat. Also remember his back to the basket game being abysmal against us in the Playoffs. Seems like the type of guy the Knicks would be gunning for. Sure he can bring the energy on both ends, but just seems like the type you don't want when the game slows down in the postseason all the while allocating a huge chunk of cap to.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#1969 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:50 am

Assuming the Nets don't make a fair Ben trade...

If we can clear Tobias for pure expirings we need to do it. I don't care if the guys coming back can play at all.

We can get a buyout guy (like Thad) to play PF in the meantime without significant dropoff.

Then we'll be positioned to take Harden and give the Nets nothing in the summer.

Well worth "punting" on this season when we're not winning anything anyway. Added benefit is giving Maxey all of Tobias' usage.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#1970 » by Skates » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:51 am

Next thread titles:

The Deal Zone

Or

A Friend of a Friend of Marc Jackson
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#1971 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:52 am

GoSixersBro wrote:
sixers4real wrote:I don’t think a deal happens (hope I’m wrong), but I want Simmons and Harris gone tomorrow to clear cap space and maybe get one useful player in return (John Collins maybe?)

Not a fan of John Collins, especially on that deal. Not much of an outside threat. Also remember his back to the basket game being abysmal against us in the Playoffs. Seems like the type of guy the Knicks would be gunning for. Sure he can bring the energy on both ends, but just seems like the type you don't want when the game slows down in the postseason all the while allocating a huge chunk of cap to.

John Collins is a better bet in the playoffs than Tobias Harris is. He has the plus athleticism to hang.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#1972 » by sixers4real » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:52 am

Black Mage wrote:I just want to know if we dump Tobias what hope does Joel have for this season????

I don’t think that Tobias is Joel’s hope.

It seems Joel, Morey and Josh Harris are all on the same team, they want to win a title in the next 5 years. If dumping Tobias Harris will increase the chances of winning one, Joel is okay with that.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#1973 » by Skates » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:56 am

Trade Tobias in the summer, less contract, more options.

Tanking this season for a 33 yo chubster you have to give a huge contract to makes no sense, Joel is all about winning every game with his teammates, not taking a detour back to crapiocrity.

Harris is playing really well right now, it just makes no sense.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager

Post#1974 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:57 am

Tobis playoff history tells me he's not the answer short term anyway so what's the difference? See if guy can get Schroeder or someone to be a scoring spark plug that might get hot and win a few games this season.

10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1975 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:57 am

Next thread name:

BENker's Dozen: A Hard batch

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
XtremeDunkz
General Manager

Post#1976 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:58 am

Skates wrote:Trade Tobias in the summer, less contract, more options.

Tanking this season for a 33 yo chubster you have to give a huge contract to makes no sense, Joel is all about winning every game with his teammates, not taking a detour back to crapiocrity.

Harris is playing really well right now, it just makes no sense.
Much harder to do that. Very few teams can take Tobi without sending salary back. And those that can will be loaded with offers to eat contracts.

Much simpler to get expirings in return now.

10/27/16
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,190

Post#1977 » by eyeatoma » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:58 am

Skates wrote:Next thread titles:

The Deal Zone

Or

This is the way!
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#1978 » by sixers4real » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:01 am

Skates wrote:Next thread titles:

The Deal Zone

Or

Obviously :)
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,190

Post#1979 » by eyeatoma » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:02 am

The only reason I think there will be some sort of a trade, even if it's with losing Tobias when he's actually playing well, is it becomes so much harder to clear space in the summer, if no trade is done. If the end goal is to get Harden, or Beal, or someone else, clearing space now, makes the most sense.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#1980 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:03 am

Black Mage wrote:I just want to know if we dump Tobias what hope does Joel have for this season????

Tobias != hope so if we don't get the Harden deal done, he needs to go. We're not winning jack w/him here and no Harden or Ben.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers