ImageImageImage

We have entered the Deal Zone from my friend's friend who is a friend of Mark Jackson's brother - Trade Thread XII

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Deal or no deal?

Yup Ben is gone in 24 hours!
43%
Nope, we are the Sixers we will live in pain for eternity!
57%

Total votes: 82

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Re: We have entered the Deal Zone from my friend's friend who is a friend of Mark Jackson's brother - Trade Thread XII 

Post#1321 » by Kobblehead » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:08 am

I can't pay attention to the interview, I'm too transfixed on Cowherd's eyebrows.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,395

Re: We have entered the Deal Zone from my friend's friend who is a friend of Mark Jackson's brother - Trade Thread XII 

Post#1322 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:17 am

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1324 » by sixers4real » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:42 am

Negrodamus wrote:I wonder who the player was.

Brandon Ingram?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#1325 » by phiphan » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:51 am

Cool interview. Frank comments at 15:40 about timeline.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,956

Post#1326 » by Murray_17 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:10 am

It looks like we were close to getting Beal before he got injured.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,568

Post#1327 » by FireMorey » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:17 am

Murray_17 wrote:

What is the timestamp where they talk about Beal?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,964

Post#1328 » by eyeatoma » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:18 am

Very interesting I see that rumor of us making a play for Beal, Lillard, Lavine in the offseason coming to fruition.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,956

Post#1329 » by Murray_17 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:23 am

FireMorey wrote:
What is the timestamp where they talk about Beal?

Don't remember the timestamp but Daryl mention we were getting another player before the buzz around Harden started. Deal went down because the other team back tracked.

The Beal stuff was just speculation from the guys but it seems that the injury altered the process. It doesn't look like the Kings because they were out on Ben like 2 or 3 weeks before the deadline

Daryl really believes this is the year to get a title so he's acting on that escenario (his algorithm put us at 13% odds of getting the title after the Harden trade).
Sam Hinkie
Junior
And1: 337

Post#1330 » by Sam Hinkie » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:45 am

I think he's embellishing these stories given the potential tampering issues with Harden. He is being very open, more open than usual, about other trades they were considering.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1331 » by eyeatoma » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:47 am

Daryl mentions that James wanted to be here when we first tried to get him from Houston. This is confirmation to me that Tillman **** us over.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,791

Post#1332 » by Stanford » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:52 pm

It's in the early part of the podcast and he makes reference to it throughout. He mentions a deal they were strongly considering and says that something happened (that he can't say because it will give it away) that prevented it. You could interpret that something as Beal having surgery. You could also interpret it as the Kings trading Haliburton to the Pacers. Or something else. He's not giving much away.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#1333 » by Kobblehead » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:19 pm

Didn't he specify that it was a Western Conference team? And he made it seem like it was a player that people would be a shocked that two first round picks wouldn't land.

It's D'Angelo Russell!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1334 » by Stanford » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Didn't he specify that it was a Western Conference team? And he made it seem like it was a player that people would be a shocked that two first round picks wouldn't land.

It's D'Angelo Russell!

That was the Cowherd interview. And I'm pretty sure he meant Simmons and two firsts, as he was using it to justify shipping two out in the nets deal.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,697

Post#1335 » by Negrodamus » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:33 pm

Stanford wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Didn't he specify that it was a Western Conference team? And he made it seem like it was a player that people would be a shocked that two first round picks wouldn't land.

It's D'Angelo Russell!

That was the Cowherd interview. And I'm pretty sure he meant Simmons and two firsts, as he was using it to justify shipping two out in the nets deal.

It seems to me like it was a separate player he wanted for one first, but was testing the waters for two. I didn’t get the impression it was in a Ben deal. But I could be wrong.

It doesn’t feel like anyone has been available that we would trade Ben+ for other than Harden and Lillard.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1336 » by Stanford » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:37 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Stanford wrote:

It's D'Angelo Russell!

It seems to me like it was a separate player he wanted for one first, but was testing the waters for two. I didn’t get the impression it was in a Ben deal. But I could be wrong.

It doesn’t feel like anyone has been available that we would trade Ben+ for other than Harden and Lillard.

He used it to go right into the Nets deal. I dunno. Who knows, you could be right. He wasn't very clear.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1337 » by eyeatoma » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:19 pm

It's D'Angelo Russell!

That was separate.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,806

Post#1338 » by mjkvol » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:38 pm

Murray_17 wrote:

I'm not happy that anyone gets hurt, but in this case thank goodness.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#1339 » by thenbaman » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:39 pm

Did morey mention any buy out players that the sixers might be looking at?
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,806

Post#1340 » by mjkvol » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:41 pm

eyeatoma wrote:Very interesting I see that rumor of us making a play for Beal, Lillard, Lavine in the offseason coming to fruition.

I wanted no part of Lillard before the Harden trade, but having him in a more limited role alongside Harden is quite appealing, and should lengthen his effectiveness. Lavine would be the most ideal, but I still would rather steer clear of Beal.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers